July 7 memorial defaced by graffiti on ninth anniversary

ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
Forum Member
The memorial commemorating the victims of the July 7 bombings in London has been defaced just hours before survivors and bereaved families gather to commemorate the ninth anniversary of the attacks.

The stainless steel columns of the memorial in Hyde Park were daubed with red and black slogans overnight saying "4Innocent Muslims", "Blair Lied Thousands Died" and "J7 Truth".

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/jul/07/july-7-memorial-defaced-graffiti-ninth-anniversary?CMP=fb_gu

Whoever did this is one sick puppy.

Comments

• 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope there was CCTV and whatever piece of low-life scum did this can be found and suitably punished. It's just sick >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    No doubt they will find imprints of DM boots.
  • UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really on, is this? Those SOBs.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are just idiots. It's blatantly obvious that Blair was the worst thing that happened to the Labour Party. George W Bush's lapdog and also a complete wimp. We don't need graffiti to remind us of how pathetic he was as a Prime Minister. Why the hell did they choose to graffiti a memorial though? Some people have absolutely no brains.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    Some people are just idiots. It's blatantly obvious that Blair was the worst thing that happened to the Labour Party. George W Bush's lapdog and also a complete wimp. We don't need graffiti to remind us of how pathetic he was as a Prime Minister. Why the hell did they choose to graffiti a memorial though? Some people have absolutely no brains.

Totally agree. If these 'people' want to make a comment with their graffiti I suggest they do it on the Labour Party HQ building if they have to do it anywhere and not on a memorial for innocent victims who had no part in Bliar's war
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    U.A.F. commie types no doubt.
    They have a history of abusing memorials.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    :( Nasty people with no boundaries.
  • dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    getzls wrote: »

Could be. I wouldn't be surprised.
  • richcleverrichclever Posts: 12,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hmm, odd that as I thought it was EDL sympathisers that were more likely to deface war memorials.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/01/raf-bomber-memorial-vandalised_n_4192205.html
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/man-who-defaced-raf-bomber-command-war-memorial-with-lee-rigby-graffiti-to-be-sentenced-8921720.html
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a horrible thing to happen but then I remember Stephen Lawrence's memorial also being defaced so it happens.

Obviously people will automatically assume that this has been defaced by "extremists" though ..
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a horrible thing to happen but then I remember Stephen Lawrence's memorial also being defaced so it happens.

Obviously people will automatically assume that this has been defaced by "extremists" though ..

To be fair, it IS pretty extreme behaviour, whichever "side" they're on.
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Oh those wacky muslims...
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like the idiots who defaced the Bomber Command Memorial.>:(
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »

Absolutely. This is the action of an utter moron.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    richclever wrote: »

My thoughts as well. These EDL loons have a history of defacing war memorials.
  • getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mesostim wrote: »

You need a bit more proof than that.
    Some kid writing EDL on a memorial does make the EDL responsible

Pishing on them and destroying poppies belong to the left.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In the end, we obviously have no idea on who it was that defaced the memorial and I am certainly not making any assumptions either way. Whoever it was is obviously a dick of the highest order and I hope they are caught and punished accordingly (by the law not some knee jerk vigilantes).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You need a bit more proof than that.
    Some kid writing EDL on a memorial does make the EDL responsible

Pishing on them and destroying poppies belong to the left.

Wasn't it the EDL that were caught relieving themselves all over Westminster Abbey http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/03/447234.html?c=on
  • juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    I would have hoped that after the Tolouse Jewish murders, Guardian readers and others on the left would have learned to hold their tongues until the police had had a chance to make some enquiries.:blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have hoped that after the Tolouse Jewish murders, Guardian readers and others on the left would have learned to hold their tongues until the police had had a chance to make some enquiries.:blush:

Erm, the only people commenting on who it might be certainly don't seem to be those on the left.
  • housegirlhousegirl Posts: 6,017
    Forum Member
    I just hope the get the brain dead person/persons that did this
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Why do people do things like this? They must be wrong in the head.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Can't say I'd be overly shocked if this turned out to be the case here
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    I hope they're sent to prison. If bacon on a mosque warrants a jail term surely this does.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they're sent to prison. If bacon on a mosque warrants a jail term surely this does.

The police are treating it as criminal damage, not a hate crime