I could cry for Gary

Comments

• wotnotwotnot Posts: 9,565
    Forum Member
    Like I said earlier somewhere in here, they will hear the cheers for Gary on Wednesday night. And some Booo's for the others. Then watch them make an effort with him lol

Exactly this!
  • HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    Do you think Gary can turn the housemates round? He's a lovely guy living in his own lovely world and yet not one housemate apart from Claire that I've seen speaks to him like he's a human being. He is a lovely man and I think if the people in there could put some of their arrogance aside and just take the guy as he is I think they might see another side to him. I think some of them may feel slightly ashamed of their behaviour when they get out and see it back.....some of them.......maybe.

If he is such a lovely man I am sure they would have liked him, as it is he seems to not be showing that side to himself in the house. Do you know him personally? it seems these celebs are very good at playing Mr/Mrs nice to the public but behind close doors they are usually not the person they pretend to be.

The hms speak to him as they are spoken to by him just because BB only shows us what they want us to see doesn't mean it is the whole picture. No one treats someone badly unless they feel that they have a reason to because of the way the person has been behaving towards them.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't cry for Gary - when he hears....or is told.....there are cheers for him - I am sure it will make his day. :)
    Forum Member
    Bela wrote: »
    That's my take on Gary too.

I think there's a lot of projecting going on as regards Gary.

Yes, he's 70 and yes, he's been through the mill, health-wise, and yes, some of the other HMs could be a tad more senstitive at times to that, but the one thing he's shown from the beginning is that he's got a very strong and powerful :D belief in himself and nothing is going to change that. He's essentially self-sufficient, happy with his own company, equally happy to shoot the breeze with anyone who cares to engage with him. What he does not do, for the most part, is take things personally or to heart, and I really like that about him. Also, this is a Hollywood-hardened guy and a handful of random, occasionally insensitive or unpleasant people he doesn't know from Adam is going to have absolutely zero impact on him. He's no fool and is playing as much of a game in his own way as everyone else in there.

I think he's a great HM, and will not be remotely surprised if he wins, but I do think people need to stop trying to paint him as some poor old, picked-upon, misunderstood man.

People always feel they have to find some picked upon victim on here. wasn't Christopher and Chris the victims on the last BB and look how quick Christopher pipped up when he realise how he was coming across.
    Forum Member
    S_J1 wrote: »
    Okay so he's a little bit eccentric and off the wall sometimes. But when you listen to him sometimes, he has incredible advice and knowledge. He is someone you could learn from so much yet they write him off.

I just watched the Vt with Lauren, James and Gary. Gary tried to join in the conversation, neither looked at him, he expressed his opinion and then James took it completely the wrong way. Gary made a very good point about debates and arguments, I actually liked his quote.
    http://bigbrother.channel5.com/day-7-things-get-cold-between-james-and-gary

James doesn't half dislike Gary, he tires to provoke, get a reaction and rile him up. James needs to learn we all have different opinions and views. Dislike James very much.

Gary also made an issue about a comment James made by asking who said you are the whoever it was of the dancing world. He was very rude about it IMO and should have just kept out of the conversation if he was going to be snippy about what was said.
    Forum Member
    Gary does not need a nurse,what he needs some human kindness from the other housemates.

And in return he needs to give it back if he wants it! >:(
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cry for him?:o
  • previewspreviews Posts: 3,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary seems to me to be completely in control of the house. He manages to wrongfoot any hm who comes into contact with him and ensures that they all deal with him on his terms.
    He's a pretty big star who's had a ilfetime of swimming in the shark infested waters of Hollywood so this collection of z-listers and minor reality tv stars is easy meat for him.
    Gary Busey is a great housemate but he is certainly no victim.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't cry for him, DS members
    The truth is, he'll never thank you :D
    All through his wild days, his mad existence
    He kept his promise, don't keep your distance ;-)
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

Ahaha! Love it.:D
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I could cry for Gary with how sweet he is and how the others are not giving him a chance
  • AmicaAmica Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    previews wrote: »
    Gary seems to me to be completely in control of the house. He manages to wrongfoot any hm who comes into contact with him and ensures that they all deal with him on his terms.
    He's a pretty big star who's had a ilfetime of swimming in the shark infested waters of Hollywood so this collection of z-listers and minor reality tv stars is easy meat for him.
    Gary Busey is a great housemate but he is certainly no victim.

This.

He maybe a bit deaf and/or forgetful but he is pleasing himself and would likely laugh at being perceived a victim. He has done lots of reality tv and knows how it works. He is fascinating to watch.
  • ChrissieAOChrissieAO Posts: 5,143
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »

:D:D:D:D
  • bigbrotherwafabigbrotherwafa Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :lllllllll
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's only a saying. Some people on here are getting a bit hysterical about it. It's ok I'm really not sitting in a pool of tears :)
  • Silver RiverSilver River Posts: 1,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's only a saying. Some people on here are getting a bit hysterical about it. It's ok I'm really not sitting in a pool of tears :)

*Hides large box of tissues behind my back* That's ok then, I knew you weren't really crying... :blush:
  • Twinkle toes noTwinkle toes no Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Hides large box of tissues behind my back* That's ok then, I knew you weren't really crying... :blush:

I'm being brave.......really would like a tissue if you could spare one 'sniffs heroically' . Thanks for caring :)
  • Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't get all the poor little gary and Saint gary can do no wrong tbh. yes some of the housemates could be more caring but Gary has is faults too, yes he is 70 years old but i doubt he's the delicate flower some people act like he is. imo he does act like a stubborn, arrogant and rude man sometimes who would be difficult to live with. if big brother didnt think gary could handle the house or needed nursing then he should not or would not have been sent in there.

Being a similar age to Gary all I can say is he reminds me of a grumpy old man who wants his way and is never wrong. If he could just get past "I am a celebrity" attitude he might even learn something from the youngsters in the house. I was brought up to believe that you can learn something new every day and you are never too old to learn. He will not concede any point to the youngsters, he is the only one who knows anything. Unfortunately there are old men like him (and ladies) and as far as I am concerned they are just ignorant and not worth the time of day. He appears jealous of the youngsters.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HBB wrote: »
    What evidence do you have that he's a lovely guy.
    He seem like an arrogant twonk to me.

And where's your proof that he's an arrogant fool? Where's your Evidence apart from what big brother has fed you!!
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    And where's your proof that he's an arrogant fool? Where's your Evidence apart from what big brother has fed you!!

:o BB are the ones feeding us that he's a lovely guy :cool:

I like Gary but luckily can see he's a human being with faults, in fact just like the other HMs, and not a saint and certainly not a martyr.
  • StarryNight1983StarryNight1983 Posts: 4,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like Gary but luckily can see he's a human being with faults, in fact just like the other HMs, and not a saint and certainly not a martyr.

I agree he is not a saint but he doesn't deserve all the shit the little wannabe Z listers are giving him!!
  • Cat-Cat- Posts: 7,612
    Forum Member

I can see he has faults too, but he's by far one of the better hms in there. The fact that he isn't perfect is why I like him. Housemates that are too nice don't make for riveting TV. It's his wackiness and uniqueness that I find intriguing to watch. I also like seeing his interactions with the other hms who for the most part, imo anyway, read him the wrong way. :)
  • HBBHBB Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The other FM stated "he is a lovely guy". That's a fact they are declaring

I respond that he seems like an arrogant twonk to me, that's clearly an opinion based on an impression gained from watching him.

So they and perhaps you need to provide evidence of the stated fact that he's a lovely man.

I don't have evidence he's a twonk because, as I said, I'm expressing an opinion of my impression.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gary also made an issue about a comment James made by asking who said you are the whoever it was of the dancing world. He was very rude about it IMO and should have just kept out of the conversation if he was going to be snippy about what was said.

They were having a conversation and James was boasting like a big headed fool, making ridiculous pronouncements about his marvelousness in the dance world...Gary called him on it and for me it was one of the most hilarious and justified put downs ever..:D

"who told ya that".....:D:D
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    I can see he has faults too, but he's by far one of the better hms in there. The fact that he isn't perfect is why I like him. Housemates that are too nice don't make for riveting TV. It's his wackiness and uniqueness that I find intriguing to watch. I also like seeing his interactions with the other hms who for the most part, imo anyway, read him the wrong way. :)

Agree. Moreover, the behaviour of the other hm's is startling, whilst Gary may be irritating, no doubt about it, their lack of empathy towards his hearing loss is shocking. Really shows a real lack of understanding & I find it disgusting when they insult him as they walk away from him, knowing he cannot hear. Now that is really low.:(