Dennis Rickman- one year on

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 945
Forum Member
✭✭
A year ago, Sharon and Dennis were preparing for christmas, little did they know what was going to happen

Sharon finds out that she is pregnant
Johnny attacks her and tells her to leave
Dennis attacks Johnny
Dennis is killed- we hear sharons heartbreaking scream :cry::o
Dennis' funeral- Sharon attacks Johnny
Sharon and Phil leave- 'he's a dead man'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNez2GaBzc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmxGSgH1p2s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPEO_ToyYo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsjNCOhk8w

Comments

• lethalinjectionlethalinjection Posts: 510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigel Harman was as wooden as ever in those scenes lol
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I heard that Dennis was leaving, I thought things couldn't get any better......

........then I found out he was being killed off.

Truly delightful times, seeing the back of dull Dennis and wooden Nigel :)
  • Tori's SoapboxTori's Soapbox Posts: 4,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iheartme wrote:
    A year ago, Sharon and Dennis were preparing for christmas, little did they know what was going to happen

Sharon finds out that she is pregnant
    Johnny attacks her and tells her to leave
    Dennis attacks Johnny
    Dennis is killed- we hear sharons heartbreaking scream :cry::o
    Dennis' funeral- Sharon attacks Johnny
    Sharon and Phil leave- 'he's a dead man'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNNez2GaBzc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmxGSgH1p2s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blPEO_ToyYo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojsjNCOhk8w

I miss Dennis ... :(
  • Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dennis :cry:

30th December 2005 was a disasterous day. First we lose Family Affairs, and then Dennis is bumped off :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe that was a year ago! Madness! Seems like just a couple months ago Dennis and Chrissy were in eastenders and it was worth watching
  • ButtersButters Posts: 3,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm honestly not just saying this to get people's backs up but imo Dennis Rickman was one of the most overused, overated characters in soap history.
    And Nigel Harmen's acting was more hammy than the pork steaks I have in my fridge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Butters wrote:
    I'm honestly not just saying this to get people's backs up but imo Dennis Rickman was one of the most overused, overated characters in soap history.
    And Nigel Harmen's acting was more hammy than the pork steaks I have in my fridge.
    I agree with the first part of it. He was certainly overused but that was a good thing. I thought he was an excellent character.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butters wrote:
    I agree. He was so wooden it was unbelievable. I was thrilled when they killed him off and especially when it was all down to the legend Johnny Allen :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Butters wrote:

Agreed.

I seem to remember a snippet from a Nigel Harman interview where he criticised the acting in general on EE. Look in the mirror, mate :sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Well, Nigel certainly made the right move as he has done incredibly well in theatre over the past year. He has had many excellent reviews and has not once been accused of being wooden. If his character was wooden in EE might I suggest that the dreary, unmaginative script writers might have been to blame. There was loads of potential to develop a character as complex as Dennis and the programme was full of missed opportunities. Good luck to him and I hope he becomes as successful on TV as he is in theatre.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, Nigel certainly made the right move as he has done incredibly well in theatre over the past year. He has had many excellent reviews and has not once been accused of being wooden. If his character was wooden in EE might I suggest that the dreary, unmaginative script writers might have been to blame. There was loads of potential to develop a character as complex as Dennis and the programme was full of missed opportunities. Good luck to him and I hope he becomes as successful on TV as he is in theatre.

You can't blame the writers for everything that was wrong with Nigel's performance. Nobody forced him to speak in monotone or never change his facial expression unless to put on that "I've just wet myself" face. A good actor works with the material they are given.
  • Elsie TannerElsie Tanner Posts: 5,110
    Forum Member
    Dennis who?
  • KHORAKHORA Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    Dennis who?

Yes, Dennis who... this name bug thing reminds me of those Corrie characters I can't remember too. :)
  • hattersfanhattersfan Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigel Harman was as wooden as ever in those scenes lol

More like Dennis Thickman; he wasn't all that clever was he. I was glad to see the back of the murdering jailbird thug.

Would you want someone like him living in your street? If Dennis' character had been older/fatter/uglier then he'd have been been an very unpopular character. Maybe it's lucky that the likes of Hitler and Mussolini had faces and bodies that only their mother's could have loved!
  • MaySmiddyMaySmiddy Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Dennis who?
    Rickman, it's in the thread title dear. :rolleyes: If you have nothing constructive to add please don't bother at all. Sarcasm doesn't become you and it's the lowest form of wit, kid.
  • kerker Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizzy Dog wrote:
    Agreed.

I seem to remember a snippet from a Nigel Harman interview where he criticised the acting in general on EE. Look in the mirror, mate :sleep:

He has never criticised the actors on EE. Which article are you talking about?

I miss Dennis a lot, in fact I miss Den, Andy, Sharon and Chrissie too :cry:
    Forum Member
    He said that there were 'hammy' actors/acting in EastEnders, or something along those lines.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    oh dennis... why? why? why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KHORA wrote:
    He said that there were 'hammy' actors/acting in EastEnders, or something along those lines.

Yes, that's basically what he said, except less tactfully.

The way everyone said Dennis was a good person drove me mental. He beat people up for a living and he's still a good person. He shoots a man dead in cold blood and he's still a good person. He cheats on Zoe with his sister and he's still a good person. He beats Johnny Allen half to death and he's still a good person. He physically lashes out at anyone who annoys him and he's still a good person. Whatever :rolleyes: :sleep:

The "bad boy with a good heart" is such a boring cliche. Not to mention I don't think he had a good heart anyway. God bless Danny Moon for driving a blade through the aforementioned heart :)

EDIT: Forgot to mention the thing that most annoyed me about the character: he was a total hypocrite. He was a murderer himself, but he came all high and mighty with Chrissie for doing the same. What's that all about? :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,887
    Forum Member
    ..... and nearly a year since I stopped watching Stenders :D
    Couldn't keep watching the "Mitchell Show" any longer. :cool:
  • Dr Lisa CLDr Lisa CL Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I don't know how many one could say Nigel Harman was a great actor. He was the crappest thing EastEnders have ever cast and after Jack Ryder & Chris Parker thats saying something. His drama on ITV ''The Outsiders'' was so bad I'm surprised they even bothered to show it.
    Forum Member
    They nearly didn't Dr Lisa! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't miss him at all, overused, he was an alright actor but the character was just so cliche. Thank god EE got better after he left, IMO.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hattersfan wrote:
    More like Dennis Thickman; he wasn't all that clever was he. I was glad to see the back of the murdering jailbird thug.

Would you want someone like him living in your street?
    If Dennis' character had been older/fatter/uglier then he'd have been been an very unpopular character. Maybe it's lucky that the likes of Hitler and Mussolini had faces and bodies that only their mother's could have loved!

Yes please :D

He was certainly easy on the eye but I actually did enjoy his character too... so much better than the cartoon clone Sean Slater. You want bad acting give him a call ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww I loved Dennis. :(