Options

The most heartbreaking soap episode ever?

KMXKMX Posts: 1,459
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What would you choose?

I actually have to go with Emmerdale from yesterday - I was in tears for most of it, it was so well acted and emotionally charged I couldn't stop myself! Charlotte Bellamy as Laurel was outstanding, I'm really hoping she picks an award up for that.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    same, I have never cried so much in my life! :cry:
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    KMX wrote: »
    What would you choose?

I actually have to go with Emmerdale from yesterday - I was in tears for most of it, it was so well acted and emotionally charged I couldn't stop myself! Charlotte Bellamy as Laurel was outstanding, I'm really hoping she picks an award up for that.

If you were watching back then, the episode where Butch Dingle died was also very well done.

And the pageant episode when Len died last year also.

the Emmerdale team seem to know how to portray death storylines very well, don't they?:)
  • Options
    A CillayA Cillay Posts: 8,215
    Forum Member
    Eastenders- Dot euthanasing Ethel. :(:cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJ1LfXq5Qg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Butch's was good yes, back when Emily was a character we cared about!

Also Ethel Skinner's would be up there amongst the most heartbreaking for me.
  • Options
    chitariverachitarivera Posts: 36,905
    Forum Member
    KMX wrote: »
    Butch's was good yes, back when Emily was a character we cared about!

Also Ethel Skinner's would be up there amongst the most heartbreaking for me.

The Butch exit featured a beautifully acted piece by the guy who plays Marlon. It was in the days before he went a bit caricature and OTT.
    The bit which sticks in my mind is when Marlon approached the hospital bed and was trying to be jolly, but he was crying through his smile. It was very, very good IMO.

Oh and don't forget Edna's dog Batley, touching her with his tiny paw before he breathed his last.

I agree Ethel and Dot in those scenes were fabulous, too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god Batley! I loved when it won "Best Exit" at the Soap Awards, it was so well done - although Batley lived a bit too long after his injection!
  • Options
    Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale was really sad yesterday.

I remember crying a lot when Meg died in Blake's arms in H&A. :cry:
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,315
    Forum Member
    A Cillay wrote: »
    Eastenders- Dot euthanasing Ethel. :(:cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqJ1LfXq5Qg

Yeah that made me cry, and it takes a lot to make me cry lol, even thinking about that makes me sad :(
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definately Emmerdale yesterday
  • Options
    robjames69robjames69 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nana Moon or Ethels deaths in EastEnders did it for me
    And the Armistance Day Episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,169
    Forum Member
    I cried at Len's death last year, and that's the only time I've ever cried at a soap.
  • Options
    Den767Den767 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Ethel's death scenes for me, and following close behind would be Nana Moon's death. As for heartbreaking storylines, the current Susan Kinski storyline in Neighbours is very emotionally charged indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive never really got emotional
    but last christmas was just heartbreaking, you can really feel tanyas pain and the fact lauren and abi's family has been torn apart
    I just think thats just horrible, good tv but absolutly sad.
  • Options
    KellerKeller Posts: 5,970
    Forum Member
    Ethel or Nana Moon's death, I remember going back to work after Nana Moon's death and everyone was talking about even customers were saying "do you watch EastEnders...how saw was it" Ethel's had the same effect.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When baby Grace died in hollyoaks I was in tears, it was rather sad:(. Hollyoaks tend to do storylines like that really well.

Jason
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    Ethel and Nana Moons deaths in EE were heartwrenching, I can't even watch Ethels death again, I try to put I have to turn it off because I just can't watch it. I sobbed alot at both, I also cried alot when Dennis died, his funeral pulled at the heartstrings too.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jason© wrote: »
    When baby Grace died in hollyoaks I was in tears, it was rather sad:(. Hollyoaks tend to do storylines like that really well.

Jason

Yeh that was really sad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Drew's funeral in Neighbours...

Madge's death in Neighbours.

Two very emotionally charged episodes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,857
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason© wrote: »

Jason

Yeah that was very sad, another episode of Hollyoaks that i thought was sad was Mel and Sophies funeral and Justin asked if they could be buried 11 minutes apart. Hollyoaks do tend to do emotional stuff very well.

I also agree about Nana Moons death in EE, and in actually fact there are probably many more moments like Alice and Sam in Emmerdale, but at present i can't think of any more that i cried too whilst watching.
  • Options
    savethecheerleasavethecheerlea Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    misspeg wrote: »
    Drew's funeral in Neighbours...

Madge's death in Neighbours.

Two very emotionally charged episodes.

I admit, i cried when madge died :o

Nana moons death, by far the most saddest and ethel :cry::cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah that was very sad, another episode of Hollyoaks that i thought was sad was Mel and Sophies funeral and Justin asked if they could be buried 11 minutes apart. Hollyoaks do tend to do emotional stuff very well.

I also agree about Nana Moons death in EE, and in actually fact there are probably many more moments like Alice and Sam in Emmerdale, but at present i can't think of any more that i cried too whilst watching.

Oh i forgot about mel and sophies funeral in hollyoaks, that was very sad

I also found mark fowlers funeral
  • Options
    GEMS17GEMS17 Posts: 22,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig and JP parting at the airport in Hollyoaks. Made me weep!
  • Options
    krytenkkrytenk Posts: 1,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the only soap I've watched for several years now, but I'd have to go with Madge's death in Neighbours. Brilliantly done.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    When alfie and kat broke up made me really sad, not really cry but sad as it was great acting and they were so suited.

Glad they got back together lol
  • Options
    mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    When Jamie died on Eastenders I found myself bawling my eyes out.
    Must have been good because I didn't like his or Sonia's characters lol. But they still managed to make me cry.