Royal Variety Performance 2010

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Does anyone know if the Royal Variety Performance 2010 will be repeated?

Unfortunately, I missed the whole show :cry:

Comments

• Manly BarrilowManly Barrilow Posts: 1,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from Les Mis, boy did you miss nothing!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Not sure if it's getting repeated. I was channel-hopping and caught the very end of SuBo singing who looked like she had been made to wear something extremely uncomfortable to give her a more streamlined figure, then some awful young annoying comedian came on, at which point I switched off. Matthew Wright has just said he watched Susan Boyle murder Perfect Day and it was the most horrific thing he's ever seen :/
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apart from Les Mis, boy did you miss nothing!

Was that the 25th anniversery touring cast??
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Was that the 25th anniversery touring cast??

No, it was a motley bunch of people. The girl who plays Eponine was great singing On My Own and then all the cast sang Do You Hear the People Sing, followed by four "Jean Valjeans" singing Bring Him Home.

It was ironic that they were performing Les Miserables while there was a student riot taking place only a few streets away!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    sueldoc wrote: »

You did not miss much - The Royal Variety is becoming boring and lack-lustre , filled with unknown , unfunny comedians who are on stage much longer than necessary . Michael Mcintyre as the host was horrendous , he is the most untalented over-rated idiot on tv at the moment and as for Cheryl Cole - well she was just pitiful , Take that were sufferable but have been better . The biggest disaapointment was the Britains got talent winners , their routine seemed unexciting and unpolished . Apart from Susan Boyle and Kylie - the show was an pile of crap
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was terrific

MM was a brilliant host

Les Mis, Dorothy, Subo, Chezza, TT were all very good

dont listen to the moaners above it was a great show
  • rkidrkid Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Is it on iplayer?
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How could you tell that the BGT winners were unpolished - you couldn't see them!
  • maw1maw1 Posts: 418
    Forum Member
    Gill P wrote: »
    How could you tell that the BGT winners were unpolished - you couldn't see them!

Yes, whose idea was it to light them so badly, and use swooping camera angles so that you couldn't follow their flights through the air, and zoom out so far into the gods that they were reduced to tiny blobs? What a let-down!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member

The music that they used was building up to a big finish , but instead it was a bit of a damp squib and several of the girls lost their balance
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought John Bishop's routine was awful.

If Prince Philip was in the audience, he would have laughed.

xenophobic is putting it midly.........
  • tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soundstory wrote: »
    I thought John Bishop's routine was awful.

If Prince Philip was in the audience, he would have laughed.

xenophobic is putting it midly.........

he was wooden and seemed almost stage struck:eek:

lee mack was not much better
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I didnt even know this was on, would have watched as well!

Was it advertised? or have i just not got out of my cave enough
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, it was a motley bunch of people. The girl who plays Eponine was great singing On My Own and then all the cast sang Do You Hear the People Sing, followed by four "Jean Valjeans" singing Bring Him Home.

It was ironic that they were performing Les Miserables while there was a student riot taking place only a few streets away!

Just had a look on Youtube and IMO the Eponine wasn't as good as the girl who sang the part when I saw the show earlier this year
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just had a look on Youtube and IMO the Eponine wasn't as good as the girl who sang the part when I saw the show earlier this year

Her performance lacked emotion but I was pleased to see it and all the Les Mis bits
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    No but it is on the BBC iplayer for a week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Her performance lacked emotion but I was pleased to see it and all the Les Mis bits

This has reminded me to buy the 2010 Cast Album of Les Mis
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has reminded me to buy the 2010 Cast Album of Les Mis

I will stick with the original cast recording:)
  • Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was terrific

MM was a brilliant host

Les Mis, Dorothy, Subo, Chezza, TT were all very good

dont listen to the moaners above it was a great show

you mentioned Cheryl who mimed most of it and sang badly on other parts but didn't mention kylie. :eek:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As has been said its on BBC IPlayer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wqfp1/The_Royal_Variety_Performance_2010/
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    yeah, was just about to say its on iplayer.

On another note, how surprisingly good was Cheryl Cole? To use an X Factor cliche, she "killed it". Amazing. Her, Jack Whitehall, Adele and Sarah Milican stole the show IMO.
  • MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Royal Variety Show is never going to show the emotion of when they're in the show... just see how emotional John Owen-Jones is when he's actually in Les Mis, as against singing the other night as himself! He sings superbly as JOJ... but when he's Valjean, he's something else...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

dont listen to the moaners

Why? People are offering an honest critique. If others want to use that to help decide whether or not something's worth watching, that's upto them. :)
  • roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2 "Floods"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    As soon as Michael Mcyntyre came on , the remote was duly utilised to remove this oaf from the screen. Hes about as funny as case of woodworm in a beggars crutch.

Only time i feel sorry for the royals , having to sit there enduring these half baked working mens club turns. Im surprised when people started clapping , somebody didnt shout out 'Pies Have Arrived'

:)