Is there anyone else who sets their Facebook privacy to 'only you'.

Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
Forum Member
✭✭
I joined Facebook last week and hid all my info and it feels good.

No friends list
No wall
No tags
No likes shown
No interests shown
Nothing just a blank page with my name. This is perfect for me. It replaces my informal email.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to ask, what's the point of having a facebook then?
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they can be nosey and look at everyone elses ;)
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BlizzardUK wrote: »
    So they can be nosey and look at everyone elses ;)

But he cant see any of his Friends walls if he isnt Friends with anyone!
  • Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »

The reason 99% give? To contact friends.

They can get hold of my by messaging me vice versa. I did not sign up so everyone could know everything about me and what i like or know who my mates are. Call me old fashioned but if people want to know about me, they should ask. It at least shows their are genuinely interested. Besides it takes away the fun of catching up with old mates when you can already see what they are up to.
  • mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nah i dont give a shit tbh
  • Columbo FanColumbo Fan Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But he cant see any of his Friends walls if he isnt Friends with anyone!

No I am friends but they cant post on my wall or see who my other friends are. But I can. Sorry my post is not clear. But you can change your settings to having your information seen by 'only me'.
  • BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I am friends but they cant post on my wall or see who my other friends are. But I can. Sorry my post is not clear. But you can change your settings to having your information seen by 'only you'.

Oh ok....:confused:
  • AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lily_2008 wrote: »

That's easy. It's so you can troll people from your past, people you don't like. Getting them very wound up and worried because some random anonymous stranger on the internet knows all about them is so much fun.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »
    That's easy. It's so you can troll people from your past, people you don't like. Getting them very wound up and worried because some random anonymous stranger on the internet knows all about them is so much fun.

As opposed to filling out billing details and other records which go straight back in the post, or online, again to "some random stranger" who will be reading much more personal information than whats typed on Facebook. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Does FB still do that thing when you sign up of automatically using all your email address book and emailing everyone to invite them to be your friend? If so is there any way of stopping it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    diary_room wrote: »
    Does FB still do that thing when you sign up of automatically using all your email address book and emailing everyone to invite them to be your friend? If so is there any way of stopping it?

That was totally optional when I signed up. Similar to installing a program and not unticking those boxes which would install toolbars.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Azagoth wrote: »

Trolling or stalking... it's a fine line
  • BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got my email address, phone number, stuff like that on "only me" but that's about it.