Options

Chris Brown - Yeah 3X (Video)

MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
Forum Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbzw7F2Aec&annotation_id=annotation_703816&feature=iv

Great dancing. Really like the song too.

What do you guys think of it?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rickyjune wrote: »

Cheers.

I think it could be a hit here. Top 10, maybe 5?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    MikePJB wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbzw7F2Aec&annotation_id=annotation_703816&feature=iv

Great dancing. Really like the song too.

What do you guys think of it?

God thats a brilliant song...!

Its got an AMAZING synth beat to it...its sure to be a hit! :)

Oh...wait...it already was...for Calvin Harris with I'm Not Alone! :rolleyes:

I see the words "...an undisclosed figure was paid by Mr Brown to Calvin Harris after it was ruled by expert musicologists in court that Mr Brown had sampled Mr Harris' work without permission..." being spoken by showbiz reporters veeeeeery soon! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I heard that when he heard the beat he quickly wrote lyrics to it. So I'm guessing he doesn't even know who Calvin Harris is and hasn't heard 'I'm Not Alone'. If anyones to blame I think it should be the producer. Tbh when I first heard it I didn't think of Calvin, I still don't when I play it. Both songs are quite different to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well I heard that when he heard the beat he quickly wrote lyrics to it. So I'm guessing he doesn't even know who Calvin Harris is and hasn't heard 'I'm Not Alone'. If anyones to blame I think it should be the producer. Tbh when I first heard it I didn't think of Calvin, I still don't when I play it. Both songs are quite different to me.

Even a deaf person could tell you the beat is EXACTLY the same!

Its mind-numbingly obvious and Brown is a complete liar if he said he didnt know who Calvin Harris was - and the producer! I hope they both get sued!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    viewaskew wrote: »
    Even a deaf person could tell you the beat is EXACTLY the same!

Its mind-numbingly obvious and Brown is a complete liar if he said he didnt know who Calvin Harris was - and the producer! I hope they both get sued!

How the hell can you say Chris KNOW Calvin
    they hardly moved in the same circuit
    they are on the other side of the Atlantic
    the song was hardly a worldwide hit

so where's ur proof that HE MUST OF KNOWN:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    rickyjune wrote: »
    How the hell can you say Chris KNOW Calvin
    they hardly moved in the same circuit
    they are on the other side of the Atlantic
    the song was hardly a worldwide hit

so where's ur proof that HE MUST OF KNOWN:rolleyes:

Well seeing as how both Jive and Columbia (Brown and Calvin Harris) are both owned by Sony and I'm Not Alone made it to no. 10 in the Billboard Dance 100 in the States then its not entirely outwith the realms of reason that either Brown or someone in his production/management team had heard the track!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well seeing as how both Jive and Columbia (Brown and Calvin Harris) are both owned by Sony and I'm Not Alone made it to no. 10 in the Billboard Dance 100 in the States then its not entirely outwith the realms of reason that either Brown or someone in his production/management team had heard the track!

Perhaps, still doesn't mean Chris Brown had heard the track or even knows who Calvin Harris is. The main chart that people take notice of in the US is the Billboard 100/200. All I'm saying is for me, personally, the songs don't remind me of each other. I'm not going to deny that the synths sound really similar, but when I hear either the song the other doesn't pop into my head.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Perhaps, still doesn't mean Chris Brown had heard the track or even knows who Calvin Harris is. The main chart that people take notice of in the US is the Billboard 100/200. All I'm saying is for me, personally, the songs don't remind me of each other. I'm not going to deny that the synths sound really similar, but when I hear either the song the other doesn't pop into my head.

The synth beat is UNDENIABLE - its the same! Browns production of it is different (pitch...tone) but fundamentally it IS the same.

Musicologists would tear him apart if this went to court! :D
  • Options
    timperry26timperry26 Posts: 1,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The synth beat is UNDENIABLE - its the same! Browns production of it is different (pitch...tone) but fundamentally it IS the same.

Musicologists would tear him apart if this went to court! :D

Only if that boy at the start of the video said "Oi its Calvin Harris"

LOL :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So.... it's at 45 on the UK iTunes chart. Didn't realise it was available to download since October. Anyone seen it played on the music channels. Or maybe heard it on the radio?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now it's at 14. Must be getting quite a bit of airplay then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this song has hit potential. I doubt he is ever going to make a massive impact on the charts like he did pre-Rihanna.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think this song has hit potential. I doubt he is ever going to make a massive impact on the charts like he did pre-Rihanna.

Did he ever really though? He has only had 3 top 10s so I would say he was always a bit of a niche market even before Rihanna. I think this is actually really good news for him though, he needed a good, new pop single and this is obviously working for him.

Up to 12 now btw, it will do even better if it gets in the top 10. I am surprised though as I have never heard it on the radio or seen the video on music channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah over in the UK he never was huge, he did well, but wasn't huge. I do think that had he released 'Graffiti' without the Rihanna incident happening, it could have been his best selling album, or at least had quite a few hits from it.

Once this starts hitting Radios and Music channels I think it'll definitely be a hit for him, seeing as it's doing well with what seems like no promo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was referring more to his sales in the USA, although I do think he was on the way to fully establishing himself here in the UK before the incident. I think the UK markets will be more forgiving than the US, so the song does still have a chance at being a hit here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He was actually starting to get a lot of attention at that time. He had some good songs out. I like With You. But then after he punched and strangled a woman, I can't listen to his music. It all seems fake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cm1992 wrote: »
    He was actually starting to get a lot of attention at that time. He had some good songs out. I like With You. But then after he punched and strangled a woman, I can't listen to his music. It all seems fake.

I remember every music award show in the states wanted him to perform. I think he should forget about the states for now and concentrate on the European market. He has been blacklisted in the industry with a lot of urban music radio stations and TV channels refusing to play his music. Those who do, seem to rarely do so. The only time I recall seeing "Transfer You" on MTV Base was during the chart show.