Piers Morgan's Life Stories - Julie Goodyear

Comments

• Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never been sure what to think of Julie to be honest, but I have to say I really respect her attitude towards being stood up at her reception. That must have been heartbreaking, but she pays her respects towards the late man that left her and says that bitterness is a wasted emotion. So true and very wise

Very wise, indeed - if, it was true !!

She embarrassed herself by putting down her husband. She is old now & he is indispensable to her.

I guess, because she pays the bills - she thinks that gives her the right to put him down, in public.
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her husband was her stalker originally I think. Did she mention that? She was vile on cbb
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i remember that now hop yeah very odd relationship
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I don't believe that she didn't have lesbian sex with her ex girlfriends for one minute.

The way she treated her husband made my bile rise. My heart really went out to him. With each sentence she spoke, I kept on hoping that she was going to say 'only joking ', then compliment him but it never came. What a cow!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found the whole interview uncomfortable. Piers really had a tough job getting any decent conversation out of her.
    She is a strange woman that's for sure.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spoilt Kid wrote: »
    I found the whole interview uncomfortable. Piers really had a tough job getting any decent conversation out of her.

Yes, but to be fair, he was excessively relentless with the sapphic angle (wanting to know the 'gory details' of her rumoured lesbian romps).
  • TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is this stupid old tart worthy of an hour's television? She was a one trick pony from years ago.
  • sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spoilt Kid wrote: »

She was so dismissive of her female lovers, it was insulting to them.
  • WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    She was so dismissive of her female lovers, it was insulting to them.

So I take it the times she spent with her lady soulmates weren't all cups of tea and chats then?
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So I take it the times she spent with her lady soulmates weren't all cups of tea and chats then?

Yes, and her "soulmates" just happened to be all lesbians ! Hmmmmmmmmm !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie Goodyear always reminds me of a female version of Jimmy Savile when being interviewed;

Always acting

Always trying to make a mug out of the interviewer

Always attempts/attempted to get audience/viewers on their side by looking into camera and going into oh listen to this, what sort of a daft question was that, you silly man/woman, now ask me something people want to know about! mode when asked something they don't want to talk about.

And far too big-headed.

Very uncomfortable viewing last night, her poor husband!
  • soulloversoullover Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jequila wrote: »
    Julie Goodyear always reminds me of a female version of Jimmy Savile when being interviewed;

Always acting

Always attempts/attempted to get audience/viewers on their side by looking into camera and going into oh listen to this, what sort of a daft question was that, you silly man/woman, now ask me something people want to know about! mode when asked something they don't want to talk about.

And far too big-headed.
    Well summed up!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why, thank you! :cool:
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    It could be a lot worse for her husband. She could adore him, and be demanding sex. Imagine that that bloodshot old trout coming at you.
  • JoJoJayJoJoJay Posts: 859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very wise, indeed - if, it was true !!

She embarrassed herself by putting down her husband. She is old now & he is indispensable to her.

I guess, because she pays the bills - she thinks that gives her the right to put him down, in public.

She was much more respectful about the one who walked out on her at their wedding reception!
    I felt really sorry for the current one - he looked like a nervous wreck : (
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TrebleKing wrote: »
    Why is this stupid old tart worthy of an hour's television? She was a one trick pony from years ago.

Piers is a highly respected journalist. ;):D
  • MissySmithMissySmith Posts: 492
    Forum Member

Always acting

And far too big-headed.

Spot on! I knew she reminded me of someone. It was like watching Savile with Louis Theroux. There's something inhuman about her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    I thought she came across well for the first 75% of the interview. I'm glad they made the point that she didn't get any big jobs after Corrie - it was true, and they would have been foolish to say otherwise. I think the emotion was true, and I disagree that she was acting when talking about the death of her friend. Her reason for leaving Corrie was also a nice touch - about all the older actors leaving and going straight into a nursing home. It just shows the dedication of the older generation of actors, working so late in life.

However, they completely omitted her stint in CBB. She said in her interview how hate was a wasted emotion - then think back to her treatment of Coleen Nolan! Would have been good to see her asked about how she felt being booed on her exit, and not actually making the final. No doubt she would have had some sort of excuse lined up!
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else watching?

Watching these two ??

Jees , just throw in Paul Ross or Claudia Winkleman and I'll just top myself , here and now :)
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Piers is a highly respected journalist. ;):D

Maybe 1 out of 3 , just maybe mind.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought she came across well for the first 75% of the interview. I'm glad they made the point that she didn't get any big jobs after Corrie - it was true, and they would have been foolish to say otherwise. I think the emotion was true, and I disagree that she was acting when talking about the death of her friend. Her reason for leaving Corrie was also a nice touch - about all the older actors leaving and going straight into a nursing home. It just shows the dedication of the older generation of actors, working so late in life.

However, they completely omitted her stint in CBB. She said in her interview how hate was a wasted emotion - then think back to her treatment of Coleen Nolan! Would have been good to see her asked about how she felt being booed on her exit, and not actually making the final. No doubt she would have had some sort of excuse lined up!

She must have told them not to ask about it. I think they have a list of subjects they refuse to discuss sometimes. Hopefully that means that she actually realised how badly she came across in cbb?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hopwoodl wrote: »
    I think they have a list of subjects they refuse to discuss sometimes.

And now she'll have another subject to add to that list for further interwiews, the treatment of her poor husband on this show!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And now she'll have another subject to add to that list for further interwiews, the treatment of her poor husband on this show!

The sad thing is she probably wouldn't think she treated him badly. She spoke about him in the same way in cbb. He was interviewed a few time for that and isn't the brightest spark but was really sweet and clearly loves her, poor, deluded man
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did herself no favours. She reminds me of an end of the pier Joan Crawford minus the talent or glamour. Basically she played one role for 25 years, she couldn't repeat it when she made a disastrous comeback, and all her other efforts have bombed. It must have been in her contract not to even mention CBB which was the real her. The real her is a fake exterior and a bitter, nasty person inside.

She absolutely humiliated her poor husband: that was cringeworthy. Piers actually did a great job because he pushed and pushed on that one and she continued to be utterly horrible about him. Piers also encouraged her in all her self praise so that it was obvious she was fake.

Completely gripping, like watching Richard Nixon thinking he was atoning in his interviews.
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Always acting

And far too big-headed.

You are bang on about her and Jimmy Savile. Both of them are creepy.