• KierenjKierenj Posts: 2,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerrard with a sensible vote...

Hodgson doesn't rate Messi
  • skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    GetHoppy wrote: »
    Biased voting is prevalent throughout the process. There were some managers and players who managed to conjure up three players to put ahead of Messi & Ronaldo, whilst both players felt the need to exclude each other form their own lists. Of course team mates of the genuine contenders are going to vote tactically, that is standard and something which they all benefit from.

i didnt think you could vote for a player from your own team? Or is that just for this countries pfa awards etc?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didnt think you could vote for a player from your own team? Or is that just for this countries pfa awards etc?

I was talking national team captains, like Lloris voting Ribery and omitting Messi & Ronaldo for Neuer and Bale.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
  • Joey_JJoey_J Posts: 5,146
    Forum Member

I've heard a few mention his suit lol

But i can't see what's wrong with it

pretty awesome imo

better than last years!
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's so vile the girl beside him went for Ronaldo instead :p seems Ronaldo won twice that night :p
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who came up with such a silly name for the award?
  • super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Messi's girlfriend sitting on Ronaldo's lap ?

Fake image !
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 13,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Messi's girlfriend sitting on Ronaldo's lap ?

Fake image !

Well spotted
  • bri160356bri160356 Posts: 5,147
    Forum Member
    Who came up with such a silly name for the award?

The person who thought up the ‘silly’ name is actually the same guy who told Messi to wear that red suit.

I personally like the phrase. It sounds more exotic than it’s literal English translation , ‘The Golden Ball’.

Entering ‘Ballon d'Or’ on some ‘translation websites’ brings up the phrase ‘The Gilded Testicle’; now that really would be ‘silly’.
  • ihatemarmiteihatemarmite Posts: 5,605
    Forum Member
    Respect to some prominent players for their vote. Thiago, Brazil's captain, didn't pick any Brazilians, not even Neymar. Ibra went Ribery, Messi, Ronaldo (ok, he couldn't vote for himself - why not btw, politicians can? - but still his honest choice I think).
    A lot of top players went for Ribery as first choice, presumably an honest opinion. He did have an outstanding season.
    Interesting that Joachim Low didn't vote at all.