Forum Member
✭✭✭
Kicks off Friday Feb 28th on NBC

I cannot wait :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Cult, Sci-fi and Fantasy? Should this not be in "TV Shows: US" so people can actually find it?

On a more relevant point, I'm wondering how they'll pull off Will Graham's consignment to a mental hospital, with him not assisting the force and all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cult, Sci-fi and Fantasy? Should this not be in "TV Shows: US" so people can actually find it?

On a more relevant point, I'm wondering how they'll pull off Will Graham's consignment to a mental hospital, with him not assisting the force and all.

But it is a cult show..
    I would say its in the right place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    But it is a cult show..

Depends how you define cult. Under some definitions Family Guy could qualify.

Also, I seem to remember the big discussion from earlier this year was in "TV Shows: US", so it would make sense for a bit of continuity...
  • Options
    MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    GoshBagosh wrote: »
    But it is a cult show..

But every US show in the UK could be called a "cult show," as US TV appeals to a cult audience in the UK rather than a mainstream one. I agree with theonlyweeman. Hannibal should really be on the US Shows board, while this broad should be reserved for sci-fi and fantasy.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Can't wait. :D
  • Options
    scott789sscott789s Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this.
    Hannibal really is a class act.
  • Options
    JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to this - the first season was so grim and depressing, but also funny and intriguing. If it keeps up the same quality, Hannibal could easily become a small screen classic.

I'll be watching it at UK pace so I hope we don't have to wait too long after it airs in the US.
  • Options
    threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the only/most current thread for this show?

Surprised there isn't more discussion on what I can only describe as 'Beautifully, sick TV' :)
  • Options
    ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This season has been brilliant so far, not sure on the cliffhanger on the latest episode though.
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was that woman Jack found the missing agent from before season 1?

If so, surely she'll be able to ID Hannibal...
  • Options
    mgnsmgns Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Not many comments on this thread - did people give up after season 1?

I'm enjoying this season more than I did the first. I still don't think I 'love' the show but it's definitely an improvement on the muddled first season.

I think the fact that it has already defined a big ending, to build up to, has been a real plus. Mads Mikkelsen is still brilliant as Hannibal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I was wondering if someone could clear something up for me. If Hannibal was removing organs as the Chesapeake Ripper & the 'Copycat killer' that he eventually framed Will for, why wasn't the connection between the two established sooner? And I seem to be seeing a lot of people compare the killings in the court to that of the Ripper? However, wasn't Will only on trial as the Copycat? So why would Jack have the epiphany that Will's not the Chesapeake Ripper? He was never under suspicion as Chesapeake Ripper surely?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will was on trial as the Copycat, but the recent Ripper victim had fishing flies containing parts of previous Ripper *and* Copycat victims...suggesting the Copycat = the Ripper.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Will was on trial as the Copycat, but the recent Ripper victim had fishing flies containing parts of previous Ripper *and* Copycat victims...suggesting the Copycat = the Ripper.

Thanks. Yes, I understand that. Obviously with the Ripper revealing the connection between the two, exonerated Will as It was clear they were one and the same killer. But I was thinking before that?

Maybe I am wrong, but when Hannibal has acted as the copycat, he still removed the victims organs for his guests to enjoy :D, so I was just curious to know why the connection was not established sooner. Will drew the connection when it was revealed the Muriel killer had sutures underneath the stitches that were used to sew him into his own Muriel. But when Cassie Boyle and other victims of the copycat were committed, organs were removed. Maybe I am overthinking it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally found this thread. Never thought to look in Cult seeing as the S1 thread was in USTV.

Hannibal led Jack to Miriam. He didn't make a mistake?

So......Miriam knew Hannibal was the Ripper. That's why he attacked her in his office. Why let her go then. Has he driven her crazy or maybe even ''lobotomized'' her. He wouldn't let her go if she could ID him as the ripper.

Did Beverly see Miriam in Hannibal's cellar I wonder? Something shocked her when she turned the lights on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gideon talks to Will when they are back to back in their cells. Gideon has his legs tucked up under his body. It looks like he has lost his legs below the knees. Deliberate foreshadowing or a coincidence?

Ep 6 - 10 mins in. Made me smile. Missed it first time round because of the mouse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking about Hannibal killing Beverly yesterday. Will really miss the character, and the actress. That got me wondering. Was she killed off because Hetienne Park wanted to leave the show. Or was the story planned this way all along. Did some digging and found quite a few articles discussing this aspect off the show - this one is typical

http://tvline.com/2014/04/11/hannibal-hettienne-park-beverly-katz-killed-eaten-by-hannibal/

One of the reasons I was interested in the ''why'', so to speak, is because I'd picked up on the fact that the show was losing a strong female character. It doesn't have that many to start with.The racial aspect never occurred to me. But when I read about it, Cloud Atlas came to mind?

On the other hand the way she was killed and posed was very powerful and really kick started the season. So her death works well from the story POV, and we saw more of Beverly than was originally planned. Still going to miss her though.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Was that woman Jack found the missing agent from before season 1?

If so, surely she'll be able to ID Hannibal...

Not quite! :o

Very good episode. Didn't expect Dr. Chilton to go, but I guess this means the show won't be following the novels religiously. Everyone is dancing to Hannibal's tune at the moment. I'll be interested to find out how he conditioned Miriam to recognise Chilton.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Not quite! :o

Very good episode. Didn't expect Dr. Chilton to go, but I guess this means the show won't be following the novels religiously. Everyone is dancing to Hannibal's tune at the moment. I'll be interested to find out how he conditioned Miriam to recognise Chilton.

MGM holds the exclusive rights to all original characters introduced in SOTL - Clarice for example. And they will not allow Fuller to use those characters. So divergence was always on the cards. But I'm surprised Chilton was killed, if he is in fact dead. The bullet exited from his neck, not from the back of his head. After Miriam's resurrection I'm 50-50 on whether Fred is dead:D If he is dead then it means anything can happen in the TV universe of Hannibal. Anyone except Lecter can die - even Will and Jack? once they've served their purpose in the sow. Doesn't matter what happens in the books?

Will looked nice and fresh at the end when he went to see Hannibal. We know Jack has the big fight with him, so it's just a matter of how we get from here to there. Loving this show. Hope Alana survives. And more importantly hope the show survives into season 3 and beyond.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about Hannibal killing Beverly yesterday. Will really miss the character, and the actress.
    On the other hand the way she was killed and posed was very powerful and really kick started the season. So her death works well from the story POV, and we saw more of Beverly than was originally planned. Still going to miss her though.

I would have much preferred she stayed over Alana if they wanted one of the team killed off.
    It made perfect sense though as she got so close to Hannibal, Alana looks a bit daft right now.
    Beverly's body was a very effective display (they all are really).
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting a tad bored and frustrated with Hannibal conveniently getting out of every situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was surprised that Chilton (apparently) died. I was expecting him to be in it until the end, running the hospital still when Hannibal is locked away.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,542
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^ Bryan Fuller isn't confirming Dr Chiltons death, I hope there is some clever twist to it. Chiltons dark sense of humour, penchant for telling it like it is has started to grow on me. Poor Chilty was used under the pretense of friendship by Hannibal to be his fall guy. I'm loving Season 2 atm, absolutely brilliant so far! But it's frustrating to watch Lecter run around evading capture. Hugh Dancy has surprised me with his performance so far, what an incredible actor and on the same level as Mads Mikkelsen. Will is using Hannibal's achilles heel (Hannibal being desperate to win back his friendship) against him and get payback for what Dr Lecter did to Will.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Chilton is dead... Maybe... :)

Loving this season, am glad I'm watching it as it goes instead of saving them - It's too twisty and dark to watch in one go, I'd have nightmares for weeks.

So when jack and will have dinner with Hannibal again, you think they will eat the meat??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Peter, is your social worker in that horse?'
    Don't hear that line every day :D