London Live cutting end of shows

candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
Forum Member
✭✭✭
And the voiceover introducing the next show when the current show is still on.....and then cutting the show!!! What on earth is going on? Diabolical.

Comments

• pete137pete137 Posts: 18,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth are you expecting !
  • Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear it has more viewers than ITV's Good Morning Britain! :p
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Ohh I'd forgotten about these regional stations.
    They've got London's Burning apparently, so I'll retune my Freeview box for that.
    Still think these regional stations are a bit of a daft idea.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    London Burning an episode runs for about 52 mins on dvd they aired it for 43 mins + 17 mins of adverts in an hour slot the second airing only ran for 39 mins its rubbish airings
  • Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    London Burning an episode runs for about 52 mins on dvd they aired it for 43 mins + 17 mins of adverts in an hour slot the second airing only ran for 39 mins its rubbish airings

I'm off work anyway so I'll give it a gander for nostalgia purposes anyway.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    London Live, run by a company that's 25% owned by the Daily Mail.

Remember that the next time it calls for the BBC to be scrapped or privatised.
  • TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member

Is there a full stop in there anywhere.? I can't understand what you're saying!
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,948
    Forum Member
    And the voiceover introducing the next show when the current show is still on.....and then cutting the show!!! What on earth is going on? Diabolical.

The same thing happened a few weeks ago, a system glitch?

The end of a programme was cut by 2-3 minutes and then the last 2 seconds of every promo & advert was cut by 2 seconds.
  • dallardicedallardice Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Bushmills wrote: »
    London Live, run by a company that's 25% owned by the Daily Mail.

Remember that the next time it calls for the BBC to be scrapped or privatised.

Can you provide evidence? I believe that ESTV is wholly held by Lebedev Holdings. DMGT still has a 24.9% holding in Evening Standard Ltd, which is also owned by Lebedev Holdings.

DMGT lost enough on Channel One not to get its fingers burned again.
  • aquasplash3aquasplash3 Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm presuming some of the editing is due to some scenes being unsuitable for it's daytime slot?