MasterChef Canada

13»

Comments

• solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite liked that final format compared to the Australian one where it's all about individual points and several rounds and a two hour show. But they did just award the prize and bugger off, which is kind of funny.

And that trophy looked a bit...rubbish.
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also liked the final format, it was like a little homage to the original UK masterchef!

I was a little disappointed with who won but I think the quality of cooking from the final four was good and could have been any of them.

I did wonder if they had been told they had to make liquid nitrogen ice-cream because it seemed odd that they both did it (although they appeared to only praise Eric for it on the show?)

I enjoyed this version of MC, probably my favourite one overall.
  • ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    I also liked the final format, it was like a little homage to the original UK masterchef!

I was a little disappointed with who won but I think the quality of cooking from the final four was good and could have been any of them.

I did wonder if they had been told they had to make liquid nitrogen ice-cream because it seemed odd that they both did it (although they appeared to only praise Eric for it on the show?)

I enjoyed this version of MC, probably my favourite one overall.

That was pretty much the theme for the whole series I thought - Eric was going to be praised for whatever he did, regardless of how well or badly he might have actually done it! Fair play to the fella though, he certainly pushed himself on more than one occasion. Marida on the other hand; I'm pretty sure that when describing any dish that she cooked throughout the show, started off with "It's a Trinidadian version of..." - bit of a one-trick pony I thought.
  • RFSRFS Posts: 7,627
    Forum Member
    Back from hols and finally caught up with it!!!
    Thank god it wasn't Kaila!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Is it male or is it feamale?????

For tehe past 3 years I have been watching Masterchef UK and Australia, and these shows are BASED AROUND THE CONTESTANTS. It appears to me that Masterchef Canada is orientented around a 165cm high thing wearing blue tinted glasses, whose only qualifications appear to be a big moth and an overdose of arrogance.

BWDIK? I am just making comparisson observations with competive shows...

AG
  • katokato Posts: 168
    Forum Member
    Is it male or is it feamale?????

For tehe past 3 years I have been watching Masterchef UK and Australia, and these shows are BASED AROUND THE CONTESTANTS. It appears to me that Masterchef Canada is orientented around a 165cm high thing wearing blue tinted glasses, whose only qualifications appear to be a big moth and an overdose of arrogance.

BWDIK? I am just making comparisson observations with competive shows...

AG

Masterchef Canada is basically just a copy of the Masterchef US format, which is currently approaching the end of its 5th season and has Gordon Ramsay as one of the Judges.

For some reason the US version has never been shown over here, so I end up watching it through "other" sources.