Options

Facebook Sense Of Humour Failures

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Oh dear. I've managed to offend 2 total strangers in one night on FB, and I've only been on for 10 minutes! :cool:

Responded to a mate commenting on a recent occasion where I accidentally sat on my rape alarm and set it off, where I said "that's the nearest I've come to getting any". Where her friend (unknown to me) launches into a diatribe about how rape does not equal getting any and do I not understand the feminist betrayal of what I'm saying, etc. etc.

Secondly, I made a joke (with someone known to this parish) about him coming from the Australian hills in light of this week's incest news. To be followed by a PM from someone entirely different saying that they found my joke incredibly distasteful and could I remove it please (er, that'll be a "no" then).

It ain't big or clever, but neither is my sense of humour and trust me, that's toned down compared to what I would have posted a few years back. Also saw someone having a strop and a half because their ex-husband's mate jokingly - and very lightheartedly - slagged off her cooking, going on to rant for paragraphs and paragraphs about what a bastard he was and making a complete tit of herself in the meantime.

Anyone else encountering a complete and utter sense of humour failure lately on social media? Get a bloody life people and take the rod out of your arse. Or better still, ignore and take me out of your news feed if it offends ya that much. Sheesh!

Comments

• Options
    DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone, somewhere will always be offended at something!
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't been there for months.

I found that I was getting irritated by reading about the minutiae and the drama of people's lives every day so I stopped using the place.

I don't miss it either.

I keep in contact with my closest friends in all the ways that we did before FB.

That place can take over your life if you let it.
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *snip*

Secondly, I made a joke (with someone known to this parish) about him coming from the Australian hills in light of this week's incest news. To be followed by a PM from someone entirely different saying that they found my joke incredibly distasteful and could I remove it please (er, that'll be a "no" then).

*snip*

AhHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaaaaaaaaaa..............:D:D:D

Oh dear me...bahahahahahaaaaaaaa

*breath*

Dear God in Heaven....lmfao :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say you are a rottah, Ms PG! A rottah and a bulleh!!!!!!!!1 >:(
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going onto the internet and moaning about being offended is a bit like wandering into a strip club and complaining about the amount of nudity.
  • Options
    ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. I've managed to offend 2 total strangers in one night on FB, and I've only been on for 10 minutes! :cool:

Responded to a mate commenting on a recent occasion where I accidentally sat on my rape alarm and set it off, where I said "that's the nearest I've come to getting any". Where her friend (unknown to me) launches into a diatribe about how rape does not equal getting any and do I not understand the feminist betrayal of what I'm saying, etc. etc.

It ain't big or clever, but neither is my sense of humour and trust me, that's toned down compared to what I would have posted a few years back. Also saw someone having a strop and a half because their ex-husband's mate jokingly - and very lightheartedly - slagged off her cooking, going on to rant for paragraphs and paragraphs about what a bastard he was and making a complete tit of herself in the meantime.

Anyone else encountering a complete and utter sense of humour failure lately on social media? Get a bloody life people and take the rod out of your arse. Or better still, ignore and take me out of your news feed if it offends ya that much. Sheesh!

Have you been on the pinot grigio young lady? :p
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Going onto the internet and moaning about being offended is a bit like wandering into a strip club and complaining about the amount of nudity.
    I had a one strike rule in Facebook and always used the Block feature judiciously ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you been on the pinot grigio young lady? :p

Ha, for once in December I'm actually sober. I'm like Frankie Boyle on t'interslice when I'm sober, and calmer when I'm drunked.
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

One one hand it's incredibly distasteful. On the other hand it isn't so bad. And on the third hand...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    One one hand it's incredibly distasteful. On the other hand it isn't so bad. And on the third hand...

:D *high sixes*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ha, for once in December I'm actually sober. I'm like Frankie Boyle on t'interslice when I'm sober, and calmer when I'm drunked.

So you usually spend all December drunk or just the past 11 days? :confused::p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit o'column A, bit o'column B....
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    I posted a link to a video parodying the John Lewis christmas ad, and was told by someone I barely know to take it down as the original was "too heartwarming to make a mockery out of it" :o

I don't think I've managed to be offended by anything I've seen or read in my 35 years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I remember I was on a train once with my daughter who was 3 at the time who kept saying "mum whats that", "mum why is the sky blue" blah blah. I was concerned she might have been getting on the nerves of this one lady who kept looking at us, so I said "im gonna change my name from mum" and she said crossly "you should think yourself lucky, my son was deaf and Ive never had that pleasure"... I thought... man you just cant keep from offending someone..

So youre right, someone will always take offence to something
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit o'column A, bit o'column B....

When I read that even I sounded drunk :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »

On the third hand it was about me so I think the defence of "Fair Comment" comes into play here :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh jesus, now offended woman's hubby is on ranting about how everyone likes my "clarification" but nobody is supporting his wife who was raped and doesn't find this funny.

Erm......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember I was on a train once with my daughter who was 3 at the time who kept saying "mum whats that", "mum why is the sky blue" blah blah. I was concerned she might have been getting on the nerves of this one lady who kept looking at us, so I said "im gonna change my name from mum" and she said crossly "you should think yourself lucky, my son was deaf and Ive never had that pleasure"... I thought... man you just cant keep from offending someone..

So youre right, someone will always take offence to something

FFS my brother is deaf and we tell him to thank his lucky stars he's never heard the Spice Girls sing. By that logic she must get offended when she overhears people tell each other they look beautiful because "what would a blind person think? "

Stuporous funkers.
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find people that tend to get offended ... Are pretty much boring no sense of humour dull as dishwater *****

It's life people no one gets out alive

Ms Grigio I salute your sense of humour
  • Options
    GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MissWinoCollapso, you sound like a good laugh, wish I had more like you on my feed. Touchy people get on my tits! Get over yourselves.

Careful mind they'll probably hang themselves if you carry on :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yup. Husband is completely going off his rocker now, talk about offence really showing your true colours. *backs away slowly*
  • Options
    JB3JB3 Posts: 9,308
    Forum Member

Being offended is a must have as far as t'internet is concerned,I don't know when it became an unwritten law that you have the right to have things removed from print that you find offensive.
    Trouble is far too many knuckle draggers have discovered with the internet that because they can publish their thoughts on all things, to the waiting world, they have the right to police the internet as they see fit.
    We on DS are not knuckle draggers, of course.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby has told my friend (he's her cousin & she's messaged me apologising for "the family arseholes") that he wants to "come over & sort me out".

You do that, dear. :D
  • Options
    AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bear people who have no sense of humour and who fail to understand irony. I use the block feature with glee, it's the internet equivalent of shouting "Get out of my pub!"

I posted a Max Clifford joke when he got arrested, and that upset someone, because poor man hasn't been found guilty yet. This was the joke:

I asked members of the angry mob who had gathered outside Max Clifford's house, burning effigies and screaming "Scum", whether they were overreacting to unproven child abuse allegations."What child abuse allegations?" they asked.

See, I thought that was funny. And doesn't say anything about him being guilty, just highlights the fact he's a twerp.
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hubby has told my friend (he's her cousin & she's messaged me apologising for "the family arseholes") that he wants to "come over & sort me out".

You do that, dear. :D

Post a joke about how rape is never funny, unless you're raping a clown. You'll offend them more, plus any clowns or would-be clowns on your list.