Options

Do you love London or do you hate it?

fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
Forum Member
It seems to be Marmite city so what is it for you and remember to state your reasons.

Do you love or hate London? 164 votes

Love it
71% 118 votes
Hate it
21% 36 votes
Never been
6% 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Love it, it's my home city and where I was lucky enough to have met my husband and had the most brilliant times in my life.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't hate it, but it's too crowded and seems to be full of the terminally rude.
  • Options
    trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    absolutely love it ,,,,,,, the atmosphere , the hussle bussle ,,,,,,,,,

walking down oxford st in the summer with an ice cream , having a free perv looking at all the foreign birds wearing next to nowt
  • Options
    howardlhowardl Posts: 5,120
    Forum Member
    Don't hate it, but I'm glad when I get home after visiting our capital.
    Can just stand a few hours there..then out.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love it, if I could, I would move back.

My parents, siblings and family all live there.

But I would only live in the North West.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    Yes, I love living in London despite that its boring sometimes. I love Canary Wharf (my favourite place in London) also.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've not been for many years now, but I used to love visiting that there London village. Fond memories, fun times :)
  • Options
    and101and101 Posts: 2,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind a short visit but I wouldn't want to live there. Too noisy and busy, I prefer the quiet countryside life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see it as an anything can happen city the projects that get built there would never happen outside London.
  • Options
    StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    My family are from London but i was born here.

I went once for a visit and didn't like it very much at all.
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Love going there. It always feels so much more alive than anywhere else in the UK.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both. Its my home town and do love it, but I struggle with the congestion, noise, heat and busyness. I want to live there, but dont want to live there. I would advise people never to move out if they can help it.
  • Options
    CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it, one of my favourite cities to visit but, having lived and worked there for two years, it's not somewhere I'd ever choose to live again because the cost of living is prohibitive.
    If I had a ridiculous amount of money I'd probably spend more time in London because there's just so much to see and fabulous places to eat and drink :D
  • Options
    rupert_pupkinrupert_pupkin Posts: 3,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Obligatory 'do you people who walked around Piccadilly Circus once and decided you didn't like London because it was crowded and noisy realise that it's a huge city with all sorts of areas' post

Anyway, love it. Wouldn't live anywhere else
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK for a day visit or a weekend break to take in a show or sightseeing.

But to live in - NO.
  • Options
    Mommie DearestMommie Dearest Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    Love it, I live less than a 30 minute commute by train into Waterloo.
  • Options
    malpascmalpasc Posts: 9,642
    Forum Member
    I've lived on London for 12 years now and generally love it.

Sometimes the crowds in the centre of 'town' get on my nerves but once you're out of the centre you can usually find little oases of calm all over the place.
  • Options
    necromancer20necromancer20 Posts: 2,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only been there once and I loved it. Walking around Piccadilly Circus/Regents Street/Oxford Street was the most insane thing ever. Would love to visit again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have visited twice as a pedestrian the first time in January 2013 I stayed in central London and was only really there for a day it was a Sunday and it was nice and sunny but not too hot and was nice and quiet on the tube so I loved it. I then went there in for a few days in July 2013 and I stayed in crystal palace which is awkward for the tube it was also 30 degrees. The tube was busy but was colder than the surface. There was a day when most lines were suspended so it took me many hours to get to London Zoo with the Northern Line suspended at Camden so I went by bus and foot in 30 degree weather. Thank goodness for Nivea cream I had rashes everywhere. A lot of money spent on water and I was forced at one point to drink London water which was actually alright. No one else was drinking water I felt like such a tourist. I also had to endure the hell of rail replacement buses. Despite all of this I still absolutely love the place and I cannot wait to go again there is just something about the place that I love and I have also heard that it is cheaper than Aberdeen. Too this day I never seen rain in London.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Dirty, smelly, overcrowded, expensive...nope don't like it.
  • Options
    UKMikeyUKMikey Posts: 28,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really love it but I don't hate it and can't say I've never been so option 1 is closest to the truth for me.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Lived there for most of my life but I'm not keen. Its too busy and I can't see myself ever moving back.
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My husband is from Fulham so we have family there, I like to visit but to live there absolutely no way, too overcrowded, cost of housing is just ridiculous and too much crime. Read an article in this weeks news that the area I live in is the safest in Scotland with a very low crime rate. I've driven a public bus for 7 years and never even been sworn at, I don't have to drive in a perspex 'cage' like they do down south to protect drivers from attack or being spat at. I used to drive a coach on long distance trips between two major Scottish cities and never had any problems then either.
  • Options
    starter24starter24 Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    I, with very little doubt love it, especially the Oxford Street part and the Underground system. :cool:
  • Options
    wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite things in London are the wonderful parks and the historic buildings.