The John and Edward Appreciation Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    I like the video also - okay it's clear not too much money's been spent but yes I agree - it captures the eurosong day from the twins' point of view (and Liam's!). It put a smile on my face anyway :)

I love the video it bright and lively and it captures the mood with the fans perfectly.

RTE cannot be seen to spend a fortune on this competition, a lot of people at home in Ireland are suffering terrible financial difficulties the moment, the national broadcaster has to be very very careful about how it spends the budget for Eurovision - and the boys will get the backlash if it is perceived they are spending too much!
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Baby Katy wrote: »
    "WE ARE COMING TO SWEDEN ON TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY WE DONT KNOW WHEN OUR FLIGHT LANDS FROM LA"
    They said that on Youtube (they're currently doing a youtube reply session)
    I didn't know that they were going to LA? :eek:

They're off to LA? That's to shoot the proper music video for Waterline then.....I heard something about this yesterday.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the video! It's a lot better than I expected.
    MarcPaulB wrote: »
    I like the video also - okay it's clear not too much money's been spent but yes I agree - it captures the eurosong day from the twins' point of view (and Liam's!). It put a smile on my face anyway :)
    If they're spending their money in the promo and the ESC performance, I'll be happy.
    Baby Katy wrote: »
    "WE ARE COMING TO SWEDEN ON TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY WE DONT KNOW WHEN OUR FLIGHT LANDS FROM LA"
    They said that on Youtube (they're currently doing a youtube reply session)
    I didn't know that they were going to LA? :eek:
    I didn't know it either. I wonder what are they going to do there, the American Pie premiere is in April If I'm not wrong.
    Eurostar wrote: »
    They're off to LA? That's to shoot the proper music video for Waterline then.....I heard something about this yesterday.
    OMG really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    still no word about Denmark though they said last saturday that they will be in Denmark from wednesday and this though denmark is in semifinal 1 and they need also their votes :(

If they're unsure about when they arrive in Sweden, they're probaby more unclear about when they go to Denmark, Schehera, but I don't see any reason why they won't go there after Sweden.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OMG really?

Yep! I heard something on the grapevine yesterday that the music video for Waterline would be filmed in LA, but it was unclear at that stage when they were heading over :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep! I heard something on the grapevine yesterday that the music video for Waterline would be filmed in LA, but it was unclear at that stage when they were heading over :)

I hope not if Universal have a budget it could be better spent than sending them to LA to make videos - sorry but this it crazy the boys simply dont sell enough singles to justify this it could easily be made in Dublin or London - however I believe this LA video stuff is all down to them and they are financing it themselves tbh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a shame they are gonna to LA because Ellen is shooting her show in Dublin this weekend, when I saw this I had hope it was the reason behind the delay

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/celebrity-alert-ellen-degeneres-to-film-her-show-in-dublin-this-weekend-3052061.html

The LA American Pie premier isn't until Monday, so maybe they will be around in Dublin for part of the weekend?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they are going to record the video in LA, it's not the only thing they'll be doing there.

Tara Reid: So excited @planetjedward. Coming to my LA premiere @AmericanPie #reunion in 4 days!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well if they are going to record the video in LA, it's not the only thing they'll be doing there.

Tara Reid: So excited @planetjedward. Coming to my LA premiere @AmericanPie #reunion in 4 days!

The American Pie premiere is on Monday? That confuses things slightly then. I certainly heard yesterday that there were filming the video for Waterline in LA, but I can't be sure if it's this weekend.....I guess we'll know from what they're saying on Twitter and when exactly they fly out and return.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow, if all the various rumours are true they are going to have a hectic few days:-

Recording for the Ellen Show in Dublin on Saturday, visiting their Mum for Mother's day on Sunday, then Flying to LA to record their video. Monday they are at the American Pie Premiere with Tara, Tuesday it's the delayed St Patricks day celebrations at the White House, and finally arriving in Sweden on Wednesday. :D
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »
    Wow, if all the various rumours are true they are going to have a hectic few days:-

Recording for the Ellen Show in Dublin on Saturday, visiting their Mum for Mother's day on Sunday, then Flying to LA to record their video. Monday they are at the American Pie Premiere with Tara, Tuesday it's the delayed St Patricks day celebrations at the White House, and finally arriving in Sweden on Wednesday. :D

Haha...well we can officially knocked one thing off the list...Jedgen tweeted that the official Waterline Video is being recorded next month ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Haha...well we can officially knocked one thing off the list...Jedgen tweeted that the official Waterline Video is being recorded next month ;)

I guessed that might be the case when I heard they were meeting Tara Reid in LA :)
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope John&Edward will find a way to be shown on this show http://t.co/RXkiHO9J they managed it to be on Good Morning America (+they met Obama) so they should also be able to find a way to be on this show , it was always their dream :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    The Ellen show seems perfect for them. I just know she'd love them if they ever set up an interview! The problem is always how to get things started!

It was so annoying seeing One direction get their own segment and interview on good morning america! The twins are so unique and fresh- if only there was someone who was behind them! Market then not necessarily as a serious music act, but a fun pop act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no1clothes wrote: »

lol... this post is one of the funniest I have read in a long time... perfect!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Ellen show seems perfect for them. I just know she'd love them if they ever set up an interview! The problem is always how to get things started!

It was so annoying seeing One direction get their own segment and interview on good morning america! The twins are so unique and fresh- if only there was someone who was behind them! Market then not necessarily as a serious music act, but a fun pop act.

I have no idea what their management is thinking (or not thinking)... J&E really would go over well in the States, no lie. But that scenario simply does not seem to be in the cards.

It's such a pity, because J&E always make references to the US, so they obviously see this as the ultimate goal... but their management keeps pushing them into the UK market.

It just hurts, somehow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ok.... France just went off-the-rails with their official vid... I really like this song and its original, studio snapshot vid... I find this vid preposterous. lmfao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZDh0n9Frs

The product-placement is ludicrous... I can't believe they messed up a great song/ great singer with this crap.

Or are these genuine products? Maybe they are making a parody of product-placement vids... so confused.
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think we'll see the Jeds on Ellen this week, because going on Ellen isn't just about a 10 minute TV show appearance.

It gives an act massive exposure. One Direction appeared on Ellen (and other American shows) as part of their American promo tour. With every TV appearance they made, they backed it up with physical appearances, interviews and other promo opportunities.

The Jeds, however, are tied up with Europe-based promo for at least the next two months. If they were on Ellen this week, they wouldn't be able to take advantage of that buzz in America. It would be a wasted opportunity. I figure if they are going to take on the USA, it will happen well after Eurovision. :)
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    ok.... France just went off-the-rails with their official vid... I really like this song and its original, studio snapshot vid... I find this vid preposterous. lmfao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAZDh0n9Frs

The product-placement is ludicrous... I can't believe they messed up a great song/ great singer with this crap.

Or are these genuine products? Maybe they are making a parody of product-placement vids... so confused.

OMG, it's crazy! :eek: I think that's genuine product placement. It doesn't seem clever enough to be a parody.

The video seems slightly influenced by Madonna's Express Yourself video, and there's a bit of Gaga in there too, as well as a touch of James Bond. It's such a sweet, uplifting love song, so it's very intriguing that they've gone for such a dramatic, sci-fi treatment for the video.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still laughing at the French vid... omg... they have so totally over-packaged both the singer and the song...

What a miscalculation... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG, it's crazy! :eek: I think that's genuine product placement. It doesn't seem clever enough to be a parody.

The video seems slightly influenced by Madonna's Express Yourself video, and there's a bit of Gaga in there too, as well as a touch of James Bond. It's such a sweet, uplifting love song, so it's very intriguing that they've gone for such a dramatic, sci-fi treatment for the video.

I agree... I really, really liked the song... now these inane images are burned into my brain... I need eyeball bleach... lol...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's an interesting video. Looks like it could have been set in North Korea or somewhere! Nice entry too.....sounds like an MTV Europe type song from around 1987.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an interesting video. Looks like it could have been set in North Korea or somewhere! Nice entry too.....sounds like an MTV Europe type song from around 1987.

you've prob seen this... but it is so much more fresh than the official vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRpf7Ynyt0&feature=related

if the producers are doing a n. korean thingy... that just sucks. Anggun is Indonesian. I mean, what the hell? Playing to stereotypes much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anggun
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    you've prob seen this... but it is so much more fresh than the official vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JRpf7Ynyt0&feature=related

if the producers are doing a n. korean thingy... that just sucks. Anggun is Indonesian. I mean, what the hell? Playing to stereotypes much?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anggun

I don't think it's meant to be North Korea specifically pithywitch, but they do appear to be using communist imagery ie. the Soviet style military uniforms, everyone moving slowly in unison and the grim factory type setting.

It's a very late 80s style music video....MTV Europe had a lot of videos like this around 1986-88
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's meant to be North Korea specifically pithywitch, but they do appear to be using communist imagery ie. the Soviet style military uniforms, everyone moving slowly in unison and the grim factory type setting.

It's a very late 80s style music video....MTV Europe had a lot of videos like this around 1986-88

yes, I understand your earlier point... it just seems so intellectually lazy on France's part. I cannot believe they put this out as the official vid... it will drive voters away.
This discussion has been closed.