Options

PICK TV to show Dog the Bounty Hunter

Comments

• Options
    MuzerMuzer Posts: 3,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lbear wrote: »
    Surely Pick is not available by satellite? The whole purpose of the channel is for Sky to show the old seasons of popular programmes to get people to subscribe to pay services where they upsell their broadband and telephone packages.

Yes - it performs the same task for Freesat from Sky viewers - presumably an easier sell than to Freeview viewers as all they need is a quick phone call and they're paying Sky for the channels, no need to bring out an installer, etc., which a Freeview viewer might see as too much hassle. So if anything, it's more important (from Sky's perspective) for the channel to be at least FTV on satellite.
  • Options
    duffman25duffman25 Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    amazed to see them coming they are some of sky biggest shows they must have a new person in charge of pick tv now.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    It seems like Sky are actually going to use Pick TV to its full potential.Hopefully they start showing other shows that they own the rights to!
  • Options
    tomeetomee Posts: 2,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »
    It seems like Sky are actually going to use Pick TV to its full potential.Hopefully they start showing other shows that they own the rights to!

Its looking very good i think there be more shows to come.:D
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    tomee wrote: »
    from 28th may 2012 on PICKTV

6:00pm Star Trek: Voyager
    7:00pm Futurama
    7:30pm Futurama
    8:00pm Modern Family
    8:30pm The Middle

must better let hope they keep added good shows.

A League of Their Own starts in June.
    Motthus wrote: »

Wow, this is a policy change! Their existing policy of showing a dumbed down channel full of tat to discourage Freeview use and encourage subscription to Sky has clearly failed so they might as well put on some better stuff, get more viewers and plug Sky's subscription services more during the ad breaks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hunks(Reality Show)
    Thursday, June 7th, 2012 on
    Pick TV from 11:00pm to 12:00am
    The access-all-areas reality show kicks off as 10 hot hunks move into their swish new apartments, before showing their feminine sides at a ladies night in Newquay.

Not really my type of think but it new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hunks(Reality Show)
    Thursday, June 7th, 2012 on
    Pick TV from 11:00pm to 12:00am
    The access-all-areas reality show kicks off as 10 hot hunks move into their swish new apartments, before showing their feminine sides at a ladies night in Newquay.

Not really my type of think but it new.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16 and Pregnant(Reality Show)
    Sunday, May 13th, 2012 on
    Pick TV from 11:00am to 12:00pm

i no its on VIVA as well but this is new to PICKTV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    16 and Pregnant(Reality Show)
    Sunday, May 13th, 2012 on
    Pick TV from 11:00am to 12:00pm

i no its on VIVA as well but this is new to PICKTV
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ...and here's my comment:
    Wow, this is a policy change! Their existing policy of showing a dumbed down channel full of tat to discourage Freeview use and encourage subscription to Sky has clearly failed so they might as well put on some better stuff, get more viewers and plug Sky's subscription services more during the ad breaks.
  • Options
    moogheadmooghead Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just when I thought Pick TV couldn't get any better.....
  • Options
    GilashGilash Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    Love Dog The Bounty Hunter. Cannot wait to watch it on Freeview.:)
  • Options
    peter_sharp1ukpeter_sharp1uk Posts: 1,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an actual schedule or part of a free pass weekend
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this an actual schedule or part of a free pass weekend

That what i thought at first but no this is not a free weekend pass it the actual schedule.

There will be a free weekend pass this year date to be confirm it would not surprise me if it the same time as the olympics 2012.;)
  • Options
    andy12345andy12345 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Two other new shows to PICK TV - Dating in the Dark and The Glee Project.

I noticed that Challenge are to start showing Safebreakers in June. This was only recently on Sky 1 last year.

It would be good if they could start showing old programmes from sky from years ago. Like Dream team, Mile high and other drama's. They still have these and is no reason as to why they couldn't show them.

Does anyone know how to contact PICK TV? I know Challenge have a Facebook page but PICK don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy12345 wrote: »
    Two other new shows to PICK TV - Dating in the Dark and The Glee Project.

I noticed that Challenge are to start showing Safebreakers in June. This was only recently on Sky 1 last year.

It would be good if they could start showing old programmes from sky from years ago. Like Dream team, Mile high and other drama's. They still have these and is no reason as to why they couldn't show them.

Does anyone know how to contact PICK TV? I know Challenge have a Facebook page but PICK don't.

Cant find any contact information for PICKTV.I guess the best bet would be Sky Customer services.What did you want to no?

Challenge are also showing Sell Me the Answer.
  • Options
    andy12345andy12345 Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Cant find any contact information for PICKTV.I guess the best bet would be Sky Customer services.What did you want to no?

Challenge are also showing Sell Me the Answer.

I just wanted to ask them about older show's, like the ones I mentioned to see if they had any intention of showing them again.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muzer wrote: »
    Ooh, thanks for pointing out the Voyager for me, I'd all but given up hope on that ever coming so I hadn't been checking!

Now to decide whether to purchase a FSFS card + reader or to put up with the low-bitrate Freeview version.
    I don't notice much difference in quality between the two when switching between Freeview and my FSFS box. Don't know about bitrates, but both dtt and sat are at a low res 544x576.
  • Options
    DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't think PickTV looks too much better. The main reason to get FSFS IMO is Channel 5 HD (which may become FTA at some point anyway), unless you're a Liverpool fan (LFC TV) or are into the more niche motor sports (Motors TV).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good grief Pick TV is finally turning around and becoming a real TV channel yipee!

(no offence meant to anyone who like what they've been showing so far)

I like Lie to Me and with these other shows turning up this at least gives me something else to watch other than CSI and Law & Order repeats.

Maybe Sky have finally seen the sense of having a freeview channel they can use to make Sky look good. After all if they say look you can watch all these shows free but there's more if you buy into Sky then everyone wins. So long as it's the shows from the start rather than a short term one month then nothing set up.

I was surprised with Futurama as it looks like they may repeat the whole show. And if they do the same with the rest very happy.

Not sure about Dog though but I loved watching the Middle ages ago and it was very funny so well done for once Sky you don't make me want to jump up and down and scream.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just encase any members miss it Dog the Bounty Hunter starts tonight at 9pm on PICKTV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just encase any members miss it Dog the Bounty Hunter starts tonight at 9pm on PICKTV.
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be making sure I'm tuned to another channel at 9pm.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll be making sure I'm tuned to another channel at 9pm.

your welcome.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

:eek: I got a bit of a shock when you posted that, tomee! I happen to like Lie to Me but I'm pleased to report that it's on the 10pm-11pm slot now. :)