Options

Subway: What's your favourite?

STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
Forum Member
I count myself really lucky that there is a Subway just around the corner from where I work. Not good for the calories, but great as a little treat at the end of the week :)

What are everyone's favourite Subway? Mine is a Steak and double Cheese on a foot long Honey roasted sub with Southwest sauce, girkins and plenty of red onions. This is to die for :)

I'm going to treat myself on Friday and get one I think :)

Comments

• Options
    airwavesairwaves Posts: 2,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the sub of the day as I pretty much like them all. The only one to be aware of (because of the mess it makes) is the meatball one. :p
  • Options
    Wobbly SteveWobbly Steve Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A fully loaded BMT with any of the sauces... - mmmmmmm !!
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Foot long

Italian herb bread

Meatballs, chesse, lettice, onion, pickle, chillies, southwestern sauce
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like Subway - unless I have a hangover, in which case it's the breakfast roll with ketchup!
  • Options
    _radioamerica_radioamerica Posts: 4,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    6" cheesesteak with pepper cheese with gerkins, jalapenos and olives and whatever sauce i fancy that day.
  • Options
    Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I LOVE SUBWAY! Seriously its such a good thing to bring up to your mates house on the way home from work/at the weekend or whatever and it just tastes briliant so filling as well.

My fave is a pretty ordinary one really, just Chicken, Cheese, toasted with southwest sauce.
  • Options
    hannah-xhannah-x Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever have the 6" chicken breast with cucumber and lettuce, which I could make myself for half the price. But it just doesn't taste the same.. :p:o
  • Options
    Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    hannah-x wrote: »
    I only ever have the 6" chicken breast with cucumber and lettuce, which I could make myself for half the price. But it just doesn't taste the same.. :p:o

Thats an incrediably paltry filling isnt it lol next time why not treat yourself and get a footlong, theyre so filling!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yum! This has made me well hungry, I love subway :)

Best one is -

Turkey and Ham on wheat bread, cheese, toasted, lettuce, sweetcorn, peppers and caeser sauce
    :D
  • Options
    euphieeuphie Posts: 2,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicken with lettuce & tomato, with barbecue sauce, and the cheese & herbs bread - find the footlongs are too much for me though
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you ever find the foot long a little bit too much? I always find my eyes are bigger than my belly with subway:o

I love the chicken, salad and mayonaise on mine.
  • Options
    Lucem FerreLucem Ferre Posts: 8,224
    Forum Member
    Subway Club - all the salad bar onions and sweetcorn and Chipotle Southwest sauce.

I do like the BMT but the amount of calories/fat is shocking.
  • Options
    STEVE 03STEVE 03 Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    Another great thing about Subway is that they are so filling. Whenever I get one for my lunch in work, I usually skip my tea completely because I'm still full :)

Subways also make the perfect hangover cure :)
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually like gourmet baguettes from my local sandwich shop, but when I go to subway I find simple is nicest:

Tuna melt with cucumber, black olives and ranch dressing. Fantastic.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    The meatball marina on Italian bread with cheese, jalapeños, sweetcorn, and red onion. Got to have it toasted as well!
  • Options
    Blackadder VBlackadder V Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BMT with everything and south west sauce, oh yea
  • Options
    Binky WinkyBinky Winky Posts: 4,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    dodgygeezadodgygeeza Posts: 6,350
    Forum Member
    Er, ONE Subway sandwich was found to be that salty, doesn't mean they all are!

ANyway, back on topic - I'd go for chicken and bacon ranch on honey oat bread with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and BBQ sauce. Usually without cheese but always toasted. I've not been for a long time though.
  • Options
    King_MrhKing_Mrh Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Subway sarnies saltier than 9 packets of crisps

Probably why I like it so much! :D

Either a Club or Spicy Italian - with cheese, lettice, cucumber, onions, gerkins, jalapeños and honey & mustard sauce.

I used to have a meatball with cheese, onions, gerkins and jalapeños; but I got so fed up with the horrendous mess I made, I gave up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Ah Subway, to die for!! Mmm :o

I keep mine simple. Ham and cheese

and I also like the chicken.

Nothing to extreme!
  • Options
    babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Subway! American crap IMO. Everything I have had has been like tasteless cack.

I was prepared to like it, a friend was raving about it so we went there. What a disappointment. I tried it several times since when I was hungry, but still not impressed.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    BMT with everything and south west sauce, oh yea

Try it with the hot chilli sauce...... Oh baby! :D
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    babspanky wrote: »
    Subway! American crap IMO. Everything I have had has been like tasteless cack.

I was prepared to like it, a friend was raving about it so we went there. What a disappointment. I tried it several times since when I was hungry, but still not impressed.

I wanted to like it, I really did but just cannot get over the horrible taste that their bread seems to have. No idea what it is (or if it is just me) but it always leaves me wishing I hadn't bothered.
  • Options
    BZRBZR Posts: 2,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yum for me it has to be 6 inch wheat bread with tuna lettuce onions cucumber green peppers and some light mayonaisse
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most subway foods are great, I would say it's healthy too. I rarely ever get to eat at one... partly due to affording it lol