Why Did Emily go through Over Jazz and Beth ??

Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I thought she was terrible :confused:

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    She can sing but her whole act is terribly dated and cruise-ship-performer. I can only imagine Ricky was impressed by all the showy vocal fireworks.
  • ladygardenerladygardener Posts: 2,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beth chose the wrong song in my opinion, and Jazz was just like hundreds of other singers.
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very shrieky wasn't she? I wasn't crazy about anyone on Ricky's team but Emily especially. Odd choice.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have faith that Emily can do much better. The Knockout performance wasn't great, but I really enjoyed her audition.

He's done well Ricky to get the team he has, I seem to recall him losing a lot of acts to other judges in the blinds.
  • JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    I thought Jazz was style over substance for me tonight - didn't really deliver.

I'd have gone Max and Beth over Emily and the other guy (cant even remember his name lol) - but that was mainly due to anyone choosing Over The ****ing Rainbow should be shot.
  • Maxine_RochMaxine_Roch Posts: 5,193
    Forum Member
    Jazz defintley should have got through .
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Beth chose the wrong song in my opinion, and Jazz was just like hundreds of other singers.

I thought Emily chose the wrong song and that was according to Ricky :confused::o and tbf is as much like hundreds of other singers as Zazz is, worse in fact as Emily is like hundreds of other pub / cruise ship singers.

As he said he went with his heart I wonder why he didn't go for Beth :confused: Very odd decision and appears more tactical than heart driven.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jazz defintley should have got through .

Yes Jazz was much better than Emily, I don't know what Ricky was thinking!

Christina and Jazz were his best for me! Christina is possibly my winner.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why he never picked what was he thinking !
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking it was because he wants Christina in the final and doesn't want anyone to stand in her way...
  • nataliannatalian Posts: 4,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she sang better than both of them
  • JonGTFCFanJonGTFCFan Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Emily was totally average, like she has been in every round so far. I'd say she's easily the weakest finalist.
  • alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalian wrote: »

Correct.

I have to say, though a fan, I didn't think that was her best performance but when it comes to technical skill, imagination, serving the lyric and phrasing, she is head and shoulders above anyone other than Sophie and Sally , and is in a different class to Jazz, Beth and even Christina. She's won two NODAs, one for playing Evita.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Ricky was only obeying orders.
  • glamfanglamfan Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I was a bit shocked, agreed with first two but thought the third would be Beth :confused:
  • -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to get my head around it. Admittedly Jazz was my standout favourite this series, but I'm trying to understand why he chose Emily over any of the other options. I found Jessica annoying and Max dull, but at least they would offer something slightly different in the live shows than somebody who's frankly just going to be a worse version of Christina. As someone else has said, if he was going with his heart why not go for Beth, who he clearly had a soft spot for?

Either he was 'heavily influenced' by the producers to go for Emily, he wanted some obvious fodder to protect Christina and Chris, or he's lost the plot.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beth chose the wrong song and Ricky obviously remembered the cringe-fest that occurred the last time someone called Jazz got put through to the finals.
  • LayzeegoatLayzeegoat Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalian wrote: »

Agree with this. I think he picked the correct three.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Both Emily and Jazz were great an had a feeling it'd be between them. I always though Ricky had a soft spot for Jazz an would've chosen her.
  • threecheesesthreecheeses Posts: 23,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought he might not put Beth through because Will would put Anna through later (a little surprised he didn't but not greatly surprised) and they both have quite soft voices and he would have lost out ? I dunno, she was a bit wobbly maybe.

I think Chris & Christina are all that matter for him anyway in his team the 3rd would only go next week whoever it was.
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a tragic decision taking any of them through over Beth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's tactical as well. It looks like Tom and Kylie both put a lame duck in their 3rd places as well, to ensure the other 2 went through. The problem with that is what if the lame duck survives and wins?!

I would have put my strongest 3 through and personally I thought Emily was the weakest of Ricky's team. Jazz/Beth/Max or even Jessica would have been a better choice.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I found Ricky's choices strange generally. His team initially looked one of the strongest and then he went for that skin-crawling version of Over The Rainbow and the very shouty, mediocre Emily. Christina was excellent, albeit rather safe. But I thought Jazz was a much more interesting performer than Emily or Chris, and even Jessica - who does come over as a bit, er, intense - but in a more intelligent and far more entertaining performance on the night than Daddy's Little Belter from Blackpool.
  • alfaalfa Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seem to be a lot of tin ears about. Ricky likes Emily's determination and if she makes the right decisions, she can get to the final and even have a chance of winning, though you have to listen to her youtube uploads to appreciate her amazing technical skill. Christina's emotion is fake, like her.
  • via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Ricky made the correction decision with his 3.
    Like he said, it was close between Emily and Jazz, but I think Emily just has the edge and, as has been previously stated, she has the technical skills, performance skills and determination to make it.
    As she said, she won't let him down.