Options

Does Your House Stink Of Dog ?

Comments

• Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Even though I don't have a dog.

I was fearful this would happen, you could always hire a dog when you know people are coming round, or maybe have a spray round with Fabreze ?
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    charmarr wrote: »
    Why would anybody with a single brain cell have one of these smelly,dirty,horrible things esecially in a small house or flat.
    The owner gets immune to the smell.I guarantee you can ALWAYS tell when you walk into someones house that they have a dog.
    It is so unhygenic especially if there are small children or babies in the house.

Why would anybody with a single brain cell have one of these smelly,dirty,horrible things esecially in a small house or flat.
    The owner gets immune to the smell.I guarantee you can ALWAYS tell when you walk into someones house that they have a baby or small child.
    It is so unhygenic especially if there are dogs in the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably.
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    The owner gets immune to the smell.I guarantee you can ALWAYS tell when you walk into someones house that they have a baby or small child.
    It is so unhygenic especially if there are dogs in the house.

Haha thats just made me laugh.:D
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd be surprised if the house did stink of dog, since we don't have any pets.
  • Options
    charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We're all doing it to annoy you, hey look, it worked :)

What annoys me is people who let dogs go out and sniff other dog shit and other dogs arses,then let them lick their kids faces.
    And dont get me started on the chavs who have dogs sitting by the table when you are eating,feeding them.
  • Options
    shhhhhshhhhh Posts: 3,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What annoys me is people who let dogs go out and sniff other dog shit and other dogs arses,then let them lick their kids faces.
    And dont get me started on the chavs who have dogs sitting by the table when you are eating,feeding them.

Youve been watching too much telly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I do that :D I have no idea who you are but I like that you are annoyed by my doing something that doesn't affect you in anyway lol

She sleeps in my bed too :)
  • Options
    CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member

Like I said above I don't have dogs I have cats, but I'd imagine that the smelling of shit and of other dog's arses would be done with the nose. The licking of faces would be done with the tongue.
  • Options
    Bad Wolf 525Bad Wolf 525 Posts: 5,552
    Forum Member
    No I don't believe my house stinks of dog. That is one of the good things about having a husky, they aren't very smelly dogs

I do have to vacuum everyday, but he is worth it :)

I do keep his bedding clean and the house clean in general

If my house smells of dog, then I'm not aware of it and if company is, they never say so
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but when my neighbour's ginger tom got in here it cost me £20 in air fresheners and biological cleaning products to get rid of the stench. And that was after he'd been in here a matter of seconds. I can't imagine what some male cat owners' houses smell like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    No, but when my neighbour's ginger tom got in here it cost me £20 in air fresheners and biological cleaning products to get rid of the stench. And that was after he'd been in here a matter of seconds. I can't imagine what some male cat owners' houses smell like.

Nothing, as long as you get them neutered.

Unfortunately I have a cat flap and a plentiful supply of food. The times I have walked downstairs to the smell of cat spray:(

I wish pet owners would be responsible and neuter their animals.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at the moment, it stinks of paint!

TBH, I couldn't care less if it did, it's not good for a dog to be bathed too often and air fresheners, bleach etc. can cause allergies.

If you don't like my house, stay out of it, simple, it's unlikely you're wanted in it anyway :p

You should go my mate's house, she breeds rats and the males stink :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Not at all. I'm a clean freak which is probably why . Bath my dog every Tuesday and her bedding is washed frequently .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    Not at the moment, it stinks of paint!

TBH, I couldn't care less if it did, it's not good for a dog to be bathed too often and air fresheners, bleach etc. can cause allergies.

If you don't like my house, stay out of it, simple, it's unlikely you're wanted in it anyway :p

You should go my mate's house, she breeds rats and the males stink :D

Well said!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing, as long as you get them neutered.

Unfortunately I have a cat flap and a plentiful supply of food. The times I have walked downstairs to the smell of cat spray:(

I wish pet owners would be responsible and neuter their animals.

I once saw a feral cat on my kitchen floor, eating my cat's food - and the second it saw me, it jumped onto the sink and out of a (very high, barely open) window. Keep that window shut now! Although that particular tom was too hungry to bother spraying.:D
  • Options
    pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My sister's partner is from Bosnia and he's lived in Scotland for 20 years but still can't understand the concept of pets and animals being allowed in the house let alone being allowed to sit on furniture or sleep in children's beds.

Different culture I suppose.
  • Options
    deev1ne0nedeev1ne0ne Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »

That's the cat's way of tell you: you're my bitch, now.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    We have a dog but dont think our house smells doggy, with the exception of his bed etc. We did think maybe we were immune to the smell but my partner had to nip round a neighbours and said he almost gagged as soon as she opened the front door, the stench of dog came out!

So maybe dog owners can be immune to their own dogs smell but still smell others?
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    LoopyDog wrote: »
    I would rather have my house stink of dog than cigarettes.

We, me my partner and our dog, visit my parents most sundays. If we stop at his parents for a few hours when we get home our poor doggy stinks of cigarette smoke! It makes me feel sick if i smell it on him. The worse part is they only smoke in the conservatory so he picks up that smell on the way in and the way out!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dog owners: you might not think you or your house stink of dog but they do. It's like smokers. You get used to the environment and you don't realise it.

You stink of dog!!
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mollie has a talcum powder scented shampoo and even when she has been out in the rain just smells of baby talc. Bedding washed every other week. I think our flat smells more of coffee at the moment - curry earlier.
  • Options
    dengie dudedengie dude Posts: 823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote: »
    Dog owners: you might not think you or your house stink of dog but they do. It's like smokers. You get used to the environment and you don't realise it.

You stink of dog!!

Too true...Wouldnt have one in the garage never mind the house
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everyone's house does smell, but you can't tell your own smell, scary really.

You can always smell a dog house... Even if its a clean dog and clean house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deev1ne0ne wrote: »
    That's the cat's way of tell you: you're my bitch, now.

I am not Ginger's bitch. Thanks to my Super Soaker - he is mine.;)