The " I'm So Out Of Touch And Need Things Explained " Thread.

pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
Forum Member
✭✭✭
An episode of The Big Bang Theory mentioned "Spooning " in relation to amorous activities.

I'm at a loss as to what it can mean, is it similar to Teabagging I wonder ?

Comments

• TheEricPollardTheEricPollard Posts: 11,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not as much fun as forking.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D Very good.

If you know what Teabagging is I wouldn't think you need any help in finding out what spooning is.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just asked my young son and he said it is similar to gumping, Whatever that is.
  • Bex_123Bex_123 Posts: 10,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spooning is where you just lay down front to back, like with the guy behind and the girl in front. You fit like spoons!

EDIT: No it is not like teabagging :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,734
    Forum Member
    I've never heard of teabagging, but I think I can work it out. I now have the mental image of a little cartoon man in flat cap and white coat leering 'let's the flaaaavour flood out!' :eek:
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what most of these expressions mean, nor do I want to. They all sound a bit tacky.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spooning isn't 'dirty' at all. As somebody else said, it's when somebody lays with their back to the front of the other person. You can be the big spoon or the little spoon and it's basically cuddling.
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't teabagging putting a scrotum in someone's mouth? Eww...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I just asked my young son and he said it is similar to gumping, Whatever that is.

Jesus Christ I googled. I should've known.

I've heard of it anyway, I remember a friend drunkenly saying gumping to me once and I asked.

But ewww ewww ewwww all over again.
  • swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spooning is almost as bad as a donkey punch.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjsmummy wrote: »
    Isn't teabagging putting a scrotum in someone's mouth? Eww...

Is it?!:eek::eek: Double-euwwww and yuck!

God I'm glad I'm too old to have to pretend I enjoy that sort of thing.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    where i used to work we had a conversation about teabagging-me and mate did not know what it was or had ever heard of it,so we asked someone else that worked there who was more worldly wise! She described it as one man hitting the partner on the forehead with the testicles! We could not see the point of this-we thought it would just get annoying and wouldnt be able to see corrie with things dangling in the way :D

Now above i read it about putting scrotum in a mouth,it makes more sense, but i still dont fancy it :D
  • PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    Is it?!:eek::eek: Double-euwwww and yuck!

God I'm glad I'm too old to have to pretend I enjoy that sort of thing.:)

You're never too old..... More tea Vicar!:cool:
  • pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bex_123 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ I googled. I should've known.

I've heard of it anyway, I remember a friend drunkenly saying gumping to me once and I asked.

But ewww ewww ewwww all over again.

Sorry, but that's exactly what this thread is all about.

Explain gumping for the uninitiated, so when it comes up in conversation at the Bridge Club I'll know what the **** they are on about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spooning is neither a new term nor does it need to be sexual. It's basically the kind of cuddling one would do in a bed; one person lies behind the other, and you just slot together like spoons would in a drawer.
  • OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zombie wrote: »
    where i used to work we had a conversation about teabagging-me and mate did not know what it was or had ever heard of it,so we asked someone else that worked there who was more worldly wise! She described it as one man hitting the partner on the forehead with the testicles! We could not see the point of this-we thought it would just get annoying and wouldnt be able to see corrie with things dangling in the way :D

Now above i read it about putting scrotum in a mouth,it makes more sense, but i still dont fancy it :D

PMSL! :D:D:D:D
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is making me feel a bit queasy.:D:o
  • collitcollit Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teabagging if fine until you get to the part where you put the cream in.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    collit wrote: »
    Teabagging if fine until you get to the part where you put the cream in.

or even worse, when someone squeezes the teabags to get all the flavour out :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry, but that's exactly what this thread is all about.

Explain gumping for the uninitiated, so when it comes up in conversation at the Bridge Club I'll know what the **** they are on about.

There's a few meanings on UrbanDictionary.

I would say you will be quite safe from it coming up at Bridge club, unless your bridge club tends to discuss necrophilia over a game.
  • oxfordruseoxfordruse Posts: 1,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Spooning' is definitely not a new term, and it's not rude either. It's just cuddling while facing in the same direction.

I don't think some posters above have quite got the 'hang' - so to speak - of what 'teabagging' is. It's not a sexual activity, it's a 'prank' carried out usually while one person's asleep (more accurately, passed out from drunkenness). Reference to 'partners' is moot as it's definitely not performed for mutual sexual satisfaction!

ETA: references to spooning go back at least to the 1800s, as per this link:

http://www.word-detective.com/090602.html

Personally, I think the Word Detective got the wrong end of the stick - again, so to speak - with his definition and missed the crux of what it's describing, as others have pointed out.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Teabagging is perfectly fine.

But motting..:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I kept seeing the anachronism "YOLO" everywhere. I thought it was the name of a band. It means "you only live once" but I'm still not sure of it's significance.

"Alabama hot pocket" is one not to be looked up...
  • modeyinkmodeyink Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Teabagging's okay. Tribbing, on the other hand, is where you'll find all the fun.