What Josie did next...?

Comments

• paspas Posts: 42,132
    Forum Member
    Pepsi , water , tequilla, beer who cares!

I give up , to have stooped so low as to be picking on what Josie is drinking quite frankly is rather ludicrous , so none of you have got drunk , had the hangover from hell and sworn never again untill the next night out?

Have fun:rolleyes:

My apologies to those of you who actually would like to discuss what Josie does next, i enjoy a debate but these pathetic digs at every turn are just tedious , i enjoy a bit of light hearted banter but find the few negative posters in here draining so i shall toodle back to whence i came.:cool:
  • patsylimerickpatsylimerick Posts: 22,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HappyTree wrote: »
    None of this is in any way surprising or confusing. Everything Josie has done is 100% logical if you start from the awareness that she came on BB to become a celeb, did everything she could to kick up stinks all around her and now is trying desperately to make this into a Jade/Jordan-like multi-million pound business.

However she is doomed to failure because (a) she hasn't got the glamour appeal of Jordan and (b) she isn't genuinely endearing and everywoman like Jade. She is a tissue of lies and contradictions held together by the wilful head-burying of all who support her.

What Josie will do next is increase the plastic surgery in the forlorn hope that this will get her to the next level. It's sad because she will end up destroying herself in her feverish and obsessional pursuit of fame. If she just started being nice to people she'd find someone who would make her feel good and not need any of this stuff. But alas things are more complicated than that.

There's a reason why so few people quote HT and why HT hardly ever quotes anybody.

HT speaks the absolute truth with eloquence and clarity.

There will be no defense of her faffing about with her face; or of her mind-boggling inconsistency.

There will be never-ending validations of her right to 'be positive' and 'have fun' and 'tell it like it is' because those self-serving validations amount to an obliteration of the absolute affront to womanhood that Josie Gibson is.

This is a woman who admits to repeated acts of physical violence against men she is involved with.

This is a woman who has used an unprotected, unnamed and absolutely - in the eyes of the law or any right thinking individual - innocent man, to fester her victimhood. He - the unnamed one - ruined her life, cheated on her, got a girl next door/down the road/from Asia pregnant. And then forced her to have an abortion. And that was something she absolutely had to vomit onto the pages of a magazine.

This is the woman who gleefully tazered said man. And I say gleefully because, despite every scintilla of absolute instinctual common sense; she keeps repeating the fact that she did this - with glee.

This is the woman who turned on one of her most faithful and genuine fans because she uttered a word of support for John James - and who then went on to ultimately categorically warn that anyone who had ever voiced support for her could not also value John James. She did this knowing exactly of what and of whom her fanbase consisted. She knew that many of them had only fallen under her thrall because she had snagged her the hotty.

This is the woman who, when the dust settled and the showmance inevitably dissolved, insisted upon unilateral allegiance and painlessly led the ostracisation of any deviants.

This is the woman who, twice, with a wing-span of 12 months, knowingly and willfully paid someone to take the most embarrassing and degrading photographs possible of her and place them in as many magazines as possible.

This is the woman who then, happily, led a salivating witch hunt against anyone who dared comment negatively on the photographs which she had orchestrated - twice - with the intent purpose of attracting negative comment.

This is the woman who sat on the bench and slow-clapped with a fish-wife **** hanging out the corner of her mouth as Keeva left that house with a level of dignity that Josie couldn't ever aspire to - even if she wanted to.

This is the woman that we are to consider an ultimate BB housemate?

The first time Happy Tree posted on the court thread I thought I might just stop. Because he says it so much better than I ever could.................... without wasting half the pages.

Josie is the ultimate study in celebrity without substance and how far you can go, how vulgar you can be, how low you can stoop and how manipulative a dance you can lead without ever having anyone, anywhere, pointing out that the Emperor is bollock naked.

Thank fluck for DS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwww. Here we go.

http://josiegibsonfansite.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/josie-gibson-live-on-5-with-fern.html?spref=tw

She's an affront to intelligent women everywhere. Can anyone figure out exactly what it was she did before she entered BB? Sold currency? I think not. I happen to know someone who does that. Have a listen to her description. A Grade horse-shoite.

So is she engaged or not? Have a listen. It's life, Jim; but not as we know it.

In channel 5's favour, Fern's disapproval is only barely veiled. What she must think of a masquerading half-wit wittering on about her h'amazin' suppor'ers.

The mind boggles.
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member
    PICKLES60 wrote: »
    Augusta said she hadnt seen any hate from John fans only defensive hate I have, it's as clear cut as that any hate on either side cannot be defended or justified everyone needs to butt out and stop tweeting bile offensively or defensively. I fail to see how anyone can defend any kind of hate and I didn't blame John for his fans at any juncture or put any of the responsibility on him

I do completely agree with you....

hate is horrible and destructive.....but as I spend most of my time on DS rather than elsewhere....I havent really seen that much hate from John fans to Josies fans.....maybe im just lucky......?

but maybe one of the reasons I dont tend to spend that much time on twitter, is becasue it is unregulated and people can say all kinds of rubbish.....you cant really take twitter that seriously....can you? Billi Bhatti seems to be a troll who needs to be ignored......rather than encouraged...and I would say that was true for some of the comments on twitter as well.

but I have seen it elsewhere on here.... the whole JJat , on the appreciation threads was targetted last summer by Josie and her fans...who wanted it shut down and started a public campaign on twitter to do so.... and the majority of fans werent talking about Josie on there at all....
  • circle gamecircle game Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awwww. Here we go.

http://josiegibsonfansite.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/josie-gibson-live-on-5-with-fern.html?spref=tw

She's an affront to intelligent women everywhere. Can anyone figure out exactly what it was she did before she entered BB? Sold currency? I think not. I happen to know someone who does that. Have a listen to her description. A Grade horse-shoite.

In channel 5's favour, Fern's disapproval is only barely veiled. What she must think of a masquerading half-wit wittering on about her h'amazin' suppor'ers.

The mind boggles.

Well it wasn't the TV appearance of the year or anything, but I didn't see anything wrong with that..I thought she was quite endearing. I thought Fern liked her - she said she was 'engaging' and implied that she liked her so if that's not true, Fern was lying! A well-respected TV presenter!

I once had a meet and greet with a celebrity (an A list one at that) and I asked a question referring to an interview they had once given. The celebrity said to me that in an interview situation he said the first thing that came into his head and it had no direct relation to the 'truth'. And I think this is what Josie does. As I understand it, her previous job was selling financial products, so it may very well have involved selling foreign exchange to a company at some point - that's not a lie...., blimey, there are a few million CVs out there that wouldn't meet the scrupulous standards applied to Josie's utterances!

At the end of the day, this little interview was a bit of light and fluffy daytime TV, and as such it was harmless and I thought Josie was entertaining..... I've seen duller people on my TV screen. I am an intelligent woman and I wasn't affronted...thought she sold the whole idea of Big Brother pretty well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pas wrote: »
    My apologies to those of you who actually would like to discuss what Josie does next, i enjoy a debate but these pathetic digs at every turn are just tedious , i enjoy a bit of light hearted banter but find the few negative posters in here draining so i shall toodle back to whence i came.:cool:
    I can't really get into this because I haven't been following her career especially, but recognise a witch hunt when I see one. Some of the things Josie is singled out of are just SO petty and contrived. DS must be a very rough place for any of Josie's fans, and I take my hat off to the one or two that have stayed the course on the main forum without going mad.
    This is a woman who admits to repeated acts of physical violence against men she is involved with.
    To be fair, so did Jade. I don't think the distinction between 'genuinely endearing' Jade and the (clearly not endearing) Josie works. Jade readily admitted to repeated acts of violence against Jeff.
    This is the woman who, twice, with a wing-span of 12 months, knowingly and willfully paid someone to take the most embarrassing and degrading photographs possible of her and place them in as many magazines as possible.
    She surely didn't pay for photographers herself. Does she not have an agent to arrange this kind of stuff and contact the magazines? Again, very Jade, very Jordan.
    This is the woman who sat on the bench and slow-clapped with a fish-wife **** hanging out the corner of her mouth as Keeva left that house with a level of dignity that Josie couldn't ever aspire to - even if she wanted to.
    Yes, that was rude. But it seems to have become magnified over time. BB housemates often fight and are often rude.
    This is the woman that we are to consider an ultimate BB housemate?
    By whom? She was 'ultimate' because she was the BB12 winner; whoever it was would have been in UBB. I thought the UBB line-up was absolutely dreadful, and Josie would have been far from the worst.
    Josie is the ultimate study in celebrity without substance and how far you can go, how vulgar you can be, how low you can stoop and how manipulative a dance you can lead without ever having anyone, anywhere, pointing out that the Emperor is bollock naked.
    She's one of many, far less objectionable imo than Kirk, let alone Jack Tweed.
  • GrecomaniaGrecomania Posts: 19,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you were leaving this thread Wonkey because of your utterly unproven allegations that anti-josie fans had reported you.

Felt like I was being witch-hunted.

FTR I agree about Jade, she actually half bit someone's ear off before BB. I think they're very comparable, yet thankfully josie won't make the money jade has, because few are interested in the show.

I do feel Josie going back to talk to Bhatti rather proved that she was in to it, for the publicity it was days after, all very well making generalisations about witch-hunts, then only choosing certain fights to talk about. Get involved or not at all.

I will also still maintain Josie get's in no way the level of spite shown towards people from earlier series. In fact the whole cast of BB3 got more, I'd say. Most people on the Court thread are reasonable and will respond to direct arguments.

In fact it seems similar to the level of nit-picking some people do to Aaron. I really don't get how anyone can care too much about people who didn't feature on LF anyway, may all be nonsense the story-lines and characters.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for your post wonkey donkey, it did something to restore some sort of balance. It is pretty tough saying anything remotely supportive of Josie round here, a few posts back such a deed was referred to as willful head-burying!!!:eek:

I am not an uber-fan, I just quite like her, and because she gets such a rough ride in the MF I feel a calling to occasionally argue from her corner....so thanks for the bit of your post that points out that it requires quite a bit of tenacity to do this! Honestly, when some of you regular Josie detractors get going, it is like the Spanish Inquisition!:D

I don't take any of this seriously, but it does interest me why people post negatively about her...for instance the issue of who proposed to who in the Josie/Luke relationship - why does it matter? Maybe they went through the discussion about getting married on more that one occasion, and one time Josie instigated it, and another time it was Luke. Who cares? I wonder why it is a significant?:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thanks for your post wonkey donkey, it did something to restore some sort of balance. It is pretty tough saying anything remotely supportive of Josie round here, a few posts back such a deed was referred to as willful head-burying!!!:eek:

I am not an uber-fan, I just quite like her, and because she gets such a rough ride in the MF I feel a calling to occasionally argue from her corner....so thanks for the bit of your post that points out that it requires quite a bit of tenacity to do this! Honestly, when some of you regular Josie detractors get going, it is like the Spanish Inquisition!:D

I don't take any of this seriously, but it does interest me why people post negatively about her...for instance the issue of who proposed to who in the Josie/Luke relationship - why does it matter? Maybe they went through the discussion about getting married on more that one occasion, and one time Josie instigated it, and another time it was Luke. Who cares? I wonder why it is a significant?:)

Surely that stuff is argued more by reuniters, I couldn't care less.

Oh, and I can assure you I take it a lot less serious than you.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and I can assure you I take it a lot less serious than you.

Massive assumption, and wrong.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Massive assumption, and wrong.:D

Ok, umm, if you say so. I'd deny it, but than we may be going round in circles.......
  • HappyTreeHappyTree Posts: 4,936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember once in 1974 someone disagreed with me and did something differently from the way I would do it. Shocked to the core, I was. And now they have the temerity to post about an ex-BB nomark without consulting my opinion. I shall never get over this!

Circle lady, it's not really "tough" to be supportive of Josie. It's just that in the main forum you will encounter people with different views who are allowed to express them. That's not difficult, it's just reality. Anyway you seem to be doing ok, your posts are interesting.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Happy Tree, I appreciate that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    Thanks Happy Tree, I appreciate that.
    I appreciate your posts too circle time and wish I was as clear and concise as you are.
    Just to add a nice positive element to these jubilee times Josie has now deleted her tagged post to John and Bhatti . I am hoping she now ignores and blocks Bhatti. Good for her though . Enjoy all your Jubilee parties and weather I hope it is as sunny as it is in Cornwall.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pas wrote: »
    Pepsi , water , tequilla, beer who cares!

I give up , to have stooped so low as to be picking on what Josie is drinking quite frankly is rather ludicrous , so none of you have got drunk , had the hangover from hell and sworn never again untill the next night out?

Have fun:rolleyes:

To be fair though, you haven't actually debated or discussed on this thread. You've posted a handful of times and posted a couple of questions you asked people to answer - but not mentioned or discussed the answers. That, to me, is a debate.

I'm not interested in what's in the glass either :D but I would be interested to discuss your answers to the answers of the questions you posed :confused::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember once in 1974 someone disagreed with me and did something differently from the way I would do it. Shocked to the core, I was. And now they have the temerity to post about an ex-BB nomark without consulting my opinion. I shall never get over this!

Circle lady, it's not really "tough" to be supportive of Josie. It's just that in the main forum you will encounter people with different views who are allowed to express them. That's not difficult, it's just reality. Anyway you seem to be doing ok, your posts are interesting.

My friend refused to accept that Paul Weller split up The Jam and actually thought that The Style Council was better.

I still need a sit down at the thought of it. :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought you were leaving this thread Wonkey because of your utterly unproven allegations that anti-josie fans had reported you.

I'm pretty sure I did not say anything about you. I did indeed flounce out, something I rarely do, then sidled back in hoping no one noticed. I'm not sure why several of my posts were pulled earlier though now you mention it. They were polite.
    FTR I agree about Jade, she actually half bit someone's ear off before BB. I think they're very comparable, yet thankfully josie won't make the money jade has, because few are interested in the show.
    I don't think there will be another Jade. She lucked into the explosion in celeb media; if anything, it is in decline now. If Josie and Jade had swapped Big Brothers, it probably would be Josie who got all the big money and the 'Josie's P.A.' series, but as it is, clearly not.
    I will also still maintain Josie get's in no way the level of spite shown towards people from earlier series. In fact the whole cast of BB3 got more, I'd say. Most people on the Court thread are reasonable and will respond to direct arguments.
    I have always pretty well kept out of the court thread, but surely we don't need ANOTHER long thread purely here to pick everything Josie does to pieces? 'What Josie did next' might be a mildly interesting question to fans and non-aligned people, especially as compared with other BB housemates from recent series she has done a fair amount of media stuff.
    In fact it seems similar to the level of nit-picking some people do to Aaron. I really don't get how anyone can care too much about people who didn't feature on LF anyway, may all be nonsense the story-lines and characters.

There may be nit-picking about Aaron, but I see no comparable threads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,826
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PICKLES60 wrote: »
    I appreciate your posts too circle time and wish I was as clear and concise as you are.
    Just to add a nice positive element to these jubilee times Josie has now deleted her tagged post to John and Bhatti . I am hoping she now ignores and blocks Bhatti. Good for her though . Enjoy all your Jubilee parties and weather I hope it is as sunny as it is in Cornwall.

Great to see a thread about Josie with an element of 2-way discussion for a change. Hope Josie supporters will continue to post in here because, although I have a low opinion of her, she's clearly done well out of the BB experience and I'd like to hear the positive stuff about her too (as long as it's not PR whitewash!) ;)

The main problem I see is the almost complete segregation of pro and anti Josie camps on DS, with little cross-dialogue nearly 2 years on to help narrow the gap and temper the certainty of opinion each side has. I guess the combination of two antagonisms (first the pro and anti Josie, then the Josie v John) makes it particularly difficult to have a really honest discussion. So just wanted to say great that you, Circle and few others are engaging rationally in here to inject a bit of balance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure I did not say anything about you. I did indeed flounce out, something I rarely do, then sidled back in hoping no one noticed. I'm not sure why several of my posts were pulled earlier though now you mention it. They were polite.

I don't think there will be another Jade. She lucked into the explosion in celeb media; if anything, it is in decline now. If Josie and Jade had swapped Big Brothers, it probably would be Josie who got all the big money and the 'Josie's P.A.' series, but as it is, clearly not.

I have always pretty well kept out of the court thread, but surely we don't need ANOTHER long thread purely here to pick everything Josie does to pieces? 'What Josie did next' might be a mildly interesting question to fans and non-aligned people, especially as compared with other BB housemates from recent series she has done a fair amount of media stuff.

You said something about anti-josie posters getting everything deleted. When all posts from both sides were deleted, despite being polite. It happens often in the Court Thread, which you don't read.

I never got Jade, but it can't be argued that the sleb explosion was started by the early BB. Frith admits it turned Heat into a profitable magazine, BB3 was particularly massive, and was quickly followed by IACGMOOT. It's a chicken-egg thing really. All these other mags Star, Now, Love It, Reveal were all launched just after I think. So chicken and Egg. Impossible to say whether Josie would have had that effect.

I don't see why we need another long thread eulogizing about Josie, we already have two Appreciation threads, or if you just want an unexpurgated view of her, just follow her on Twitter. I don't see why what's she doing shouldn't be criticized, just like people criticize every other HM, including Aaron. The most recent thing was the Bhatti feud, so it was talked about. Yet I'll repeat there are worse things said about earlier HMs still.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it wasn't the TV appearance of the year or anything, but I didn't see anything wrong with that..I thought she was quite endearing. I thought Fern liked her - she said she was 'engaging' and implied that she liked her so if that's not true, Fern was lying! A well-respected TV presenter!

I once had a meet and greet with a celebrity (an A list one at that) and I asked a question referring to an interview they had once given. The celebrity said to me that in an interview situation he said the first thing that came into his head and it had no direct relation to the 'truth'. And I think this is what Josie does. As I understand it, her previous job was selling financial products, so it may very well have involved selling foreign exchange to a company at some point - that's not a lie...., blimey, there are a few million CVs out there that wouldn't meet the scrupulous standards applied to Josie's utterances!

At the end of the day, this little interview was a bit of light and fluffy daytime TV, and as such it was harmless and I thought Josie was entertaining..... I've seen duller people on my TV screen. I am an intelligent woman and I wasn't affronted...thought she sold the whole idea of Big Brother pretty well.

You see, if there wasn't all the mean-spiritedness, she could possibly be endearing. She certainly was over the first couple of days. But then, I'm pre-disposed to not liking the 'oi'm fick oi am' act. It drives me insane and it perpetuates gender stereotypes. When it's exaggerated, as I believe it is with Josie, it's doubly offensive. But that's just me. It really grates on me. It was the same with Alex last year, and the twins. But they didn't have the vindictive streak or the bad case of projectile vomiting every sordid detail of their life that Josie has. Honestly, if I hadn't got hooked on the court thread, I wouldn't know a fraction of what I know about her. But a lot of what she writes/says is linked on that thread and it is quite astonishing what she's willing to sell.
    I can't really get into this because I haven't been following her career especially, but recognise a witch hunt when I see one. Some of the things Josie is singled out of are just SO petty and contrived. DS must be a very rough place for any of Josie's fans, and I take my hat off to the one or two that have stayed the course on the main forum without going mad.

To be fair, so did Jade. I don't think the distinction between 'genuinely endearing' Jade and the (clearly not endearing) Josie works. Jade readily admitted to repeated acts of violence against Jeff.

She surely didn't pay for photographers herself. Does she not have an agent to arrange this kind of stuff and contact the magazines? Again, very Jade, very Jordan.

Yes, that was rude. But it seems to have become magnified over time. BB housemates often fight and are often rude.

By whom? She was 'ultimate' because she was the BB12 winner; whoever it was would have been in UBB. I thought the UBB line-up was absolutely dreadful, and Josie would have been far from the worst.

She's one of many, far less objectionable imo than Kirk, let alone Jack Tweed.

In the house, she was less objectionable than both Kirk and Jack; but even then there were streaks of breathtaking self-absorption that flagged her post-BB behaviour.

If her fans don't want to see negative discussion about her, they don't have to read it. We're not giving out President's medals for their forbearance.

I always find it amusing how the ones mocking her bikini pic stunts and her tazering and her selling details of her 'forced' abortion are the 'baddies' on here; while those defending and excusing those actions are the poor maligned Josie fans. It's not about either camp - it's about Josie.

I do feel Josie going back to talk to Bhatti rather proved that she was in to it, for the publicity it was days after, all very well making generalisations about witch-hunts, then only choosing certain fights to talk about. Get involved or not at all.

:eek: She never did? I never read that before. Good grief.

I don't think I've ever mentioned Luke before last night beyond to smile wryly at the fact that she can't keep her story straight for five minutes. It's more about her inability to be consistent about anything. Tangled webs and all that.

Agreed - on both counts.

Of course we don't NEED it. Someone posted it and people responded. That's just the way it works. Josie, if she's aware of DS at all, is probably delighted with the attention. She's proven quite ably that it matters not one jot to her whether the attention is positive or negative.
    AlexBB3 wrote: »
    Great to see a thread about Josie with an element of 2-way discussion for a change. Hope Josie supporters will continue to post in here because, although I have a low opinion of her, she's clearly done well out of the BB experience and I'd like to hear the positive stuff about her too (as long as it's not PR whitewash!) ;)

The main problem I see is the almost complete segregation of pro and anti Josie camps on DS, with little cross-dialogue nearly 2 years on to help narrow the gap and temper the certainty of opinion each side has. So just wanted to say great that you, Circle and few others are engaging rationally in here to inject a bit of balance.

I agree with this, but only to a certain extent. Posters like Deefs, Muggins, Augusta, Wee Tinkers, Efty and a few more who were fans of both or either at one stage and with whom those of us always in the 'fake' camp argued quite vociferously for months are now people I find myself agreeing with most of the time. The cross dialogue has been going on for some time. Given it's confrontational origins, it's remarkable that the court thread has kept going for so long. The gap has been narrowing consistently for a long time.

I'll never like Josie but I wish her well and commend her on making the most of her opportunity.

It's truly awful that selling an abortion story and making yourself look like a fool are what's now entailed in capitalising on your opportunities post-BB. But she's the only one who has to make those kind of judgements about her own behaviour at the end of the day.

We're just sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the time roll away.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't feel sad about it. I had posts pulled too, and to the best of my knowledge mine were polite also.

I just thought it was collateral damage rather than personal.
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Awwww. Here we go.

The mind boggles.

I don't think it was that bad... not great but not that bad, it took me back a bit to be honest. I didn't see Fern holding back any disapproval but we all see different things :)

Josie said they are doing up their second house or 'a' second house, sounds like she's fullfilling her desire to build a property portfolio.
    aggs wrote: »
    My friend refused to accept that Paul Weller split up The Jam and actually thought that The Style Council was better.

I still need a sit down at the thought of it. :cool:

:eek: I liked the Style Council they were a group of the 80's, but seriously, better than the Jam... NO WAY! Having spent more of my life in Woking than anywhere else, it was a great experience having another successful musician from our town (Rick Parfitt's also from Woking, went to my school).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The main problem I see is the almost complete segregation of pro and anti Josie camps on DS, with little cross-dialogue nearly 2 years on to help narrow the gap and temper the certainty of opinion each side has. I guess the combination of two antagonisms (first the pro and anti Josie, then the Josie v John) makes it particularly difficult to have a really honest discussion. So just wanted to say great that you, Circle and few others are engaging rationally in here to inject a bit of balance.

While I appreciate why Appreciation threads and can also see why they have been segregated in to the attic region, that is one of the big negatives of them, to me.

Posting in an area which is so resolutely positive and appreciative (to me) leads to one way thinking.

Posting on the main forum, taking part in the more cut and thrust while more challenging is actually more rounded (to me). It stops the bulking up of one side and the withering of another, and stops the appreciation-with-a-limp scenario.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muggins14 wrote: »

:eek: I liked the Style Council they were a group of the 80's, but seriously, better than the Jam... NO WAY! Having spent more of my life in Woking than anywhere else, it was a great experience having another successful musician from our town (Rick Parfitt's also from Woking, went to my school).

I know. She even likes the video to Long Hot Summer. :eek:

I feel the only reason we are still friends is due to my forebearance. :D:D
  • augusta92augusta92 Posts: 8,677
    Forum Member

I agree and it is nice to see a bit of discussion and to get more posters involved and commenting......

You see, if there wasn't all the mean-spiritedness, she could possibly be endearing. She certainly was over the first couple of days. But then, I'm pre-disposed to not liking the 'oi'm fick oi am' act. It drives me insane and it perpetuates gender stereotypes. When it's exaggerated, as I believe it is with Josie, it's doubly offensive. But that's just me. It really grates on me. It was the same with Alex last year, and the twins. But they didn't have the vindictive streak or the bad case of projectile vomiting every sordid detail of their life that Josie has. Honestly, if I hadn't got hooked on the court thread, I wouldn't know a fraction of what I know about her. But a lot of what she writes/says is linked on that thread and it is quite astonishing what she's willing to sell.

In the house, she was less objectionable than both Kirk and Jack; but even then there were streaks of breathtaking self-absorption that flagged her post-BB behaviour.

If her fans don't want to see negative discussion about her, they don't have to read it. We're not giving out President's medals for their forbearance.

I always find it amusing how the ones mocking her bikini pic stunts and her tazering and her selling details of her 'forced' abortion are the 'baddies' on here; while those defending and excusing those actions are the poor maligned Josie fans. It's not about either camp - it's about Josie.

:eek: She never did? I never read that before. Good grief.NO I didnt know that about Jade either...which is amazing considering how much of her life...and death were so public...I didnt realise there were things that were less well known!!!

I don't think I've ever mentioned Luke before last night beyond to smile wryly at the fact that she can't keep her story straight for five minutes. It's more about her inability to be consistent about anything. Tangled webs and all that.

Agreed - on both counts.

Of course we don't NEED it. Someone posted it and people responded. That's just the way it works. Josie, if she's aware of DS at all, is probably delighted with the attention. She's proven quite ably that it matters not one jot to her whether the attention is positive or negative.

I agree with this, but only to a certain extent. Posters like Deefs, Muggins, Augusta, Wee Tinkers, Efty and a few more who were fans of both or either at one stage and with whom those of us always in the 'fake' camp argued quite vociferously for months are now people I find myself agreeing with most of the time. The cross dialogue has been going on for some time. Given it's confrontational origins, it's remarkable that the court thread has kept going for so long. The gap has been narrowing consistently for a long time.

I'll never like Josie but I wish her well and commend her on making the most of her opportunity.

It's truly awful that selling an abortion story and making yourself look like a fool are what's now entailed in capitalising on your opportunities post-BB. But she's the only one who has to make those kind of judgements about her own behaviour at the end of the day.

We're just sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the time roll away.

BIB it is lovely to agree and to reach a bit more of a consensus:D.....the only thing id like to point out...is that none of the group you have mentioned....were total Josie fans...or ardent Josie supporters......

yes we were JJJ supporters/defenders and I know ive always been more of a John supporter than Josie, but I dont think ive often seen that many just Josie fans on the MF.

It might sound pretty silly and petty to make the distinction, but I am reasonably aware of where most peoples allegiances lie....and im aware that virtually none of Josie's muckers ever posted sensibly on the court thread, ....let alone on the MF. So it hasnt ever been a completely even playing field.

so there have been times that it has sounded extremely critical of Josie.....and there hasnt always been that good a balance....:confused:

im not sure exactly why this is......... maybe its just that most of Josie's fans or muckers dont chose to post that much on DS?
This discussion has been closed.