Blind Item: Which drama series is killing off it's star in the finale?

dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
Forum Member
http://tvline.com/2016/03/08/blind-item-drama-series-death-season-finale-spoilers/

TVLine has learned exclusively that a series currently airing on one of the big five broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The CW) is killing off it's star in it's season finale. I'm told the death will occur towards the end of the episode, which will just leave enough time for an emotional season ending cemetery scene in which [redacted] bids an emotional farewell to [redacted].

According to sources, the actor/actress in question has not yet been officially released from his/her contract, which has led some to speculate that the show could be setting up a Buffy-style bait and switch. A well placed insider, however, maintains, "As it stands now, [redacted] is not returning next season."

*Warning: Link does contain Arrow spoiler.

Comments

• A Lorna MoonA Lorna Moon Posts: 806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2016/03/08/blind-item-drama-series-death-season-finale-spoilers/

TVLine has learned exclusively that a series currently airing on one of the big five broadcast networks (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, The CW) is killing off it's star in it's season finale. I'm told the death will occur towards the end of the episode, which will just leave enough time for an emotional season ending cemetery scene in which [redacted] bids an emotional farewell to [redacted].

According to sources, the actor/actress in question has not yet been officially released from his/her contract, which has led some to speculate that the show could be setting up a Buffy-style bait and switch. A well placed insider, however, maintains, "As it stands now, [redacted] is not returning next season."

*Warning: Link does contain Arrow spoiler.

NCIS and I think it will be
    David McCallum or Mark Harmon
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the obvious one would be NCIS, but the teaser element rules that out. Same with Castle as all the stars are out of contract so no need to release anyone.

Though did cause a panic amongst Castle fans on social media. Until someone 😄 Helpfully pointed the contract item.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,268
    Forum Member
    I like the guess of Elizabeth Keane from The Blacklist.
  • a_broxibeara_broxibear Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Glen in the walking dead
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    Glen in the walking dead

The Walking Dead is on AMC.
  • a_broxibeara_broxibear Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    The Walking Dead is on AMC.

yeah your right :-S for some reason I had it in my head it was ABC.
    Did it not come out recently that Michael Weatherly was leaving NCIS - could it be him?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's not Hotchner from criminal minds :(
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's someone from Reign. Could be wrong but just placing my bet.
  • malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,161
    Forum Member
    It can't be NCIS as that is already renewed and the link says the show is not yet renewed / returning.

With NCIS at present that's continuing as long as Harmon is happy to stay.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guessing it could be Jane Doe- Jaimie Alexander- in Blindspot. (Rumoured to hate the tattoo make up and not get on well with the male lead)

If not someone in a long running one.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it was
    Nicole Beharie (Abbie Mills) in Sleepy Hollow
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    I like the guess of Elizabeth Keane from The Blacklist.

The TVLine link said "star" not "dead weight"!:p:kitty:

If she *dies*, I won't miss her. And if she does leave, it's more likely she will be off on maternity leave, so there may that switch bait nonsense going on.
  • NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted