Options

Offers

louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
Forum Member
Hi,
I am with sky i had a 12 month contract with them which is coming to an end at the end of this month. I had a fantasitc price of £41 a month which included unlimited broadband, anytime calls and a medium tv package with box sets and HD included. i also had another box in one of the bedrooms.
Had i stuck to this package i would have to pay £84.99 for the next 12 months.
I asked them to tweak it and try and get me a decent offer....

This is what i was offered....
No extra box, no HD channels, no box sets, my phone would be line rental only and a pay as i go for phone calls. Only thing unchanged would be the unlimited broadband. All for the new price of
£56.00 a month.

I asked them to tweak it not actually down grade me... But i was told that was the cheapest they could do. I called them again today and i have managed to get them to change it to £53.00 with nothing added though....

Does anyone know if there are any offers at all, or another package with someone else i could try just now?
I did try BT, and they were £50 changing to £51 in July with the £1 line rental increase. But i am losing a lot of sky channels, and no box sets and i watch them quite a bit.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any deal ideas for me. I hate this penny pinching, but needs must

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    I've just been back on to sky and i now have a new 12 month contrat including unlimited calls unlimited broadband and mt tv package. The only things i lose from last year are the extra room box, which no one uses now and the box sets.
    £42.99 a month i am happy with that.

So definitely worth going on again and telling them to cancel!
  • Options
    mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'd get an even better deal if you actually went through with a cancellation. Folk have mentioned 6 months free and then 6 months at half price being one example.
    I've just got unlimited fibre from them at half price so am keeping phone and BB with them but cancelling TV. Straight away I was offered 30% off TV for 5 years. I declined and the following day it had risen to 35% off. I still declined :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mred2000 wrote: »
    You'd get an even better deal if you actually went through with a cancellation. Folk have mentioned 6 months free and then 6 months at half price being one example.
    I've just got unlimited fibre from them at half price so am keeping phone and BB with them but cancelling TV. Straight away I was offered 30% off TV for 5 years. I declined and the following day it had risen to 35% off. I still declined :D

I will remember for next year thanks lol.
    I wasn't sure if i would have been left without service had i went through with the cancellation though. I am not up on these things to be honest.

Appreciate you replying