Mid Year Review- all soaps!

GoosebeeGoosebee Posts: 5,271
Forum Member
So we're now nearly at the halfway point of 2015. I thought it would be good for people to gather their thoughts and discuss the state of play for each of the soaps. I only watch Hollyoaks, Eastenders and Casualty but dip in and out of the others. Feel free to add your opinion and discuss....

Eastenders:

For me the show is in a very hit and miss place right now. It's not having a crisis like others have suggested but it certainly needs work. I think the biggest issue is that there were once again very few plans beyond the anniversary and there is nothing hugely exciting happening right now. I'm not massively overwhelmed or looking forward to Kathys return at the moment and the show seems a little bit flat. I personally feel like there have been some strange choices. We are losing characters that have so much story to give like Lola, Peter, Carol, and whether or not it was the actors choices some of those will be missed. Equally there are a lot of good characters who are just not being used to their advantage. Denise Jay and Whitney being the worst three. I feel that the influx of newbies has worked well in some cases (I love Donna and Kush- really enjoying new Martin) but some are just boring me (Buster). The carter overkill seems to have stopped to a point but so much damage has already been done. For example Dean had heaps of potential but he's hindered by the rape, Sonia and Tina was ok but just seems a bit pointless and personally for me too much Shirley. I like some of the newer pairings (Dean and Roxy/ Stacey and Martin) but can't help but think other characters have been ruined (Liam/ Jane/ Charlie). In all I would say we need some serious serious work to bring the show into a better place.

Will post some reviews about Hollyoaks later- but please it would be interesting to see how people are feeling.

Comments

• cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    I only properly watch Emmerdale, but here's my report card:

Emmy's been consistently entertaining. Some of it is now as shallow as a puddle, which is a shame, but there've been a couple of big exceptions:

Alicia/Lachlan was a really good story, 2 excellent performances, really moving. Over now though, and Alicia is leaving which is such a shame for the show. Hope we see more of Lachlan's background at some point. Grade A*

Laurel's alcoholism: barnstormer of a performance, and I love that they allowed her to be a really nasty angry drunk - has saved Laurel's character. Currently seems to be in a lull with her chasing Ashley and her old life, but hope she falls into the void again. Grade A.

Also love watching Robert Sudgen's lies, but for much more shallow reasons. Don't care about Aaron, but have massively enjoyed watching how desperate Robert is to hang on to Chrissie and his money/status, and his closeness with Andy, which sets up a massive reveal over Katie. Even enjoying them throwing Cain into the mix, even though it was via a shameless plot device. Grade B+++++++++++

The bits that Must Do Better:

Jai/Rachel is awful. The actors aren't good enough to carry it. Jai is just panto. Plus it makes 2 otherwise good female characters, Leyla and Megan, look utterly stupid. Rishi has been the only saving grace. Take an F.

Vanessa/Kirin/Adam/Victoria: don't care, and don't believe it. Makes both Vanessa and Victoria "too young to get married" Sugden completely daft. I guess it gave the underused Rakesh something to do, but an E grade from me.

Emma Barton: Gillian Kearney's acting her socks off, and has had a few nice scenes with Finn, but this one was dead in the water the moment they decided Emma would be mooning round after James. A big disappointment. D-

Pete/Debbie/Ross triangle: So much emoting, and so little point. I don't care who sleeps with who, just make it stop. Loses marks for making the wonderfully horrible Ross totally dull. Loses more marks for making Debbie completely tiresome again, when she'd just improved. Another F. Actually, make it a U.

Personally, I think the wins easily outweigh the losses, the writing is usually on point, they have some really funny performances (Bernice for example), and I'm looking forward to some big Robert action over the summer. But I am sad they're losing Alicia and Val - big shoes to fill.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half term report.

Emmerdale. The nasty programme. Did any village ever have such nasty, spiteful women as Emmerdale - Ali, Tracey, Val and Rachel? The only redeeming features of the last half-year were the Alicia/Lachlan story and Laurel's alcholism, both of which were well written and well acted. 3/10

Coronation street. We had the dire Faye and Fayetta story, which was badly written, and badly acted by Faye, We had the old woman supposed to be having a baby by the Bistro owner. We had the return of Sarah-Lou and Bethany, both miscast and dreadful acting, and we had the fake T-shirt farce. The oldies are always watchable and the Jenny Bradley story was well done. The Nazir's have improved 4/10
  • Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale:

The story involving Robert has been excellent as it has involved so many characters, and now Robert should get his comeuppance this week with Cain bundling him into a car boot. He has been very manipulative with Aaron, Chrissie and Katie, while at least pretending he is there for Andy after Katie's death. A*

Jai and Rachel's battle for custody of Archie shows the lengths certain characters go to to gain/retain custody of their child. The added twist of Jai promising Leyla he will leave Megan once he has had Archie only increase the power of the story. A*

There have been plenty of shocks with Charity's verdict, Rachel's return and Charity's baby.

I like to watch evil villainous characters, so people like Jai, Robert, Cain and Emma are my favourite Emmerdale characters.

Overall 9/10

Coronation Street:

The Jenny Bradley kidnap episodes last week has been the saving grace for one of the worst years in the show's history.

Bringing back Sarah was pointless as we all know she is back to 'sex' up the show after the losses of Michelle Keegan and Georgia May Foote.

There is far too many deadwood on the show with the likes of Micheal, Andy, The Nazir family, Maria, Michelle, Sophie, Dev, Julie, Brian, Sarah, Callum, Bethany, Faye not likely to leave us anytime soon.

There are far too many 'comedy' plots - The Nazir's chickens, Amy telling Norris she sees dead people, Faye and her baby.

Oh, and Stuart Blackburn is still in charge.

Overall 2/10

Casualty

The Romania episodes as well as Connie's arrest for the death of her friend show that the characters have lives outside the hospital.

The occasional crossover with Holby City is interesting with Henrik Hanssen and Guy Henry both appearing in the ED.

Overall: 7/10
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrie has mainly been rubbish. Bit living up late . Love Jenny. But still a lot of deadwood. Eastenders Loads of good episodes. Just to much story blocking but 2nd half of 2015 will be good. Emmerdale has produced some great storylines.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Neighbours for me has been the best soap this year. I have totally gone off Corrie. EastEnders when good is bloody good but at the moment it's in a bit of a lull, like Corrie the show still needs to axe some characters that have run their course.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale and Home and Away are my favourites :cool:

Both have excellent luxurious sets

Emmerdale: Blends comedy and drama fittingly well

Emmerdale: Have a fantastic cast, well researched, believable, good acting

Emmerdale: Storylines have had its ups and downs for me - any Barton related stuff involving Pete, Ross, James or Emma doesn't go down so well with me. Love triangle storylines haven't really appealed to me either too much in one go becomes kinda boring. On the plus side, Jai's scheming, Laurel's alcoholism, Ashley's Epilepsy, Joannie return, Andy's depression, Bernice and Kerry for light-heartedness and Alicia's storyline have been fantastic viewing.

Home and Away: Gritty, edgy, high drama means the show is never really a bore in a sense. However, the show lacks family dynamics and has perhaps lost sight of the original concept of 'home and away' fostering/adoption, family stables, friendships, community spirit could still be better represented. Moreover, because of the style of the soap on a weekly basis we always find someone in some sort danger or ill-health which can get a little boring. Could have a better age range of characters between youth and adulthood despite it being a teen soap.

On the plus, like Emmerdale the cast is still good. Mr Stewart's recent difficulties have made good viewing, as has Maddie's cancer storyline, Pheobe and Kat strike up a decent friendship, Matt Paige (one of my favourites) looks like he is set for alcoholism angle which could be interesting. As much as I have enjoyed watching Brax and the Braxton clan with him leaving maybe this could be the turning point for H&A? for all its flaws it's still my second favourite :)
  • EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eastenders
    The live week was fantastic with some great performances and drama. But the climax and the revelation that Bobby was the (accidental) killer was a complete cop out. Since then it's been getting worse and worse. Having Kat and Alfie sail off into the sunset after his arson went unpunished really grated but it's the constant prominence of Dean that is ruining the show. He's a terrible character played by a terrible actor so I don't understand why he's being pushed so much while others with so much potential are being ignored or axed. I also hate the fact that they've got a lovely pairing in Kush and Shabs so of course it has to immediately turn into a love triangle with Saint Stacey who seems to be allowed to sleep with who she wants but still emerge as the queen of people's hearts.

Corrie
    Largely abysmal - the Nazirs and their chickens, Fake Gavin and pathetic wimp Michael who turned out to be fairly immune to the shock of the whole Gavin reveal (which admittedly was a hilarious single episode) but nearly died after 30 seconds on the sofa with Eileen. Callum the camp gangster has also been appalling - hopefully now Kylie is back things will improve. I don't feel Steve's depression storyline was handled well, brushed under the carpet far too quickly. Jenny Bradley was like a breath of fresh air and it's such a shame she has presumably now gone. Killing off Kal is a step in the right direction so I think Corrie is in better shape than 'Enders going into the second half of the year.
  • Ross_WRoss_W Posts: 129
    Forum Member
    EastEnders: January was genuinely the best month in EastEnders since April 2010; Live Week was out of this world; however the show has been in a lull over the past three months. Kathy's return and the reveal of Gavin as Sharon's dad will change that.

Coronation Street: I've only been watching for Jenny Bradley. She's gone so... farewell Corrie.

Emmerdale: the most consistent of the big four. Also, the best set of male characters of any of the soaps. Ross and Debbie are out of this world.

Hollyoaks: haha.

Neighbours: consistent story-telling, wobbly acting. But overall one of my favourites. It feels like a warm hug when I watch Neighbours.
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EMMERDALE:
    Most consistent for me and has been since early 2013. Laurel's alcohol storyline has been the best for me, great to see both Charlotte Bellamy and John Middleton interacting on-screen again and given decent material. Both have suffered in that department since the reveal of the Marlon/Laurel affair and it's nice to see the character of Harriet being devloped.

Close second would be the Alicia/Lachlan storyline. Some great acting from Natalie Anderson and Thomas Atkinson and pleased that it remained quite pacy with Alicia going to the police straight away and the story moving on at a decent speed rather than dragging on and going round and round in circles.

Genuinely think the arrival of Emma Barton has yet to reach it's full potential. Terrific introduction though, though slightly ruined soon after by the character's utter obsession with getting back with James and not doing much else. She is making Chas and Debbie interesting again though.

Charity's downfall was great viewing and I like how they're keeping her in the programme by having her appear on and off. Not sure on the arrival of a new kid for her but it'll be interesting to see her when she returns to the show permanently. Hopefully this will give her some much needed development rather than reverting her to scheming again.

Worst points for me is the revival of the Jai/Leyla affair and the inconsistencies with some of the characters - i.e. Lisa badmouthing Rachel one episode and then defending her the next.

CORRIE:
    Largely inconsistent. They still have a lot of potential with the characters but they're not giving new characters any depth and the longstanding ones are being turned into one-dimensional caricatures of their previously well-rounded personas.

That being said, I don't think there's been many bad storylines so far this year. But I do think they've been poorly utilised. The David/Kylie plot kicked off last year has spent far too much time spinning around with no real development. Halfway through the year and it looks set to tread water again with Kylie's arrival, which I was anticipating to start sharply taking it in a new direction. The fire storyline had potential but was utterly woeful, cliched writing and nothing original or different to what the show has done before. I though the bus crash had more impact and overall more memorable scenes.

The highlight of the year for me has been the return of Brian. Purely, because I don't think he should have ever been got rid of and I'm hoping that if Julie does decide to go off with him, it will mean that they can both come back together at some point in the future.

The Michael/Gail storyline has been entertaining enough but it's also struck awesomely high levels of absurdity and I still struggle to believe Helen Worth is still playing the same character she was ten years ago - she's like a completely different character. The Steve depression storyline has been hit/miss. Jenny Bradley's return was good but ended up being an almost identical copy of the Ashley/Claire/Casey storyline years back and the character will probably now get swept under the rug never to be seen again. The less said about the Faye story the better. I think it's time she and the Windasses left or took a backseat for a significant period of time.

Worst points though must be the utter diabolical writing in most episodes. Forced, cringeworthy dialogue, dumbed down instead of the witty, snappy, natural dialogue the show used to be so good at producing. Thankfully though, there are moments where this still exists and does shine through, it's just a shame it's so rare nowadays.

EASTENDERS:
    Hard to comment on. Watched various episodes through the year but stopped not long after the live episode because I find it difficult to care about any of the characters. The New Year's Day episode was decent enough and the Linda rape reveal was a good set of episodes. Particularly with the quite complex history of the Carter family being explored.

The live week was interesting viewing but I think the full live episode on the Thursday was very poorly written. The Lucy Killer reveal was obviously the most memorable of the week and kudos to the actors in that episode for some top acting and some equally good writing.

The observation that every character has a 'nasty side', the lack of humour (snipey one-liners don't do much for me I'm afraid) and the fact that Phil Mitchell is still walking around breathing prevents me from getting anywhere close to invested in the show longterm though.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmerdale and Home and Away are my favourites :cool:

Both have excellent luxurious sets

Emmerdale: Blends comedy and drama fittingly well

Emmerdale: Have a fantastic cast, well researched, believable, good acting

Emmerdale: Storylines have had its ups and downs for me - any Barton related stuff involving Pete, Ross, James or Emma doesn't go down so well with me. Love triangle storylines haven't really appealed to me either too much in one go becomes kinda boring. On the plus side, Jai's scheming, Laurel's alcoholism, Ashley's Epilepsy, Joannie return, Andy's depression, Bernice and Kerry for light-heartedness and Alicia's storyline have been fantastic viewing.

Home and Away: Gritty, edgy, high drama means the show is never really a bore in a sense. However, the show lacks family dynamics and has perhaps lost sight of the original concept of 'home and away' fostering/adoption, family stables, friendships, community spirit could still be better represented. Moreover, because of the style of the soap on a weekly basis we always find someone in some sort danger or ill-health which can get a little boring. Could have a better age range of characters between youth and adulthood despite it being a teen soap.

On the plus, like Emmerdale the cast is still good. Mr Stewart's recent difficulties have made good viewing, as has Maddie's cancer storyline, Pheobe and Kat strike up a decent friendship, Matt Paige (one of my favourites) looks like he is set for alcoholism angle which could be interesting. As much as I have enjoyed watching Brax and the Braxton clan with him leaving maybe this could be the turning point for H&A? for all its flaws it's still my second favourite :)

Home and Away is terrible in its representation of LGBT people, damn awful in fact.
  • boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,297
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loving this thread!
  • Scorpio87Scorpio87 Posts: 1,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watch all the soaps so sorry in advance if this is a long post:

Eastenders

The first half of the year were nothing short of exceptional. The live week, Lucy's murderer finally being revealed, Ronnie's car crash, surprise returns, unexpected twists, little treats for viewers, almost the entire cast being utilised and underused characters being developed and even given front and center stage. All brilliant. After the live episode and aftermath is where i think they've become a victim of their own success. There has been so much being packed in that its become a bit messy. The dominance of the Carter clan hasn't helped. While all of their storylines (from Linda's rape, to Tina's domestic violence to Sylvie's introduction) have all been thoroughly complex but it sometimes feel like to much time and effort is being put into making these storylines that it comes at a cost to all the other characters. While its slowly re addressed the balance its still not quite there. The big twists started to become a bit of a let down. The first big one being Shabnam's big dark secret. It was teased for so long that another 'long lost child' was a bit of a damp squib for me. So many characters have had the exact same secret and they always end up reunited with said child. Then came Kat's trip down memory lane at the nunnery and the nonsensical 'she had twins' twist. It felt a bit like DTC was trying to egg in a bit on one of the show's best acted/written and known storylines, but it was done so long ago it just feels like a cheap re-write of history. More twists like Roxy and Charlie's tedious little fling felt like rehashes of history and destroyed what, up until that point, had been quite a popular pairing of Ronnie and Charlie. Its damaged all three characters and it wasn't done particularly well and now all three seem to be in a weird love triangle where none of them are particularly coming across that well. Add this to the almost identical love triangle of Shabnam/Kush/Stacey and it starts to feel like laziness on the writers part. Why give us two brilliantly performed/written couples and the ruin them by having them tarnished with out of the blue infidelities just to give spare part characters like Roxy and Stacey something to do? T he cast is very strong at the moment but is starting to swelter a bit with so many new characters arriving and being developed it is good that we are losing some, although loved but not necessarily crucial characters. All the ingredients are still there and i still enjoy the show it just feels its gone off the boil lately and is in a bit of a lull and i'm patiently waiting for a storyline that really makes me want to know the outcome and enjoy the journey.

Coronation Street

For me this show has had a bad year. Its all over the place and i can't put my finger on it. The humour that Corrie has always been known for is very hit and miss and that makes a lot of scenes seem awkward and uncomfortable as the joke has fallen flat both on screen and with the audience. The show's writing has become very inconsistent and sloppy (evidenced with Kevin's 'must be terrible to lose a child' blooper). The huge fire was absolutely appallingly bad and had so many plot holes and absurdities it really did feel like i was watching some inferior soap on a rubbish satellite channel. The aftermath was just as disjointed and peculiar leaving plenty of questions. Where is Tony, he's still not turned up so the huge showdown with him and Liz still hasn't surfaced. Michelle returning without Steve because he didn't get chance to chat with his brother much was ridiculous. The whole thing now just seems like a feeble excuse to kill off two barely developed characters who had been forgotten a week later. There seems to be a lot of tedious filler storylines clogging up the place that aren't anywhere near as entertaining as i assume they are supposed to be; Lloyd accidently being taken out to sea, Tyrone, Luke etc's stupid little heist for the naffest looking t shirts ever, the Nazirs and their chickens; all these storylines are doing is highlighting how many characters there are that haven't got anything interesting going on. The problem at the minute is they aren't being played against anything bigger so they have become more prominant. They do have a huge cast but i can easily reel off 20-30 people who's character hasn't had anything 'big' in ages and just seem to be doing nothing and going nowhere.

Emmerdale

For me personally the show lost a lot of its appeal when Katie was killed off. Not only because she was my favourite character but i was just generally disappointed with her exit. After Donna's amazing exit i was hoping that Katie would recieve the same type of treatment. She got an ok exit, not the worst i've ever seen but very underwhelming. Since then underwhelmed has kind of been my default setting. The writing for the show and acting remains the most consistant of all the soaps and they have a brilliant mix of humour and some characters i genuinely love and enjoy its just that at the minute none are doing much of anything at the minute. It's been nice to have a break from Chas and Charity centric months but the latters not been gone five minutes and shes already back! And the surprise baby twist isn't that original as she had Noah in prison as well. Like Eastenders though the summer months also seem to have brought out all the tedious love triangles in Emmerdale; Ross/Debbie/Pete, Emma/James/Chas; Laurel/Ashley/Harriet; Leyla/Jai/Megan; all of which are either dull or just raking over old territory making them all really unlikeable in the process. New characters like Carly, Lachlan, Lawrence and even Tracey have bags of potential and i really look forward to seeing them developed and involved in better storylines but first we need a break from 'flavour of the month' Robert.

Hollyoaks

When did this show lose complete grip on reality? And why has it become some laughably bad hospital drama? For the show has gone very OTT and now its more a guilty pleasure than actually enjoying any of it. The focus on the hospital set is bizarre, its not even trying to be remotely medicallly accurate and just seems like a total shambles. Sometimes it feels like a bad Casualty spin off. Coupled with that is the show seems to have lost all heart and soul. For example imo Jason and Holly were blossoming into a stable, loving couple who seemed dedicated to each other until Cindy's (terribly written) mental ilness suddenly came back, and she started hounding Jason like a dog on heat and he seemed to enjoy it. It seems like a horrible twist (cringeworthy to boot) not done to portray Bipolar disorder or to develop characters but as a tacky way of creating drama and breaking the hearts of the last two decent characters (Dirk and Holly) in the village. And thats the problem. Everyone is doing something horrendous to someone else and we are still supposed to love said character. Theres no distinction between the good and the bad anymore, characters change personality from one episode to another creating even more plot holes that are never bothered to be filled in but are just ignored and the audience is treated like morons who just won't notice. Add to that the lack of aftermath or reaction to anything. Diane fell out of a window, yet no one in the village noticed or cared or even commented. Phoebe died in one episode, yet Esther (her friend apparently) was having a happy little babyshower a few episodes later happy as Larry. John Paul's used it as an excuse to sleep with his cousins husband. Even if people do collapse, get run over, get set on fire i'm never that bothered about them as i know they'll be taken to Hollyoaks miracle hospital where they'll be fine be the next episode and going home if they've not been killed be a friendly, slightly camp psychopath strutting about killing off whoever's contract hasn't been renewed. Basically the show has become a bit like a parody of itself and needs an awful lot of work to make it unmissable again.

Home and Away

After months of making mountains out of molehills and trying to pass them off as 'big' storylines i feel like the show turned a corner when Maddy was diagnosed with cancer. I've always liked her but it felt like they were finally addressing the issue that she'd barely had a decent storyline since she arrived and that her popularity was at an all time low with her tedious love triangles and uninteresting boyfriend dramas. For me its been the making of the character (Oscar dramas aside) and it was great to see other characters finally developing (Nate, Kyle, Hannah, Phoebe) as for a long time it felt like there was one main star (Brax) and everyone else was just support or filler for him. With his time finally coming to an end i really can't wait for the show to finally move on into a different era away from the River Boys.

Neighbours

For me the two strongest characters in the show at the minute have to be Paige and Lauren. I find them brilliant to watch and really interesting. Matt's death was particularly powerful and although the Turner family has diminished now (imo losing Bailey was a good move) as long as Paige and Lauren remain they make a better family unit as just the two of them. Karl and Susan need to be used more and Nate's really growing into his own now his finally shaken off dullard Chris. Neighbours has lost a lot of deadwood characters (Bailey, Chris, Georgia) and i'm really looking forward to new characters like Amy settling in. The Willis family for me could happily be gotten rid of (Brad and Terese anyway) as they are all becoming so miserable and unlikeable. The shows bobbling along nicely it just needs something big to happen but i'm not 100% sure what at the minute. Maybe the influx of new faces will be enough to spice it up a bit.

Sorry said it would be long! :D
  • cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    Scorpio87 wrote: »

Sorry said it would be long! :D

A really good read though. :D

As an ex-Hollyoaks viewer, I think you've got them bang to rights on what's gone so wrong with it.

Think I'm enjoying ED a bit more than you, because I like Robert, but agree with a lot of what you say about the dreaded love triangles, and the slightly underwhelming Charity's baby "shock".
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie: all in all it's been a pretty poor year for them apart from a few exceptions like Jenny Bradley returning, that started out fantastic as it was interesting how Jenny had changed and developed after all these years away and her relationship with Kevin grow. Even that was totally stuffed up by the writers forgetting Kevin lost a son and dragging out the mad women kidnapping plot that has been done far too many times already on Corrie. It was also disappointing to see that her and Rita's relationship was swept under the carpet after a few weeks.

The other plot that I thought was brilliant was the Gavin and Michael storyline, although towards the end it was starting to drag out a bit especially "the truth might kill Michael". Gavin and Steph rubbed along nicely with each other. The reveal episode was done really nicely IMO, great how it wasn't done it a dramatic way with Michael slowly realising Andy wasn't his son. It will be interesting to see if Gavin and Michael can slowly rebuild their relationship. It also highlights the issues of how practical jokes can become out of hand and the seriousness of identity theft. Great to see Bethany and Sarah back, Bethany has became quite an intriguing character with spark and wit. Great to have the Platts all together again as family.

The rest has been drab though - The custody storyline between David and Callum has been tedious, Liz and her endless failed relationships has not been much more interesting either. Steve's depression has fizzled out too, which was a shame as that started out promising. Tracy's character has gone overkill this year, she needs a good rest and Tracy's Revenge did not make much sense at all as she didn't even purposely set fire to Victoria Court, besides I thought she resolved all that mess with Carla and I don't think even Tracy would risk going back to prison. The fire was done badly, the only saving grace was the aftermath of Jane Danson and Alison King's fabulous acting.

The Faye plot has been that bad I've almost blocked it out of my mind. It has been so underwhelming.

Most of these "comedy" plots have been dire apart from Sally's sofa :D The worst being Luke's fake shirts. I'm falling asleep watching Dev, Talisa and Julie.