Do you remember Hinda Hicks?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
Forum Member
✭✭
She is such a talented and under-rated singer. Her first album, "Hinda" released back in 1998, had some great tracks including "I wanna be your lady" and "you think you own me".

Her second unreleased album with Island records, "Everything to me", had a great lead single - "My remedy." It still sounds current. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scx_odadBTg

But tragically it did not chart well and she was dropped. She has subsequently released some material on independent labels.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I do! I bought a few of her cd singles. You think you own me, I wanna be your lady and if you want me are big tunes!
  • Imperfect AngelImperfect Angel Posts: 3,750
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Truly and I Wanna Be Your Lady
  • jargonjargon Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, 'If You Want Me' is a good pop song and in my Spotify "90s" playlist.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

"I won't be there for you when you get home
    If you want me, you gotta tell me so
    if you need me, you gotta let me know!"

LOVVVVVVVVVVED THIS!

"you think you own me but you never show me
    True love and passion, boy that's all I'm asking for
    Baby, take a little time to make this last for
    Life, life, life, baby"

ALSO LOVED THIS!
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't remember her. Which is a shame. She has a fantastic voice and her songs are great.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was one of those artists who would always be nominated for a MOBO and I'd be like "who is she?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad that such garbage dominates the charts when talented artists like Hinda struggle.
  • Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I remember her, 1998 was it? I bought the If You Want Me and I Wanna Be Your Lady CD singles and still have them :) If You Want Me is IMO a solid pop song with excellent credentials that deserved to do so much better. There was lots of stuff hitting the chart at the lower end in that era that was so much better than the soulless manufactured and rap rubbish nearer the top. Kristin Blond's 'Love Shy' was another low entry which still sounds fantastic and fresh today :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Yes, I remember her, 1998 was it? I bought the If You Want Me and I Wanna Be Your Lady CD singles and still have them :) If You Want Me is IMO a solid pop song with excellent credentials that deserved to do so much better. There was lots of stuff hitting the chart at the lower end in that era that was so much better than the soulless manufactured and rap rubbish nearer the top. Kristin Blond's 'Love Shy' was another low entry which still sounds fantastic and fresh today :)

'Love Shy' is the only garage tune that I hate. I think it's because I heard it too many times when it was released, lol.
    'You Think You Own Me' was a top tune & the video was very Ricki Lake-esque. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    You Think You Own Me.

gosh, that takes me back a bit.
  • OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'You Think You Own Me' just came up on my iTunes. Not heard it for years. What a great 90's R&B cool track.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I liked her songs along with Kele Le Roc at the time
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually had a chat with Beverley Knight on Twitter once about Hinda Hicks. Such a fantastic voice (Bev and Hinda :)).

"Truly" is a brilliant record to play on a summer's day ..