✭✭
Made me smile...... :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-11417204

...... One up to the little guy !!

Comments

• Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The little guy in question appears to be a complete and utter idiot, and I wouldn't be at all dismayed if the bigger boys slapped some charges on him.
  • Devon MilesDevon Miles Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

Looked like a bit of a fail to me. His problem was with Natwest but as there were police in the area he decided to 'do' Barclays instead. Of whom he admits has no problem with and in fact has never had any dealings with..
  • A321A321 Posts: 6,363
    Forum Member
    Monday morning as they were trying to get in would have been a little more effective.

Wrong bank as well.

Fail.
  • MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would have been more impressive if he had actually targeted the bank that was causing him grief instead of some random branch that he "had nothing against".
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He's a pillock. It wasn't even his bank.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bunch of ***** by the looks of it, like others have said they had no issues with Barclays.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a dick.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good on him I say.

In fact the more people who stood up and challenged the Banks the better.

The financial crisis we are in ultimatley comes down to these cretins which we ended up bailing out. You'd think they'd be bending over to help their customers and future customers. Instead they persist on raping the British public.
  • Ricky D GervaisRicky D Gervais Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^Did you...even read the article?
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they would stop offering me credit personally :(
  • Wobbly SteveWobbly Steve Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From the perspective of the "bigger picture" - I wouldn't necessarily say it was a fail !!

I think that the story would resonate with a lot of small businessmen/women, let alone private individuals.

The common sense approach taken by the local police would also indicate to me a certain amount of empathy for their plight !
  • estrella★estrella★ Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He said the group had intended to brick up the NatWest branch but had had to change plans.
    The protesters removed the wall after two hours when told to do so by police.
    A Barclays spokesperson said: "We have not had any dealings with Mr Hope nor refused him a loan at any time.

Looks like an own goal to me... so that's actually 1-0 and loads of free publicity to the massive global banking corporation