Options

I Miss This Time Last Year

GeorgeMarshGeorgeMarsh Posts: 1,776
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know alot of people thought 2011 X Factor was crap but on reflection it was so much better then this year, Amelia, Little Mix and even Misha B were all great, all alot more likeable then last year.
The judges were also alot better, I miss Kelly, Tulisa was alot more likeable too.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are you an old, lonely person?
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you an old, lonely person?

:confused::confused::confused:

The award for the most random rudeness goes too...
  • Options
    shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    One thing I did love about last year is the act who was pretty much favourite to go the first week went on to the win.

This year the final 2 were favoured from the start.
  • Options
    ageappropriateageappropriate Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    I thought the finalists last year were rubbish. Granted, not as bad as this year, but rubbish all the same. I've learnt my lesson this year and stayed away from the final. I'm just getting my updates from DS. ;)
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know alot of people thought 2011 X Factor was crap but on reflection it was so much better then this year, Amelia, Little Mix and even Misha B were all great, all alot more likeable then last year.
    The judges were also alot better, I miss Kelly, Tulisa was alot more likeable too.

i agree with you. I really miss Kelly and the old Tulisa., KRow got nasty and unnecessary press last year, really uncalled for. a lot of people hate '11 but it was actually one of my favourite
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I miss X Factor 2008:cry:
  • Options
    earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really. Gary "Credible-Yet-Mentoring-the-S***-Act-of-the-Year" Barlow was on both years.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The kelly rowland Amelia lily duet was on a different planet to this years efforts
  • Options
    commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought last year was one of the worst, no wonder they had to put Little Mix together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member
    Last year was miles better than this year. I can't even remember who went out on the semi-final night this year.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Misha B/Amelia lily made the series last year...the sunday night final was a borefest as these two was eliminated just before then!!!!
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    The kelly rowland Amelia lily duet was on a different planet to this years efforts

I loved the duet. Amelia is kinda 'shouty' in a good way, and her and Kelly really complimented one another.

I just had to watch it again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fui3Q4ma6Co
  • Options
    SIOPHIE_FIERCESIOPHIE_FIERCE Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RingoJ739K wrote: »
    I miss X Factor 2008:cry:

Best X Factor year IMO. Talent, drama, high profile stars. I would look forward to the next live show as soon it finished.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Best X Factor year IMO. Talent, drama, high profile stars. I would look forward to the next live show as soon it finished.

I concur! Also considering the following year gave birth to the media circus against the judges acts, less focus on the singers, joke acts and the awful introduction to the live auditions. Even though 2010 is probably the most watchable, 2008 was the last year which felt feel good, and wasn't frustrating unlike the last 4 years.
  • Options
    Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This year knocks last year into oblivion. Misha who? Amelia who?

James and Jahmene are gonna sell so many records its untrue.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    I don't miss last year, but I do miss the excitement for seasons 5,6 & 7. The show has just gone down hill since then. Really don't care who wins now - although I thought Jahmene was really cute in his duet last night - so may be edging towards him of the 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,671
    Forum Member

I very much doubt that.
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member

nooneoo wrote: »
    I very much doubt that.

If the viewing figures are anything to go by, then the apathy to the show will translate into apathy for the contestants' sales.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought last year was really good, it just had the hard job of following on from series 7 (a lot of which have been successful) with an entirely new panel. Some of the acts were very good and gave great performances- Little Mix, Amelia, Janet, Kitty, Misha B etc. You could even throw Frankie in there, he was royally stitched up but definitely had something about him in the earlier rounds.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    Amelia's new single is on Vevo and is better than everything she did on the show :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    One thing I did love about last year is the act who was pretty much favourite to go the first week went on to the win.

This year the final 2 were favoured from the start.

This!

I hate when these types of programmes are predictable, I much prefer to see the underdog take it.