Can someone please stop Stephen Fry from presenting any more Awards shows ?!

Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
Forum Member
✭✭✭
God last night's BAFTAS were awful , he was even more irritating than usual , he told the winners not to take too long speaking then his 'presenting' bits between each award went on far longer than any winner's speech .

plus his tiresome use of obscure words mixed in with his 'baby' talk and the endless flat jokes ....

please , haven't we suffered enough ?

Comments

• candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I despair everytime the baftas comes on - he is incredibly annoying presenting it and I can imagine the boredom of the actors/audience watching...It's like they keep him on cos he's quintisentially english or something, but it's just way too much. Get some normal person to do it. Please, or dispense with a presenter altogether, hell ditch the whole ceremony. Award shows for actors are utterly embaressing anyways. The world really does not need them blowing smoke up each other - they ain't important.
  • chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Oh god I can't stand his tiresome smug twaddle. He brings me out in hives.
  • roger_50roger_50 Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    His first couple of Bafta presenting appearances were excellent around 10 years ago. He simply hasn't been anywhere near as witty in recent years (at presenting baftas). Not sure why that happened, but there you go.
  • Apple_CrumbleApple_Crumble Posts: 21,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He seems to stretch out sentences by an extra five words every time. I've seen him on a few documentaries and he isn't too bad (albeit still somewhat sugary), but at award shows, it is really noticeable.
  • Tangledweb7Tangledweb7 Posts: 3,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God last night's BAFTAS were awful , he was even more irritating than usual , he told the winners not to take too long speaking then his 'presenting' bits between each award went on far longer than any winner's speech .

plus his tiresome use of obscure words mixed in with his 'baby' talk and the endless flat jokes ....

please , haven't we suffered enough ?

If you think Stephen Fry is bad you should see the guy who hosts the Irish Film and Television awards that was on Saturday night. cringe worthy.:eek:
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's such a **cking bore :mad:
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was far better than the people they have doing the Oscars and others I have seen hosting similar awards ceremonies in this country .
  • Compton_scatterCompton_scatter Posts: 2,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whereas Schofield has a BSc in smugness, the unbearable Fry has a PhD. Also totally agree with earlier poster Candyfloss who said the actors aren't important.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who keeps Jonathan Ross off the screen is fine by me