Options

Sam Bailey... Shock exit?

2»

Comments

• Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is no way that Sam B will exit before either of those 2. Hannah just ain't good enough and Tamera is not consumer friendly. I would be willing to bet that neither of these 2 will make the final week.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that might have been the plan in week 2 when they put her out first with bad staging and gave her negative comments, but as neither Tamera or Hannah have a chance of winning they'll pimp her for the win just to stop Nicholas.
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    goroos1994 wrote: »
    ...Then, the bulk of her fanbase will shift to Tamera/Hannah, and once one of them get eliminated, the other one will win.

Thoughts?

No-one is going to 'shift' allegiance. If Sam goes - game over.
  • Options
    noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After last year's sausagefest, I have a feeling that the producers will do everything they can to get a girl across the line. As Sam B doesn't appear to be as marketable as Tamera or Hannah, I have a feeling that she will be thrown under the bus very soon and eliminated. Then, the bulk of her fanbase will shift to Tamera/Hannah, and once one of them get eliminated, the other one will win.

Thoughts?

If Sam B does go, I don't believe that Hannah or Tamera will benefit. It is more likely that the shows viewing figures will nosedive and yet more questions will be raised about its future.
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After last year's sausagefest, I have a feeling that the producers will do everything they can to get a girl across the line. As Sam B doesn't appear to be as marketable as Tamera or Hannah, I have a feeling that she will be thrown under the bus very soon and eliminated. Then, the bulk of her fanbase will shift to Tamera/Hannah, and once one of them get eliminated, the other one will win.

Thoughts?

Fan base? You mean people voting for her surely! If Sam goes then why would you assume that everyone would switch to Tamera or Hannah. Personally I can't stand either of those two. Hannah is like listening to a cracked Tuba played through a 10.000 watt PA and Tamara is trying to be Beyoncé.
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see her not making the final tbh she's a great singer that being said I don't think she should win as I don't think she will be managed well if she wins
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I wouldn't vote for Hannah or Tamera if Sam went out. It would probably be Sam C or Nicholas whoever is left. But More likely I'd just stop watching since Sam B is the only one I really switch on for.
  • Options
    Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that Sam is getting a bit ahead of herself by say she is where she belongs. If that was the case then she would have been a star years ago. Could well drop out before the final i reckon.

I think she is just expressing self-confidence on he the stage which will only enhance her performances in future. I don't think she is acting arrogantly. At least, that's not how I perceive her.
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    imo the last three will be sam bailey, tamera, rough copy.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    There hasn't really been a shock exit yet, so maybe one of the favourites, Tamera, Sam B, or Nicholas could be a shock exit? Imagine the judges having a meltdown, if one of these three became a shock exit:eek:
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    There hasn't really been a shock exit yet, so maybe one of the favourites, Tamera, Sam B, or Nicholas could be a shock exit? Imagine the judges having a meltdown, if one of these three became a shock exit:eek:

Tamera wouldn't be a shock exit. Most of the public despise her and she's been in the bottom two early on in the competition so, no. She wouldn't be a shock exit.

Nicholas or Sam Bailey would be. I can see Nicholas getting the boot, to be honest.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JustArun wrote: »
    Tamera wouldn't be a shock exit. Most of the public despise her and she's been in the bottom two early on in the competition so, no. She wouldn't be a shock exit.

Nicholas or Sam Bailey would be. I can see Nicholas getting the boot, to be honest.

I think this series has been quite unpredictable, which makes it more exciting. I did predict a Nicholas/Sam B and Rough Copy final three, but the way this series is going, anyone can get to the top three, apart from Hannah in my opinion. Imagine if Nicholas was the first boy to leave:eek:
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way they're going to sabotage Sam B, they've been pimping hard for her - the themes are have been pretty much designed around her so far.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think this series has been quite unpredictable, which makes it more exciting. I did predict a Nicholas/Sam B and Rough Copy final three, but the way this series is going, anyone can get to the top three, apart from Hannah in my opinion. Imagine if Nicholas was the first boy to leave:eek:

That would be a game-changer. :eek: If that happens then a Sam B, Luke & Rough Copy final is likely to happen.

Though I'd replace Rough Copy with Tamera, personally. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    There's no way they're going to sabotage Sam B, they've been pimping hard for her - the themes are have been pretty much designed around her so far.

Pretty sure Disco week was not designed for Sam B.
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say its more likely that her fanbase will shift to Nicholas, when you think who her likely fanbase is.

X Factor voters only tend to support one female each year and once they're eliminated, they don't bother transferring votes. As far as Hannah and Tamera are concerned, its just a matter of when they're eliminated rather than if.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LW09 wrote: »
    I'd say its more likely that her fanbase will shift to Nicholas, when you think who her likely fanbase is.

X Factor voters only tend to support one female each year and once they're eliminated, they don't bother transferring votes. As far as Hannah and Tamera are concerned, its just a matter of when they're eliminated rather than if.

Do you not think Tamera will make it to the semi finals/finals then? Tamera could still fit a shock exit. Yes, she has been in the bottom two, so she wouldn't be a shock in this sense. However, she is high in the winner betting odds. Sam C and Hannah wouldn't be shocks, considering they are low in the winner betting odds. I still do not know who will be the shock exit out of Sam B, Nicholas, or Tamera, but it will be exciting to find out.:D I wonder if Rough Copy could fit a shock exit? The group seems to be in the middle of the winner odds, so maybe this could be a shock?
  • Options
    LW09LW09 Posts: 3,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not think Tamera will make it to the semi finals/finals then? Tamera could still fit a shock exit. Yes, she has been in the bottom two, so she wouldn't be a shock in this sense. However, she is high in the winner betting odds. Sam C and Hannah wouldn't be shocks, considering they are low in the winner betting odds. I still do not know who will be the shock exit out of Sam B, Nicholas, or Tamera, but it will be exciting to find out.:D I wonder if Rough Copy could fit a shock exit? The group seems to be in the middle of the winner odds, so maybe this could be a shock?

If you're in the bottom 2 quite early on then its very difficult to recover and Tamera has a lot going against her. If there is a shock exit, I expect it will be between Nicholas, Luke (who is being set up as a dark horse) and Rough Copy.
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam Bailey will win this thing no bother. She will blow her competition(such as it is) off the stage on Finals night. No-one else on the show can take a song and inhabit it the way she can.

She really is a marvellous singer.

She really is the most awful bore who will soon be seen on a cruise ship off the Azores.
  • Options
    rsefitpro07rsefitpro07 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    She really is the most awful bore who will soon be seen on a cruise ship off the Azores.

Least she can sing in tune unlike the rest of the contestants! Oh i forgot though this isnt a singing competition anymore?

To win the x factor be a young boy,fit sob story, gelled hair and their you go x factor winner guranteed!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure Disco week was not designed for Sam B.

Well it certainly wasn't designed for anyone else in the competition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    Well it certainly wasn't designed for anyone else in the competition.

Really? Everyone was expected to do better than her at Disco week other than Abi. Sam B is a big ballad singer, they usually struggle with the up tempo songs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Everyone was expected to do better than her at Disco week other than Abi. Sam B is a big ballad singer, they usually struggle with the up tempo songs.

She's a big belter with a penchant for showboating. She's perfect for disco.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I vote for Sam B, if she was to leave I would no longer vote as no other contestant has impressed me that much.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Although Sam B has delivered almost every time (week 2 was her worst IMO), it wouldn't be surprising if there was a shock exit in week 8 or 9 and Sam B exits the competition - highly unlikely it will happen because she is more or less certain to be in the final 3. The shock might actually be Nicholas