Has Jim's popularity...

StrangeStrange Posts: 14,952
Forum Member
✭✭
Peaked too soon?

Comments

• Sam SeedSam Seed Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    not for me. hes the most real person there. dont get caught up with people accusing him of sexism and bullying
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. He has shown that he has dealt with his demons and come out if the other sued, well that's if people will allow him to forget his past. I think he has done really well, and I would like to see him win :)
  • BunionsBunions Posts: 15,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't you do complete thread titles and then give your view in your OP?

Is it in the hope that people will become curious and look to see what the rest of the sentence is?

As for his popularity - I'm not sure he has a fanbase necessarily but I'm pretty sure that he's picking up support from people who are sick of seeing Linda's 'Wronged Woman' act.
  • KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not,I hope he keeps his cool and does not get drawn into arguing with Linda.

Coleen and her son on twitter are calling him "not a man" and a " pussy' for walking away from confrontations but then on the other hand Coleen is saying in the press " another row with Jim could tip Linda over the edge"

I do wonder why Coleen is going into the house. ( if reports are true)

I do hope it is not to stir up any trouble.

She should want it nice and calm in there for her sister .
  • FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope so.
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peaked too soon?

Far from it.
  • HectorMcClureHectorMcClure Posts: 1,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What makes you say that?

As far as i'm aware he had the most votes just two nights ago and is joint bookies fav to win the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »

Is it in the hope that people will become curious and look to see what the rest of the sentence is?

As for his popularity - I'm not sure he has a fanbase necessarily but I'm pretty sure that he's picking up support from people who are sick of seeing Linda's 'Wronged Woman' act.

I agree.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    Not according to the bookies.Or many people on twitter.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,908
    Forum Member
    Kabira wrote: »
    I hope not,I hope he keeps his cool and does not get drawn into arguing with Linda.

Coleen and her son on twitter are calling him "not a man" and a " pussy' for walking away from confrontations but then on the other hand Coleen is saying in the press " another row with Jim could tip Linda over the edge"

I do wonder why Coleen is going into the house. ( if reports are true)

I do hope it is not to stir up any trouble.

She should want it nice and calm in there for her sister .

Surely that's not true:o
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He has a very large fanbase and one which CBB and his HMs have never thought about. He founded the British Forces Foundation and since the Falklands he has been heavily involved with supporting the Forces. He performs at various bases and out postings and puts himself out for the charity, sometime at his own expense.

The British Forces Foundation, which he set up in 1999 in in order to entertain the Forces with first class entertainment and numerous artists are happy to work and support BFF, it is not a small charity. Jim founded it, Maggie Thatcher was President and Prince Charles is the patron, Jim Davidson is the Vice President. Those involved are the Paralympic Gold Medalist Dame Tanni Grey-Tompson, the clue being in paralympic. Matt Lucas, David Walliams, Ray Winstone, Katherine Jenkins, James Blunt and Jimmy Carr give their time to the charity.

Having supported the Forces for the past 30 plus years, whether you believe in them or not, he will have built up a very large and loyal following amongst past and present serving Officers, Ratings as well as their families, most probably including several generations. Not a bad fanbase to have and furthermore they are very loyal to Mr Davidson.

I am not in the Forces, but I am impressed with his charity work and how he has conducted himself in the house.
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    What makes you say that?

As far as i'm aware he had the most votes just two nights ago and is joint bookies fav to win the show.

Yes that's what the OP was saying ....has he peaked too soon?:confused:
  • KabiraKabira Posts: 1,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jak14 wrote: »
    Surely that's not true:o

It was a screenshot on twitter from the Daily Star Sunday.

Coleen and this guy who is friendly with Coleen on twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBoCwvjkFbw

He looks like a right idiot.:D
    Celebrity BigBrother
    @BBRumours
    @NolanColeen and @BradTheLadLong set to enter Celebrity Big Brother to support Linda Nolan! #cbb #BBUK pic.twitter.com/Ds56oAlkhz

http://imgur.com/bU9vvva
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AMS13 wrote: »
    He has a very large fanbase and one which CBB and his HMs have never thought about. He founded the British Forces Foundation and since the Falklands he has been heavily involved with supporting the Forces. He performs at various bases and out postings and puts himself out for the charity, sometime at his own expense.

The British Forces Foundation, which he set up in 1999 in in order to entertain the Forces with first class entertainment and numerous artists are happy to work and support BFF, it is not a small charity. Jim founded it, Maggie Thatcher was President and Prince Charles is the patron, Jim Davidson is the Vice President. Those involved are the Paralympic Gold Medalist Dame Tanni Grey-Tompson, the clue being in paralympic. Matt Lucas, David Walliams, Ray Winstone, Katherine Jenkins, James Blunt and Jimmy Carr give their time to the charity.

Having supported the Forces for the past 30 plus years, whether you believe in them or not, he will have built up a very large and loyal following amongst past and present serving Officers, Ratings as well as their families, most probably including several generations. Not a bad fanbase to have and furthermore they are very loyal to Mr Davidson.

I am not in the Forces, but I am impressed with his charity work and how he has conducted himself in the house.
    Thanks for the biography but when I said fanbase, I naturally meant (within the context of the question from the OP) from the show's viewers.

I thought that would be obvious but apparently not.
  • BROXI BEARBROXI BEAR Posts: 9,279
    Forum Member
    Maybe, but I hope not, because it then means that Ollie or Sam will win.
  • Odette ValmontOdette Valmont Posts: 1,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think so. His popularity seems to have been consistent throughout the series. Admittedly, he has been given a little boost in recent days due to Linda's "grieving widow" act, but I can't see his popularity falling, unless of course he totally explodes. I'm surprised he hasn't yet tbh, Linda is like a little terrier and won't give up.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,542
    Forum Member

All I have seen over the internet where there are any discussion about Jim and Linda. Jim is highly praised and Linda is slated.

I feel when she is up for eviction she will be gone.

Like you say, Jim's fanbase is massive and not many people seem to realise that.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the biography but when I said fanbase, I naturally meant (within the context of the question from the OP) from the show's viewers.

I thought that would be obvious but apparently not.

Thank you for your reply. In replying to a question asked about him having a small fan base and the thread being about his popularity peaking, yes it was so stupid of me to misinterpret your comment. Or to assume that those in the Forces might just be part of the TV audience, you know those people that actually watch the show, perhaps on their own or with friends and families and then they are more than happy to vote for their preferred HM.

There are many types of viewer and also each HMs has their own core of supporters, who naturally follow them, whether it be by watching a tv show, listening to a radio programme, taking time out to see them on tour or buying their merchandise. No doubt Jim's fanbase are supporting him, which is what the thread is all about and what I was trying to say, pointing out where some of them might possibly come from.

So sorry if you took offence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you for your reply. In replying to a question asked about him having a small fan base and the thread being about his popularity peaking, yes it was so stupid of me to misinterpret your comment. Or to assume that those in the Forces might just be part of the TV audience, you know those people that actually watch the show, perhaps on their own or with friends and families and then they are more than happy to vote for their preferred HM.

There are many types of viewer and also each HMs has their own core of supporters, who naturally follow them, whether it be by watching a tv show, listening to a radio programme, taking time out to see them on tour or buying their merchandise. No doubt Jim's fanbase are supporting him, which is what the thread is all about and what I was trying to say, pointing out where some of them might possibly come from.

So sorry if you took offence
    No...you're really not :D