Am I in love with someone at work?

Comments

• sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alex_Fenn wrote:
    I will, thanks.

Its the rugby mainly I am basing my day around then maybe a visit to the gym.
    Enjoy the rugby:D
  • Alex_FennAlex_Fenn Posts: 183
    Forum Member
  • EmilyJEGEmilyJEG Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad you had a good day :)
    Forum Member
    EmilyJEG wrote: »
    Glad you had a good day :)

Thanks :) Yeh it was amazing, really good walk, we are blessed where I live with so many walks/areas to explore/beauty spots/nature trails etc and all wrapped up in important history going back to the latter part of the 18th century.

Good bit of exercise, the weather turned out really well, was good to meet up with work colleagues and see them as they are outside of work, was good to stop and rest our weary legs at the end lol just in time for lunchtime and then when the rest went their seperate ways just us having a chat in the car on the way home.

All in all a day that I won't forget and look back on as a great memory and time.
  • HenryGartenHenryGarten Posts: 24,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex_Fenn wrote: »
    Hi,

I can't stop think about this person at work and I don't know what to do with myself. It makes me happy thinking about them as obviously I like them so much because it makes me happy just even seeing them and then getting to spend time with them at work all day is everything.

Yes you can. You just got to try hard enough. It is not ideal that you got to meet them every day but maybe you should think about moving somehow or other.

The first thing is to decide to do it. Then take some action to make it happen.

If it is possible then a holiday in a far off land where you really got to think of basics of life. If you got to think of what you have to drink and eat you will find that you might be less obsessed.

It will not work immediately but one day you may realise that you have not thought about them for 10 minutes. That is the sign of being on your way to success.

How bad can obsession get? Very bad indeed. I know a case where someone's life has been completely ruined by it.

There is a great thread from some years ago where a situation was completely turned around. It might be a good idea to read it.

See here

You have taken longer than five minutes to get into this state. It is going to take longer than five minutes to get out.
    Forum Member
    Thanks HenryGarten, I appreciate your advice and will read that thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks HenryGarten, I appreciate your advice and will read that thread.

Thank you. As you will see it was tense at times.
    Forum Member
    Thank you. As you will see it was tense at times.

Indeed it was, im glad for him and he managed to turn it around.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Indeed it was, im glad for him and he managed to turn it around.

Did it give you any ideas as to how you might turn your situation around?
    Forum Member
    Did it give you any ideas as to how you might turn your situation around?

It should have done but im lost in the way I feel at present, it has beaten me.

I just have to weather the storm as long as it takes.

Sorry
  • DanniLaMoneDanniLaMone Posts: 2,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are plenty more fish in the sea.
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Op you need to find out if she has a bf. whether its a serious long term bf or a new long distance relationship is irrelevant. If she identifies herself as having a bf then you need to seriously back off as shes made her choice.

I dont think the people saying find out how her relationship is and then act, are being in any way helpful. If shes in a relationship, all your constant obsessing and chasing will do is either cause rifts between them, if he finds out about it, which could mean the end of your friendship. Or you might get lucky if you cause them to split and she chooses you, but what if she soon regrets it and goes back to him? You will get the blame for splitting them up and then you will have to deal with with her not wanting to be around you.

If shes single then by all means make a move, but steer clear if shes taken. Ignore all the advice if anyone brings up alpha males and that you need to make a stand and see if she wants to leave her bf for you. Yes some men do that but if you were the type to you wouldve done it by now and moved on when you got knocked back. The fact youve cancelled meeting her before shows you arent ready to hear the possible truth and move on to the next woman so dont do it.
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex ....I mean this in the nicest possible way but I have just three words for you

Grow a set

you are going to end up killing yourself (not literally :D ) ...you sit there and say you get on great etc etc and you are scared of ruining the friendship (and I do know where you are coming you'd rather have her as a friend than no at all )

but life is too short dude ...what if this was your one chance of true happiness and you let it get away from you from being scared ? you'll end up regretting it ESPECIALLY if she doesn't have a guy at the minute and she does meet someone and you'll hear all about this fantastic guy she has meet when it could have been you.

Dude she does know you are into girls right ? I mean you aren't her GBF ? if so make this clear ...check she doesn't have a BF then just go for it man ..don't waste one of life's opportunities you don't get many

anyone else wondering if ther is a thread on an alternate forum titled

"I really like this guy at work but he wont make a move "
  • giz a tabgiz a tab Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The OP has gone.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    giz a tab wrote: »
    The OP has gone.

So we may never know what happens (or if it was real anyway!)? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »

I was enjoying reading about his unrequited love as well :confused:
  • ValentineValentine Posts: 3,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    giz a tab wrote: »
    The OP has gone.
    DJW13 wrote: »

I read all this through with some interest (even though I didn't quite believe he didn't bring up the subject of a boyfriend in general conversation, if they are such good friends - I've recently started a new job and it's perfectly normal and natural to chat with new colleagues about whether they have a partner, children etc or not, it's part of getting to know people).

However, when I saw another thread the OP posted over the weekend, entitled 'Have you ever stayed awake all night', I began to doubt the whole thing - I mean, why would a 35 year old man be asking about staying awake all night? The OP sounds more like a teenager than a man approaching his 40's.

If there is any truth in this story, then I'd agree with another post which said he needs to grow a pair.
  • BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »
    I read all this through with some interest (even though I didn't quite believe he didn't bring up the subject of a boyfriend in general conversation, if they are such good friends - I've recently started a new job and it's perfectly normal and natural to chat with new colleagues about whether they have a partner, children etc or not, it's part of getting to know people).

However, when I saw another thread the OP posted over the weekend, entitled 'Have you ever stayed awake all night', I began to doubt the whole thing - I mean, why would a 35 year old man be asking about staying awake all night? The OP sounds more like a teenager than a man approaching his 40's.

If there is any truth in this story, then I'd agree with another post which said he needs to grow a pair.

I Thought it was great advice ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Valentine wrote: »

I didn't realise he was approaching 40, do people act like lovesick teenagers at that age? I have no idea :confused:
  • galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Op you need to find out if she has a bf. whether its a serious long term bf or a new long distance relationship is irrelevant. If she identifies herself as having a bf then you need to seriously back off as shes made her choice.

I dont think the people saying find out how her relationship is and then act, are being in any way helpful. If shes in a relationship, all your constant obsessing and chasing will do is either cause rifts between them, if he finds out about it, which could mean the end of your friendship. Or you might get lucky if you cause them to split and she chooses you, but what if she soon regrets it and goes back to him? You will get the blame for splitting them up and then you will have to deal with with her not wanting to be around you.

If shes single then by all means make a move, but steer clear if shes taken. Ignore all the advice if anyone brings up alpha males and that you need to make a stand and see if she wants to leave her bf for you. Yes some men do that but if you were the type to you wouldve done it by now and moved on when you got knocked back. The fact youve cancelled meeting her before shows you arent ready to hear the possible truth and move on to the next woman so dont do it.

In my opinion the next move is up to the girl. She's mentioned the fact that she's in a relationship, she must know that he's keen so if she wants him it's up to her to make it clear to him that she is available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've just read this thread all the way through. I feel quite sorry for the OP and I hope it all works out for him. It's a shame he has left after such a short time on the forums.

He comes across as such a nice, sweet, shy, caring, sensitive, thoughtful guy. So much better than all the irritating over confident alpha male types. If this girl is not interested in him, then she has to be mad! There are not enough men like that, especially those in their 30s.
  • DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,277
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just read this thread all the way through. I feel quite sorry for the OP and I hope it all works out for him. It's a shame he has left after such a short time on the forums.

He comes across as such a nice, sweet, shy, caring, sensitive, thoughtful guy. So much better than all the irritating over confident alpha male types. If this girl is not interested in him, then she has to be mad! There are not enough men like that, especially those in their 30s.

I assumed that he hadn't left voluntarily but had been banned. :confused:
  • cmorriscmorris Posts: 6,157
    Forum Member
    Hi

I have a problem, We (me and my sister) are trying to pull out an old network cable from a wall and we have managed to get it stuck in the hole. The connector is stuck in the wall and we wan to get it out.

Please help any suggestions?
    Forum Member
    Done with minor shield rip damage
    Forum Member
    Sorry wrong thread
This discussion has been closed.