Options

Morrisons worker suspended over allegedly smacking four-year-old boy

Comments

• Options
    maidinscotlandmaidinscotland Posts: 5,648
    Forum Member
    If she'd smacked my four year old Id have taken her outside and given her a doin!!
    She should be sacked

Yes because that is the right way to deal with it and shows your child that violence is wrong isn't it? <rolls eyes>
  • Options
    academiaacademia Posts: 18,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flowerpowa wrote: »
    I wonder if his mum was letting him run riot at the time, shop worker shouldn't have smacked him though

The police seem satisfied that it wasn't the assult the mother claimed/
  • Options
    habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The mother needs a smack for looking like she does! :D
  • Options
    Bulletguy1Bulletguy1 Posts: 18,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow........DS Judge, Jury and Executioner rolls into action again! :D:D

Lynch the Supermarket Slapper.

Give the 'little precious' sweeties for life and a fat compo package for the 'caring' Mum.
  • Options
    seacamseacam Posts: 21,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me re-phrase, it is unacceptable to touch someone else's child unless they are in grave and immediate danger.
    Disagree again, it's all about circumstances.
  • Options
    LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Believe me most 4 year olds do understand the word No.

Hell, all my dogs have learned what "no" means by the age of 4 months, I should certainly hope a 4-year old child has.

I really don't get why some people let their kids run riot. I often have the urge to smack useless parents.
  • Options
    getzlsgetzls Posts: 4,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    Try walking out of a shop without paying for something and asserting that "RIGHT" when the security guards are dragging you back.

And on that note.
    Kids aged two or so tend to run for the.door in shops.

Times when I'm doing Security in a shop and a child goes out the door unattended.
    It goes through my mind firstly, shall I catch this child?

I should not have to think that way but just stop it.
    But with all the I'm going to accuse you of abuse buissiness that goes on it you could hold back and a child could get lost.
  • Options
    Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the actual order of events here?

Was it simply
    Incident => complaint => police => facebook => £compensation£

Or was there a 'negotiation' stage somewhere?
    Edit: and did the compensation pot exist before or only after the facebook post...?
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she is never setting foot in their stores again so it couldn't have been a voucher.

I notice the child's father is silent.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What was the actual order of events here?

Was it simply
    Incident => complaint => police => facebook => £compensation£

Or was there a 'negotiation' stage somewhere?
    Edit: and did the compensation pot exist before or only after the facebook post...?

By the sounds of it, it was ..

Incident => complaint => investigation => resolution => facebook => papers => police => compensation
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    I read that the child was disruptive to the running of the supermarket and lacked discipline.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    I read that the child was disruptive to the running of the supermarket and lacked discipline.

Im assuming that too, but it would take a lot to make me raise a hand to my own child let alone someone elses. She should have had a word with the mother first. Its not the first time Ive witnessed in supermarket that parent on the mobile to their mates while the kids are running riot. Its unfair on staff trying to do their job, but this shop assistant Im assuming has had training
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Im assuming that too, but it would take a lot to make me raise a hand to my own child let alone someone elses. She should have had a word with the mother first. Its not the first time Ive witnessed in supermarket that parent on the mobile to their mates while the kids are running riot. Its unfair on staff trying to do their job, but this shop assistant Im assuming has had training

I am sick of them not restraining their errant children.

I saw a foreign woman the other day more interested in getting £2 off her shopping than disciplining her ghastly children who were trying to steal the change from the self service tills. She did not restrain them in any way and annoyed staff and customers while she kept running down the aisles several times to get things, totally forgetting her children and not at all concerned about their foul behaviour.
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sick of them not restraining their errant children.

I saw a foreign woman the other day more interested in getting £2 off her shopping than disciplining her ghastly children who were trying to steal the change from the self service tills. She did not restrain them in any way and annoyed staff and customers while she kept running down the aisles several times to get things, totally forgetting her children and not at all concerned about their foul behaviour.
    I do hope you rapped the back of their knees with your cane and gave them and their mother a thorough dressing down.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sodavlac wrote: »
    .............. After an investigation it doesn't look like it happened. KFC have given her $30k and $135k was given by people on the internet................

Just out of curiosity - where did this happen?
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... and will they be charged with fraud, or even extortion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    I do hope you rapped the back of their knees with your cane and gave them and their mother a thorough dressing down.

I don't believe in violence towards children or adults. Children of that age should have been in their pushchair or on reigns.

The woman had trouble speaking English, so there was little point.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    She shouldn't be touching someone else s child at all, that's the parents job, however i work in retail, and see numerous times a day parents wandering around stores shovelling food into their mouths (half landing on stock/floor), while on facebook on their phones and their child is running up and down the aisles puling stuff over and opening stuff up, you need to deal with that in a way that doesnt start an argument with the "parent" and whereby you don't appear to be chastising the child, you do need to be careful, because the next thing you are in the daily mail with a woman and child with a "sadface" claiming "shop worker accused me of being an unfit mother".

I had an incident a few weeks back where a woman was doing exactly as above on the phone, while eating up the end of an aisle, while her child was in the next aisle spraying 2 tins of lighter fluid all over the floor/aisle and himself, i snatched the canisters straght off of him and he ran off screaming, i had to ask another customer to grab any member of staff they could find to come immediately, as the floor, shelving full of petrol, and the child were covered in petrol, all it would have took was a spark, up we all would have went.

After cleaning up i found the woman screaming at the manager that i had frightened her child, the police ended up involved and no action was taken to either of us, but the woman was uninterested that her child could have blinded himself with petrol, set himself on fire, as far as she was concerned the only problem there was me, as "i made her child cry".

Should i i have just walked away round the corner and gently asked her "excuse me your child is covering itself in petrol".

Some people have no clue about looking after themselves never-mind a child, but are the first to go running to blame someone else when it all goes wrong.

Im not saying the shop worker was right, id never even pretend to hit a child, i know how things are perceived nowadays, a lot of the old dears in shops did do that years ago, a playful tap, but as smacking in general is now "unacceptable", that has all but stopped, with the exception of a few old dears still kicking around from the olden days.
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ... a good job no-one dropped a box of matches.
  • Options
    welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Maybe something like this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2679608/Shocking-moment-Chinese-supermarket-worker-stops-child-urinating-aisles-heart-attack-furious-mother-shouts-30-minutes.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »

:o:o:o actual shock, this is one of these situations where clearly the mother was embarrassed by her child behaviour and knew they were in the wrong but refused to believe it.
    Ive seen that a few times
    Hope the shop keeper recovered :(
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A friend's 3 year old who was really spoilt by his mum was actually turning quite nasty due to the lack of boundaries and discipline. One day we were by a swimming pool when he bashed another child and took their toy and I'm afraid I went into auto pilot and gave him a tap on his bum with a stern 'no'. He went yelling to his Dad as if he was mortally wounded. Fortunately for me, Dad said it served him right.
    Of course the shop assistant shouldn't have done it and the circumstances aren't clear but I'll bet a few customers sick of spoilt brats running amok in shops are silently cheering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I went to see my Doctor a couple of months ago, I only go only when absolutely necessary. The kids were running all over the place in the waiting area, jumping on the seats, while the mothers ignored them, just chatting to each other, or heads bowed concentrating on their mobile phones

When I eventually saw my Doctor, she said to me "What's it like out there this morning, Bedlam as usual I suppose"

When I was at NETTO there were kids climbing on the packing tables, using the shop floor as their own personal running tracks and playing tag.

Pity supermarkets can't sue the parents for neglegance
  • Options
    duckyluckyduckylucky Posts: 13,863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ones I would like to slap are the parents .
  • Options
    charlie1charlie1 Posts: 10,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I work in retail, and I get sick and tired of the parents who allow their children to run amok through the aisles, almost knocking people over.
    They run around corners at breakneck speed, dodge in and out of the wine department, narrowly missing knocking bottles off the shelves.
    If I see children behaving like this I tell them to slow down.
    It makes me so cross to see parents allowing their children to behave like this.