Options

Bridge Camera

i'm looking for a good Bridge Camera for taking good photos and hd video was looking at the FUJI HS10 anyone no anything about it? or could anyone recommend a good Bridge Camera??? Thanks:):)

Comments

• Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Panasonic ones are usually well-received
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote: »
    The Panasonic ones are usually well-received

Panasonic Lumix FZ38 vs Fujifilm Finepix HS10 vs Panasonic Lumix FZ45 it's a tough decision don't no what to do, decision decision :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My wife used a Panasonic Lumix (FZ28?) bridge camera, before she switched to a DSLR a couple of years ago. Loved it. She only dumped it as she outgrew its abilities.
  • Options
    TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Try to check the comparative lens quality. That is the first thing that will irritate you if it is not as good as expected. I also am becoming allergic to AA batteries - one of the four always runs out first! Have to say not sure what batteries the Panasonics use though.
  • Options
    b.leverb.lever Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TeeGee wrote: »
    Try to check the comparative lens quality. That is the first thing that will irritate you if it is not as good as expected. I also am becoming allergic to AA batteries - one of the four always runs out first! Have to say not sure what batteries the Panasonics use though.

i use a canon g12 if you can afford it super camera .
  • Options
    VallhundVallhund Posts: 5,374
    Forum Member
    markcaff wrote: »
    Panasonic Lumix FZ38 vs Fujifilm Finepix HS10 vs Panasonic Lumix FZ45 it's a tough decision don't no what to do, decision decision :confused::confused::confused::confused:

A couple of years ago I bought a Fuji S6500fd bridge camera. It has been excellent. Fuji gives you a lot of bang for the buck. :D

I would go for the Fuji.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bought a Powershot SX30. It has a massive zoom and records in 720p.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had an HS10. The lens was nice, but I found the shot-to-shot time too slow and the image quality wasn't good enough, so now I have an SLR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    thanks for all the help people really like the look of the Powershot SX30 then I seen there's a new fuji camera out in April called the HS20 EXR so going to wait and see the review of it thanks again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    is the Fuji HS10 compatible with iphoto on a macbook????
  • Options
    tomharry2tomharry2 Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sony HX1. You cant go wrong with this bridge camera. In comparison it beats the panasonic lumixes hands down. The picture quality is absolutely fab, great zoom and you can buy good ones on ebay.
  • Options
    flynnflynn Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't recommend the HS10 myself, it's image quality is too compromised in the pursuit of massive zoom range. It's also quite slow shot to shot, as someone else mentioned.

The camera it replaced, the S200 EXR, was excellent and I would thoroughly recommend that if you can still find one. I'm in the middle of replacing it now, but only because I'm moving up to a DSLR. A few of my S200 images linked below (not the best I've done, but they're what's already online...):

http://theinept.co.uk/images/Rock1.jpg
    http://theinept.co.uk/images/Rock2.jpg
    http://theinept.co.uk/images/Rock3.jpg
    http://theinept.co.uk/images/Rock4.jpg

The HS20 - who knows? It has the EXR technology which I rate highly, if they have improved the speed and noise then it could be pretty damn good. Read the reviews once they're out, I guess...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i gone for the SX30 get it on the 15th Feb cant wait:cool::cool: