Options

Rochelle Wiseman (from The Saturdays) would be a great X Factor judge!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just thinking she would be great. Her and Tulisa have a great relationship and are great friends outside of work. (You just have to look at Twitter to see that)

She is opinionated, she is now the best singer of The Saturdays. She is also getting married to Marvin from JLS meaning she'll be in the papers a lot.

She would make a great replacement for Kelly Rowland.

Comments

• Options
    CinnamonBrickCinnamonBrick Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rochelle... is that you? :o
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    Erm.... nope

They could try and get someone from a successful girl group - not one thats been struggling for some years now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    I do like Rochelle and I agree with what you're saying about that she's now the best singer in The Saturdays. Vanessa really isn't that great anymore. But I don't see her as an Xfactor judge.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her, but seriously???:confused:
    Why???:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Mollie would be great!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just came to me. Stylish, classy, Saturdays need promotion after all their mediocre chart entries, her fiance is from JLS. I think she knows the other judges ...

Probably been mentioned before, so I apologise.
  • Options
    bazztheman93bazztheman93 Posts: 4,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She would be a FANTASTIC!! signing
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeh, she'd be pretty good! Her and Una are the only ones I can stand in The Saturdays, so either of them! :p
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I think if Simon was going to choose anyone from The Sats, it'd be Frankie but I'm all in favour for Rochelle though. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the Rochelle love! She would be a brilliant judge and a good fit. And she has been rumoured to be in the frame for a guest judge spot/replacing Kelly this week along with the other names being bandied around (Robbie, Rod, Geri etc)

Rochelle would be a good choice. Posted this in another thread the other day, but just posting it again rather than repeating myself and missing stuff out haha. She seems the most vocal and least camera shy out of The Saturdays too. Out of the rest of the girls, she's the most distinctive and has the most 'star quality' I think (if anyone hasn't seen her.. here she is! Haha http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...lli-lau--a.jpg). She's marrying to Marvin from JLS this summer so she'll be all over the papers there too, and she has a constant media presence regardless what with being in The Saturdays, who've done relatively well - over 3 million records sold since 2008, 11 top 10 singles, 3 top 10 albums, 3 headline tours and so on etc. She's very business savvy when it comes to the group and driven too.

She's been in the media industry, especially music and TV, since her early teens, as she was in S Club Juniors, who sold over 1 million records or so during their rather short time on the market and had 6 top 10 singles etc so she has plenty of experience, she's had to graft and work hard from the bottom and she has plenty of extensive knowledge in the industry and knows what it takes. She's current and relevant, which Simon always bangs on about.

She'd be a good choice IMO. She's a nice girl, relatable to the teen girls and sweet. She seems really down to Earth, classy, grounded, gorgeous but she still seems a tough cookie, confident, can be a bit gobby and loud, opinionated, fiesty and vocal. She's friends with Tulisa, supported Gary/Take That on their Circus tour with The Sats, Louis knows of her... she'd fit in well. She caters to the main XF audience, and the press would lap her up - she's already got a high 'showbiz' profile but it'd really kick off if she got on the panel. And that can only be a good thing for the show. She's a laugh and has the most personality and talent from The Saturdays too IMO. She has a face and personality for TV.

And the girl *can* actually sing!

Rochelle should get a shot and have a chance, she'd work out well on the show I think. But it's not up to me, but they should consider her! :p She would be a much better choice than Frankie (Sandford) who was heavily rumoured to have got the job last year but they plumped for Tulisa in the end.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    i like her
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like her! would love to see this happen!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be disappointed if it was a Saturday. Mind you, the way it's being drawn out and hyped up I'd probably be disappointed no matter who they sign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love how I made this thread in February and now everyone's like it could be Rochelle, Rochelle would be great. Only three months ago I was slammed for suggesting her! :D
  • Options
    Wong_BillabongWong_Billabong Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mollie wouldnt be great because she didnt make it past the xf auditions herself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tomi-08 wrote: »
    Loving the Rochelle love! She would be a brilliant judge and a good fit. And she has been rumoured to be in the frame for a guest judge spot/replacing Kelly this week along with the other names being bandied around (Robbie, Rod, Geri etc)

Rochelle would be a good choice. Posted this in another thread the other day, but just posting it again rather than repeating myself and missing stuff out haha. She seems the most vocal and least camera shy out of The Saturdays too. Out of the rest of the girls, she's the most distinctive and has the most 'star quality' I think (if anyone hasn't seen her.. here she is! Haha http://www.hellomagazine.com/imagene...lli-lau--a.jpg). She's marrying to Marvin from JLS this summer so she'll be all over the papers there too, and she has a constant media presence regardless what with being in The Saturdays, who've done relatively well - over 3 million records sold since 2008, 11 top 10 singles, 3 top 10 albums, 3 headline tours and so on etc. She's very business savvy when it comes to the group and driven too.

She's been in the media industry, especially music and TV, since her early teens, as she was in S Club Juniors, who sold over 1 million records or so during their rather short time on the market and had 6 top 10 singles etc so she has plenty of experience, she's had to graft and work hard from the bottom and she has plenty of extensive knowledge in the industry and knows what it takes. She's current and relevant, which Simon always bangs on about.

She'd be a good choice IMO. She's a nice girl, relatable to the teen girls and sweet. She seems really down to Earth, classy, grounded, gorgeous but she still seems a tough cookie, confident, can be a bit gobby and loud, opinionated, fiesty and vocal. She's friends with Tulisa, supported Gary/Take That on their Circus tour with The Sats, Louis knows of her... she'd fit in well. She caters to the main XF audience, and the press would lap her up - she's already got a high 'showbiz' profile but it'd really kick off if she got on the panel. And that can only be a good thing for the show. She's a laugh and has the most personality and talent from The Saturdays too IMO. She has a face and personality for TV.

And the girl *can* actually sing!

Rochelle should get a shot and have a chance, she'd work out well on the show I think. But it's not up to me, but they should consider her! :p She would be a much better choice than Frankie (Sandford) who was heavily rumoured to have got the job last year but they plumped for Tulisa in the end.

Typical that the link I post to the pic of her looking her best is broken... here's a better link: http://i46.tinypic.com/2c0qc7.jpg (obviously she's the one on the left ;)). She looks amazing there. IMO she has bundles of star quality and class - even with the plunging neckline! :p
  • Options
    sjonsjon Posts: 433
    Forum Member
    Would be a good bet, they desperately need a new 'Cheryl' and she could probably be it. My only fear would be how similar she is to Tulisa.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if they read the forums... they should take note and get her in for screening tests if they haven't already since she's been rumoured this week! Ha. :p
  • Options
    Carly_ThompsonCarly_Thompson Posts: 2,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of The Saturdays are in a position to be a judge. They are struggling to be seen as a successful girl group themselves, how could they possible judge others on how to become successful?

I think another member of Girls Aloud would be great or Keisha/Mutya from the Sugababes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think any of The Saturdays are in a position to be a judge. They are struggling to be seen as a successful girl group themselves, how could they possible judge others on how to become successful?

I think another member of Girls Aloud would be great or Keisha/Mutya from the Sugababes.

The same could have been said for Tulisa, and even Dannii, and they got on the panel just fine - didn't affect them being able to judge others and pick out talent. Besides, it can be more than 'judging others to be successful' - if they've an eye for talent and are enthusiastic about nurturing and helping new talent why shouldn't Rochelle or Frankie have a chance? They have a good profile in the UK, their single sales are fine, several of which have outsold Girls Aloud who you seem to be praising. The Sats struggle with albums, yes, but even so - not everyone is going to shift albums like they do singles and 11 top 10 singles (out of 13 singles released), and over 3 million records shifted in 4 years shows they have been a moderate success whether you like them or not, BUT I do get where you're coming from with albums wise.

Yes, they may not be a meteoric success but just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't spot talent. Bit of a ridiculous assumption. I like them a lot and I think Rochelle especially would be great on the panel. She has plenty of knowledge and experience about talent and music itself, what's good or not, techniques and so on - she's been in the bloody industry since she was 12 in S Club Juniors! None of the others in Girls Aloud would be decent - Nicola, Kimberley, Nadine - snooze, I like Sarah's personality but she wouldn't be upto much as a judge. Speaking of Keisha, she would be good too!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think she nice as a person
    but wouldnt want her as a judge, she in the saturday, they are not really a successful girl group
    i can imagine someone who gets a 'no' from her, just criticisng her for miming like example did
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    i think she nice as a person
    but wouldnt want her as a judge, she in the saturday, they are not really a successful girl group
    i can imagine someone who gets a 'no' from her, just criticisng her for miming like example did

She doesn't mime anymore. In fact she's the Saturdays strongest and new lead singer now! :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bbbnbbb wrote: »
    I actually predicted her back in February! http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1630464

Sorry bbbnbbb about the duplicate thread. I was sure there must have been another thread - I should have looked harder!

Perhaps we can get the threads merged. If not we have two threads to attract the powers that be! :)
  • Options
    soapdoctorsoapdoctor Posts: 3,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Rochelle, but I'd prefer Frankie:)