Options

Gavin Henson Sacked!!

niki1969niki1969 Posts: 153
Forum Member
Gavin Henson has been sacked for his drunken behaviour on a flight from Glasgow. What a pillock!!!!!!!!

[news]Gavin Henson sacked by Cardiff Blues, hit with six-month Flybe ban[/news]

Comments

• Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldnt this be in sport rather than showbiz?
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pillock indeed but I'm not sure he deserved the sack for throwing ice-cubes unless there is more to this story than has been released.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dids858 wrote: »

No.
    He's now a fully fledged zeleb.:)
  • Options
    NotaTypoNotaTypo Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dids858 wrote: »
    He's more famous for being a Tanorexic reality star than a sportsman! And he's fairly rubbish at both!
  • Options
    HenryBaneHenryBane Posts: 4,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pillock indeed but I'm not sure he deserved the sack for throwing ice-cubes unless there is more to this story than has been released.

I guess it depends how hard he was throwing them. :)
  • Options
    *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gavin is a strange man. I can't quite work him out. He's got into a few 'drunk altercations' now hasn't he? He needs to grow up.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's got some serious problems that one. It's not the first time he's been reprimanded by a club. At his age, he doesn't seem to have been able to stay at one club for long enough to make any mark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda funny -- I guess the break up from that girl was bothering him? Orrrr hes just a pillik
  • Options
    FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its quite sad....seems like his rugby career is pretty much over now.He was an immense talent for Wales but since he started courting fame on reality tv shows his rugby has suffered.He seems a bit misguided.

And since when do sportsmen and women have to behave like saints? Throwing icecubes and getting a bit lairy seems fair enough every now and then....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firewalker wrote: »
    I think its quite sad....seems like his rugby career is pretty much over now.He was an immense talent for Wales but since he started courting fame on reality tv shows his rugby has suffered.He seems a bit misguided.

And since when do sportsmen and women have to behave like saints? Throwing icecubes and getting a bit lairy seems fair enough every now and then....
    When you get some drunken lout hitting you with rock hard icecubes on the head or in the face, you may reconsider.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    FirewalkerFirewalker Posts: 2,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NotaTypo wrote: »
    When you get some drunken lout hitting you with rock hard icecubes on the head or in the face, you may reconsider.:rolleyes:

rolleyes always make me laugh!:D

I see what you are saying and Im not sticking up for him ,just that there does seem to be a sea change with regards how sportspeople conduct themselves these days....they are expected to be exemplary citizens at all times and thats pressure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firewalker wrote: »
    rolleyes always make me laugh!:D

I see what you are saying and Im not sticking up for him ,just that there does seem to be a sea change with regards how sportspeople conduct themselves these days....they are expected to be exemplary citizens at all times and thats pressure
    Not being lairy and throwing things on a plane doesn't make you "exemplary". It just means you're not a disruptive idiot.
  • Options
    Butterfly8588Butterfly8588 Posts: 701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm glad someone else posted about this cos i was going to have to start a new thread otherwise. What did he actually do on this flight? I havent read anything about it but from what little i've heard it seems to be a little harsh to sack him. I know he was drunk but what are these 'drunken antics'
    I can't say i like him personally but i still think sacking him is uncalled for from what info ive heard.

P.S. has anyone read the post about the winner of the batchelor basically calling him boring and a disappointment in bed? i didnt watch the programme but i did see a few trailors and wondered when the winner would get there little bit of fame out of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'm glad someone else posted about this cos i was going to have to start a new thread otherwise. What did he actually do on this flight? I havent read anything about it but from what little i've heard it seems to be a little harsh to sack him. I know he was drunk but what are these 'drunken antics'
    I can't say i like him personally but i still think sacking him is uncalled for from what info ive heard.

P.S. has anyone read the post about the winner of the batchelor basically calling him boring and a disappointment in bed? i didnt watch the programme but i did see a few trailors and wondered when the winner would get there little bit of fame out of it.

Here ya go.:)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123832/Gavin-Henson-booted-Cardiff-rugby-club-unacceptable-drunken-behaviour-plane.html
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the problem is he's behaved like this previously, and he represents a club who a lot of people look up to, and is/was possibly a role model for some young rugby fans - hardly an image the club will want to portray, and I don't blame them for taking a zero tolerance policy. He just doesn't seem to learn, and now it's to the detriment of his career, and I don't know if the other clubs will touch him.
  • Options
    FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasted his talent over the last few years and messed around clubs with contracts. I'd be surprised if another club took the risk with him.
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member

I agree he didn't deserve the sack for throwing an ice cube I think there's something else going on here.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member
    Another predictably drunk heading towards Celebrity Big Brother? Or will it be the Jungle?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree he didn't deserve the sack for throwing an ice cube I think there's something else going on here.

Glad I'm not the only one to think there is something rather odd about this.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Interesting you say that, I've just had a nosy on a dedicated rugby forum, and the more knowledgable folk reckon the management have been after a reason to get rid of him for a while...if true, he's been stupid enough to provide it.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,005
    Forum Member

He was also banned from the airline for the next 6 months, according to the report it's the end of the season and contracts are up for renewal anyway.
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    Rednell wrote: »
    Interesting you say that, I've just had a nosy on a dedicated rugby forum, and the more knowledgable folk reckon the management have been after a reason to get rid of him for a while...if true, he's been stupid enough to provide it.

It's very strange because apparently he's on a low wage at Cardiff and they could have got rid of him at the end of the season anyway. Gavin isn't the only one to get into trouble lately 2 Cardiff players were arrested in Febuary you didn't see Cardiff suspending them. Where were the coaches when he was playing up on the plane didn't they have a word with him? I think there's more going on here that we don't know about.
  • Options
    The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's perfectly understandable why and appropriate that he has been sacked. He's a professional sportsman not a cast member of TOWIE. He's got form for doing this and being drunk on a plane is especially heinous as it is such an enclosed space.

He's a pathetic, immature drunk whose sports career is pretty much over. He has no-one to blame but himself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree, now I'm looking deeper into it.

Two players get arrested for assault and keep their jobs, yet Henson who did not receive any official cautions or arrested loses his job. There's a rumour that he had a bust up with one of the coaches, though unconfirmed, it might well be a reason why he's been got rid of.
  • Options
    cazzzcazzz Posts: 12,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's very strange because apparently he's on a low wage at Cardiff and they could have got rid of him at the end of the season anyway. Gavin isn't the only one to get into trouble lately 2 Cardiff players were arrested in Febuary you didn't see Cardiff suspending them. Where were the coaches when he was playing up on the plane didn't they have a word with him? I think there's more going on here that we don't know about.

yup, more to this, they wont have to buy out his contract. I think that happened in his last club. I dont think clubs will be queuing up for him. He has had a lot of opportunities and stuffed them up...Big Brother is probably on the cards:yawn: