Alesha Dixon possibility joining the voice?

Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I really believe this can be true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/x-factor-new-judges-alesha-3380539

Hope she joins, along side Robbie Williams

Comments

• FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing there about Alesha joining The Voice. :D

In all seriousness, I've said all along that Alesha makes the most sense in terms of taking the fourth seat. She has experience of speaking on a live show panel on two different programmes so she can handle the pressure and think on her feet, she's laid back (certainly more so on Britain's Got Talent than she was on Strictly) and has a sense of humour. She wouldn't be a huge risk and it would get some promotion in the press as she'd be pitched against the show which put her in the public limelight for a second time. I can see her getting on with Louis and Cheryl while her chemistry with Simon wouldn't be under scrutiny.

I don't think her leaving Britain's Got Talent would be a disaster either; they can just go back to a three person panel with Simon, Amanda and David. Though there's no reason why she couldn't do both - Simon does after all.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    It says a surprise move to X Factor? :confused:
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Alesha - she's a lot of fun on BGT, but I personally think she should stick with that show.

Why break up a panel which is obviously very popular?

I'm also growing tired of the rumours Louis won't be back. We know Simon/Louis/Cheryl works as a panel... particularly Simon and Louis work very well in that competitive environment of XF... but with pictures of Simon *apparently* having dinner with Will.i.am last night, I wonder if they're trying to get him >:( I hope not...
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    If Alesha Dixon joins the Voice as a coach, I leave the Voice as a viewer.
  • Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    Looks like nobody wanted the last X Factor spot then, if Aleesha is joining.:D Aleesha is decent on BGT, but this does come across as a last X Factor choice of judge to be honest, nobody else wanted the job.
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ1893 wrote: »
    I love Alesha - she's a lot of fun on BGT, but I personally think she should stick with that show.

Why break up a panel which is obviously very popular?

I'm also growing tired of the rumours Louis won't be back. We know Simon/Louis/Cheryl works as a panel... particularly Simon and Louis work very well in that competitive environment of XF... but with pictures of Simon *apparently* having dinner with Will.i.am last night, I wonder if they're trying to get him >:( I hope not...

Those pictures makes him almost confirmed for XF. I mean Cheryl is on already.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Why is this even in this thread ? surely it should be in the BGT or The Voice forum :confused:
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Why is this even in this thread ? surely it should be in the BGT or The Voice forum :confused:

The link itself says Alesha is in line to be the fourth X Factor judge. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh no where's my Kelly Rowland?!!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd rather Mel B out of those options but Alesha would create press with the show head to head with Strictly
  • Cosmic GiftedCosmic Gifted Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she and Cheryl are too similar, have the same "nice" personality. I think you need someone different to balance the panel out.
  • Reem2011Reem2011 Posts: 4,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-Digit-Xx wrote: »
    I think she and Cheryl are too similar, have the same "nice" personality. I think you need someone different to balance the panel out.

Not that similar. Alesha has a personality and has a voice.
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like nobody wanted the last X Factor spot then, if Aleesha is joining.:D Aleesha is decent on BGT, but this does come across as a last X Factor choice of judge to be honest, nobody else wanted the job.
    I don't believe that. Being a judge pays very well on the X Factor. Not to mention you get to travel to some great locations with acts at boot camp. It's a very good job.
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sun Tzu. wrote: »
    I don't believe that. Being a judge pays very well on the X Factor. Not to mention you get to travel to some great locations with acts at boot camp. It's a very good job.

It may pay off to you but most artists are not going to be interested in taking at least three months out of their schedule to join a show which has list most of its creditability
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Well this way she'd at least be able to give more advice to contestants rather than 'that was amazing' and 'you made cry' comments! Seriously how much can she cry?
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Simon said today that shed be a great judge so I do think hes after her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe Simon magic will work on Alesha joining X Factor in the end
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reem2011 wrote: »
    I believe Simon magic will work on Alesha joining X Factor in the end

but her music career is non existent

does she even make music anymore?

Her last album bombed. i am not saying to be a judge you need to be Beyonce, but you should be relevant in the music industry and she's not.
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She confirmed on Alan Carr that she's not joining.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's back in the studio. I still wouldn't rule her out jumping ship.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sammyvine wrote: »
    but her music career is non existent

does she even make music anymore?

Her last album bombed. i am not saying to be a judge you need to be Beyonce, but you should be relevant in the music industry and she's not.

Dannii Minogue.
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't see the appeal of Alesha. She strikes me as a bit of a Plain Jane, and that's not something you can be in this industry. I think she works on BGT because the panel has a good dynamic, probably the best dynamic it's ever had, but that doesn't mean to say she'd go down well on The X Factor. And like someone else said, she feels too similar to Cheryl. I think they should get someone older.
  • Rose-AddictRose-Addict Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She'd be amazing and would bring an earthly, warm, family orientated presence to the table, and would probably gel well with Louis Walsh to counteract Simon/Cheryl.

Only problem is, she's brilliant on BGT and I honestly believe the panel should remain as it is. She's also too good for The X Factor!
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    The1Kuda wrote: »
    Oh no where's my Kelly Rowland?!!
    Your obsession with this woman is so creepy. Stop it.