Adele cut off after winning BRIT award, shows middle finger!

Comments

• *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's no good saying that they should have moved on because they were running out of time. They shouldn't have been in the position where they ran out of time in the first place.
    Exactly. Anyone who is claiming she was cut off for Blur is missing the point. She was cut off because the show was over-running, and they had to finish by a certain time because of the news.

All of the nominees (and presenters) should have been told there was a time limit and waiting for the final acceptance speech to remember they were on a schedule was where it went wrong.

I understand Adele wanting to enjoy her moment, and the applause, but she could have got on with her speech if she really wanted to. We could also have done without George Michael mugging to the audience and chatting about how he's been invited every year. I love George, but he wasn't there to talk about himself.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is LMFAO at the bitters who will use absolutely anything against Adele to bring her down. She always wears black, boring bitch! She plays up to being common, fake cow! She jokingly sticks one finger up to people when she's rudely cut off, and she's "vile and vulgar". You just couldn't make it up. Do you people go through life desperately looking for things you can feel superior and outraged about? Whatever it is, it's hilarious.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymb72 wrote: »
    Fank God they cut her off.

Can't they give her elocution lessons or somefink. Dear oh Dear.

Is this purposely ironic?
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an air of the British build-them-up-and-tear-them-down mentality going on here. Adele has just won six Grammys! Give her a break.
  • chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,778
    Forum Member
    I must be the only one old enough to remember this:

http://www.brits.co.uk/britstv/1988-best-british-single-rick-astley

Poor Rick Astley was seen to get halfway to the stage, realise he was being cut short, took a bow in the aisle and walked off in tears!!
  • Laura PLaura P Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she stuck her finger up at the "suits"

It sounds like she has a serious case of reverse snobbery, based on her behaviour at the Grammys, and now the Brits, and one or two other things I've read on here about her.

I'm rapidly going off her. She's a grown woman but she seems like a total brat.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    Is LMFAO at the bitters who will use absolutely anything against Adele to bring her down. She always wears black, boring bitch! She plays up to being common, fake cow! She jokingly sticks one finger up to people when she's rudely cut off, and she's "vile and vulgar". You just couldn't make it up. Do you people go through life desperately looking for things you can feel superior and outraged about? Whatever it is, it's hilarious.

Or some people just have different opinion and dislike crass behaviour in general.

Adele fans really can't seem to take any criticism against her...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura P wrote: »
    Or some people just have different opinion and dislike crass behaviour in general.

I'm not an Adele fan, I quite like her music but can take or leave it but I really have to agree with the person that said this thread is just full of spite and the crass behaviour that you are accusing Adele of having. Having and debating a differing opinion is one thing but using this forum to just sling insults like 'she is vile' is really pathetic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tsutsu wrote: »
    I'm not an Adele fan, I quite like her music but can take or leave it but I really have to agree with the person that said this thread is just full of spite and the crass behaviour that you are accusing Adele of having. Having and debating a differing opinion is one thing but using this forum to just sling insults like 'she is vile' is really pathetic.

I think it's a valid opinion to find someone vulgar. Adele seems to enjoy playing upto that image too.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tsutsu wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. And the fact that the day after the Grammys, someone posted a thread on her to discuss how common she is, while failing to even mention that she'd just won SIX GRAMMYS, says it all.

Congrats to her on last night. Well deserved. :cool: I'm a fan of her music, I don't give a crap what she sounds like, what size she is, what she wears or how much she swears. None of it impacts upon the quality of her voice and her music.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nobody can deny that she was restricted by time, and everyone had a certain amount to say what they wanted. She didn't and resorted to the tactics of a spoiled kid.

Well done Adele. No wonder people call you common. :rolleyes:
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    adele is a modern day dido - just singing 'oh woe me' songs.

she'd already thanked the fans earlier on and also if she'd not milked the applause and started speaking earlier she'd have managed to get the thank you in.

i just hope and pray she goes the states and stays there.
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Like as if she didn't know she was going to win, her pretend shock surprise was pathetic

also her black tent dresses are getting very boring

I felt for her being presented with her award by Kylie, I think Adele looks lovely but she looked like a giant next to Kylie :o
  • UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is our "Day after Adele win's awards, slag her off" thread.

Mia done it at the superbowl and was basically applauded and general comments were "it's only a finger". Now it's "vile" :D

Album of the year is usually seen as the big award, hence why it's the last award e.t.c. The organisers should have made sure there was enough time and if they realised they were running late they could have told JC to miss talking to Kylie/Jessie J/One Direction e.t.c and there you've made back 5 minutes for an acceptance speech.

Edit : In fairness to the OP I don't think it was their intention for this to be an Adele knocking thread, but of course other's turned it into one.
  • Tudor6222Tudor6222 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently she's apologised. She was 'doing it at the suits'.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/brit-award-winner-adele-apologises-737076
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 35
    Forum Member
    was blurs fault she didnt have the time they went on for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages accepting their award, and then she had to be cut of so they could sing haha and then their performance was an absolutle shaaambles haha
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever you think of Adele you can't deny that ITV cutting her off like that was very unprofesssional and made whoever was in charge of the show look stupidly incompetent. God forbid the news should be a few minutes late:rolleyes:, funny that ITV never have any hesitation in moving the news back when it's for a football match though..
  • mialukemialuke Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    It's funny how ITV don't mind the news being late if the football overuns though isn't it?
  • Tulip19Tulip19 Posts: 3,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad organization.

She had no time to say anything. She had to wait until the audience quietened down before she could speak, then as soon as she started she was cut off.

I don't blame her for flipping the finger.

Haven't they learnt anything since The Brits 1989?

I agree, it was all unfortunate.

Wouldn't like to be that producer or director this morning.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mialuke wrote: »
    It's funny how ITV don't mind the news being late if the football overuns though isn't it?

A lot of comments on here and Twitter were saying the same thing last night. It's very poor organisation on ITV's part.

The whole show was a bit flat last night, The Brits certainly isn't what it used to be back in the day, it seems to have lost it's appeal somewhat.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,293
    Forum Member
    At most she would have spoken for a few minutes. ITV should have let her continue and delayed the following programme. Amateur stuff from ITV.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Laura P wrote: »

Do tell me if I'm just flattering myself... but tell me my post there didn't lead you to make that post in Music :rolleyes:

I like Adele very much. Am I a super fan? No. I only own 21, don't own her previous album.

Some people can't grasp that some people in the public eye aren't robots, PR-ed up to their eyeballs. I love that about Adele - she's her own person and she's not afraid to show everyone who she is for fear of looking bad or looking crass.

I'd much prefer that than someone totally boring. I don't like Cheryl Cole but at least before XF she had a bit of spark about her. Now she's just a boring, controlled princess with no personality.

If Adele ever went that way I'd be very disappointed.
  • wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor show by the programme makers allowing the programme to potentially over-run by seemingly leaving acceptance speeches to go on as long as recipients wanted ( Blur and 1 Direction for example) and thereby making it inevitable that there wouldn't be enough time at the end......all of that said the curtailing of Adele's speech didn't seem front page newsworthy to me.

I don't do hate and I speak as I find but I'm afraid the way Adele speaks is a bit of let down given her obvious and undeniable singing and songwriting talent.I don't mind accents at all but sounding thick is soemthing different.....a better example would be Plan B on the Brits......sounded 100% thick and proud of it...nothing to do with accents.
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unigal07 wrote: »

You do the same with Cheryl Cole though. Just a thought.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor show by the programme makers allowing the programme to potentially over-run by seemingly leaving acceptance speeches to go on as long as recipients wanted ( Blur and 1 Direction for example) and thereby making it inevitable that there wouldn't be enough time at the end......all of that said the curtailing of Adele's speech didn't seem front page newsworthy to me.

I don't do hate and I speak as I find but I'm afraid the way Adele speaks is a bit of let down given her obvious and undeniable singing and songwriting talent.

Tottenham girl in speaking like Tottenham girl SHOCKER :rolleyes:

Come ON. The day accents are wiped out of this country will be a sad one. It seems many would want that, the amount they slag others off for the way they speak. A country without cockney, scouse, geordie, welsh, scottish, brummie, West country, manc, Yorkshire accents will be one I wouldn't particularly like to live in.

What is so shameful about having an accent that shows where we come from? Who is anyone to say anyone else is "common" for the way they speak?

So snobby it's unbelievable.