James Aruther makes top 20 downloaded singles of all time list

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »
    The real point surely is that at least the song, however it is bought, has been a success, isn't it. It hasn't languished in the bottom of the charts and then speedily exited it.

Exactly and it's for charity unlike the other songs on that list so be happy. IMO it's the best winners single ever. Not the usual cheese.
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samy1014 wrote: »
    Stop being a t**t! Of course he didn't write it but every winners single is a cover. It takes time to write a good song and that's why we haven't heard from him for a while because now he's making an album. I know he's an X Factor winner but I'm pretty sure he will write his songs. He's wrote some already and said he's keen to have his own material on the album. Oh and one more thing, that was the most successful winners single of all time. 1.3 million copies - not many artists achieve that. The original wasn't that popular and don't just say x factor fans bought it only because they didn't. For some reason, his series was considered a 'flop' and was the lowest rated one since 2005 or something like that. It was successful because it was a good song. It was in the 10 ten for ages. The radios liked it and I still hear it being played now 4 months on. As I've said before he has actually written his own songs so that in fact does make him artist. Point flawed.
    Sorry about that but those sorts of dickish comments irritate me.
    Rant over :)

Just being pedantic here but the winners singles haven't ALL been covers (Shayne Ward had an original song).

Agree with the rest of your post though and if he can keep his head screwed on he has the talent to go far.

Glad he didn't get Christmas no. 1 though.