breaking bad

big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
Forum Member
✭✭
Im new to breaking bad and need to know wether its anygood. Should I start watching it?

Ive heard it's a bit like shameless us

Comments

• powarpowar Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    The best thing since sliced bread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Lots of people really love it, from what I've seen it's OK. A little better than average, but I'm told it gets better after the first series...
  • satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    It's one of the best things ever to come out of the US! Have got all 4 series box set, got all my family and friends raving about it too! :) - S2, 3 and 4, real edge of seat stuff, intelligent plots, great characters and amazing acting!
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why isnt this on uktv
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    powar wrote: »
    The best thing since sliced bread.

What nonsense. Breaking Bad is far superior to sliced bread! :D

I'm watching this on Netflix and currently halfway through Season 3 and it's utterly brilliant. As addictive as the drugs that the show is about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Why isnt this on uktv

Because it was dropped by two different channels for poor viewership, and Sony were asking for far too much (because of the awards) to make the risk worthwhile for most mainstream channels.

Netflix have the premiere rights now though, possibly preventing any TV networks from picking it up, and Sony are releasing every season (up to 5 part 1) on Blu Ray Jun 3rd.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is really good but you do have to stick with it.
    Season 1 is good, season 2 hit and miss but season's 3 and 4 are great. Gonna hold out til it's over before starting on season 5.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im new to breaking bad and need to know wether its anygood. Should I start watching it?

It's awesome :)

I don't see how it could be anything like Shameless, though :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    It's awesome :)

I don't see how it could be anything like Shameless, though :confused:

I think the person meant gritty real life ghetto esque
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member

Who told you it was like Shameless?:eek:
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Ridiculously good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    its nothing like Shameless US.

Its brilliant, you won't be disappointed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    I watched BB right off the bat when it was shown on FX UK 5 years ago...Just the way they cut the promo made me think "I give this a shot" so glad I did but then it disappeared after the 1 season. Then Five USA showed season 1&2 then dropped it after that and we've never had it on British TV since...only choice after that was.......you know what...

I've got a few friends into BBad now and its become very popular but I just wished they promoted the show better back then but I guess everyone was watching LOST. (I was watching LOST too)
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only started watching Breaking Bad recently. I flew through the first 3 seasons but I've hit a dull patch in S4 and I'm struggling to keep going. Maybe I just need a break from it for a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Keep Going mate it will pay off in the end, trust in Heisenberg!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    so so good!

i found my self properly addicted to it,

cant wait for the final episodes to be aired :D
  • darren221980darren221980 Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    I had Breaking Bad recommended to me by a friend a few months back, i started watching it and have to say Season one was a bit slow however it soon picked up and i couldn't stop watching at all. I've caught up to Season 5 and now just waiting for it to return from the mid season break.

Who ever said Breaking Bad is like Shameless must have been taking some of what Heisenberg has been making!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched the first 2 episodes now and its brilliant. Think im gunna be addicted
  • Dannielle_HowelDannielle_Howel Posts: 1,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its good, really good... But and its a biggie - It can some times feel like effort to watch and I'm up to date and have been waiting around 8 months for the second half of season 5 (the last season) to start.
    It's a good series, has some really shocking moments - But if you wanted to watch a program that is more of the same but more awesome then I'd turn to 'Weeds'
    Weeds is incredible, Its dark, funny, dramatic... Incredible!
    I'd watch Breaking Bad after Weeds - You'll enjoy weeds more I guarantee it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im nackered, woke up at midnight and crammed 5 episodes in. Season 1 is complete its brilliant
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    Its good, really good... But and its a biggie - It can some times feel like effort to watch and I'm up to date and have been waiting around 8 months for the second half of season 5 (the last season) to start.
    It's a good series, has some really shocking moments - But if you wanted to watch a program that is more of the same but more awesome then I'd turn to 'Weeds'

I think you might be alone on earth in preferring Weeds to Breaking Bad. It is a half-hour comedy anyway, so a rather different thing than a dark drama series like Breaking Bad.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    watch it mate,i was late to party too but now im here waiting for second half of s5!
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I loved the first 3 seasons of Weeds (Mary Louise Parker is a goddess) but I lost track of it somewhere in Season 4. I really should go back for a massive catch up session.

You are right. Lots of similarities with Breaking Bad. Not just the drugs angle but you never know which way the story is going to turn.
  • SteelEdgeSteelEdge Posts: 6,903
    Forum Member
    Finished Season 3 last night and I felt very happy that I'm watching it on Netflix! I honestly do not what I would've done if I'd had to wait a year to see what happens after that cliffhanger! Amazing stuff!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Greatest television programme ever made. End of.