Kid Icarus: Uprising - 3DS

2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
Forum Member
Just saw the latest trailer for the game <here> and my life it looks gorgeous. I think this has to be my most anticipated 3DS game. :)

Not sure if we have a true release date, as it stands at the moment it's a vague March 2012 for Europe. It's been in development for a long time now and you can see the quality shining through, for me no PS Vita game looks even half as exciting as this. It also looks perfect to show off the 3D capabilities. Who else is excited about this game?

Comments

• 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    New gameplay trailer <here>

How good does that look! I also understand the mystery behind the game coming packaged with that stand, it's because the gameplay is said to be pretty intense and it's said to be more comfortable to play it with the 3DS resting in it. Not the greatest idea for a portable system but what can you do? It is perfectly playable without it though. I can't wait for this one.
  • chriswyattchriswyatt Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That American dialogue would get VERY annoying after a while!
    Forum Member
    I'm kinda used to whiny American dialogue in games but yeah, true enough.

It is coming to UK on the 23rd March!
  • MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looking forward to this one...
    Forum Member
    New footage here that shows off some of the weapons, multiplayer and AR card battle game:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/akdj/movie/movie05.html

Can't understand a word of it but it looks awesome. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Japan, additional Kid Icarus AR Cards are available free inside breakfast cereal! (20 to collect!)

http://andriasang.com/comzxr/kid_icarus_snacks/

Wonder if they'll do that here?
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    In Japan, additional Kid Icarus AR Cards are available free inside breakfast cereal! (20 to collect!)

http://andriasang.com/comzxr/kid_icarus_snacks/

Wonder if they'll do that here?

doubtful, no one will know who or what it is...

the japanese are nuts..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i wonder if Game or Gamestation can afford to stock this one..?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i wonder if Game or Gamestation can afford to stock this one..?

Doubt it - remember, it comes with that stand and AR Cards, so it's probably way too expensive. ;)

Oh and in other news, I received a new Kid Icarus puzzle to fill in my Streetpass game a couple of days ago...... More pink pieces to try and find!
    Forum Member
    No chance will they stock it or if they do it will be limited to preorder only. The supermarkets probably won't have any in either if Resident Evil Revelations is anything to go by.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I watched a video of the western release the other day and the voice acting was horrible imo. I can only hope they allow an option for Japanese voice overs with subs but if not it's not going to spoil it for me, it just would of been nice.

I don't know if we clarified the need for the stand but it's because the game makes heavy use of the L button along with the analogue and touch screen, that means you're really only holding one side of the unit which could get a bit uncomfortable for long periods of play. Having a stand makes sense but by no means is it imperative.

Lastly the hands-on verdict in the latest Nintendo Gamer stated that the game is very tough, almost unwelcoming and the control method is at first hard to get used to. But once you get over this it opens up into a very satisfying game. I'm happy to hear the game is tough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No chance will they stock it or if they do it will be limited to preorder only. The supermarkets probably won't have any in either if Resident Evil Revelations is anything to go by.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I watched a video of the western release the other day and the voice acting was horrible imo. I can only hope they allow an option for Japanese voice overs with subs but if not it's not going to spoil it for me, it just would of been nice.

I don't know if we clarified the need for the stand but it's because the game makes heavy use of the L button along with the analogue and touch screen, that means you're really only holding one side of the unit which could get a bit uncomfortable for long periods of play. Having a stand makes sense but by no means is it imperative.

Lastly the hands-on verdict in the latest Nintendo Gamer stated that the game is very tough, almost unwelcoming and the control method is at first hard to get used to. But once you get over this it opens up into a very satisfying game. I'm happy to hear the game is tough.

if its anything like the 3d classics version, i cant get past the second screen, the one that has the nail sticking out of the ground..:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nintendo say that "hundreds" of Kid Icarus AR cards will be available.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/29/hundreds-of-kid-icarus-uprising-ar-cards-to-be-available/
    Forum Member
    New Medusa trailer <here>.

WOW!! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heads up - according to ONM, next issue will have exclusive Kid Icarus AR cards
    Forum Member
    Nice one, don't often buy ONM these days and they're probably running this promotion as I bet sales have slipped since the excellent Nintendo Gamer went on sale.
    Forum Member
    8/10 from Edge. People who have already got their hands on it that I've spoken with are loving it, the game is said to look visually gorgeous with some very impressive 3D (best by far the best use of it on 3DS, but you don't need me to tell you that if you've watched the trailers on the eStore!) and very deep gameplay.
  • DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A perfect 40/40 from Famitsu!!!
    Forum Member
    Wow! This is turning out to be a pretty special game! :):)

To be fair Nintendo have been working on it for so long now and when they do that nothing but greatness usually follows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a Kid Icarus anime on the 3DS Nintendo Video channel - and it has far more depth than most of the 3D videos
    Forum Member
    Only a few days to go. Been listening to the soundtrack on YT and it's just epic.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a heads up - amazon.de (The German site) has a special offer.
    Buy Kid Icarus and get 30 AR Cards free.

Google translate page follows:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.de%2Fgp%2Fproduct%2FB0071L2PP4%2Fref%3Ds9_simh_gw_p63_d0_g63_i1%3Fpf_rd_m%3DA3JWKAKR8XB7XF%26pf_rd_s%3Dcenter-2%26pf_rd_r%3D1NWD5P5TG8K50K8F9QQY%26pf_rd_t%3D101%26pf_rd_p%3D463375173%26pf_rd_i%3D301128

Sadly, no UK site seems to be doing the same.

They're also selling AR card packs over there individually for 10.99 euros
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, so I - maybe stupidly - cancelled my ShopTo order and went with the Amazon Germany one.
    Wish me luck
    Forum Member
    Ha! Good luck. I wouldn't dare cancel my ShopTo order as I want it ASAP. I hope to have it by Thursday anyway. Hopefully you will make a nice saving though.

I'm not 100% on what the AR cards do in this game, I'll probably get them for collection purposes regardless but I have read they are used in pretty interesting ways.
    Forum Member
    Eurogamer Review is in;
    Eurogamer wrote:

Kid Icarus: Uprising is a strong, pretty game turned into an essential one by way of its surrounding infrastructure. Its weave of systems hauls you back in to replay stages time after time; the sense of progress and acquisition is a powerful, irresistible loop. Most significantly, it reveals a Nintendo we haven't seen for some time, eager to innovate in ways that will excite its hardcore fans, focusing on competition, struggle and mastery. Reaching for the sky.

9/10

:):):)
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    Argh not another must have title:D

The 3DS is coming into a class of it's own at the moment;)