Dead Rising 2 now free this month for Gold members

Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
Forum Member
✭✭
For those that aren't aware, the latest game MS are giving away for free is Dead Rising 2 if you have Gold.

I've never played this one so it's a nice treat. Plus you get to keep it forever, even if you go back down to Silver for those that don't know.

Comments

• gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    Also Dead Rising case zero
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yeah, better add that to my download queue!
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,674
    Forum Member
    Is it a good single-player game? And is Case West worth £3.59?
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    If you like Dead Rising it's a good game. It's mostly geared around single player. The original is probably better overall but so long as you're not put off by the time limits then it's enjoyable.

I own Case: West but not played much of it, I always wanted to finish DR2 before playing it but it seems ok, it brought back a few elements from the first game and for £3.59 you get quite a lot of gameplay.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    Started playing this last night and first impressions are that it is EXACTLY a carbon copy of Dead Rising 1...!!!

The ONLY difference which I can see so far is that you play 'Chuck' instead of Frank West.

Everything else is the same - yet another mall to go around to kill zombies (:yawn::yawn: been there, done that), the naff saving system has yet again returned (whereby you have to physically go to ceratin locations to save which loads of people hated about the original - why bring it back???:confused:) and again, the same old timed 'Cases' that only happen at specific times in the game?!?! Plus the fact that you have to return to your daughter every 24 hours to give her zombrex kinda limits what you can do in between.........

I really don't know if I can be truly bothered to play it all again - its that similar...!!

Even where you start off - locked inside the arena and the only way to the outside world is through an air duct - PLEEEASE - that's a blatant carbon copy of Dead Rising 1 where again, the only way to the outside world form within the Mall (the safe area) was through an air duct..?!?!?!

Sorry - but not really impressed - glad I got it for free through the 'Games For Gold 'promotion............