Logitech Harmony 525

Anyone got one of these ? If so, is it any good / worth the dosh...or would you recommend the more expensive 688 or 885 models ?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using Amazon for pricing the 525 is the most expensive of the three that you mention.....

Personally I dont use a third party learning remote as the one which came with my Denon AVR is able to control all of my components already with the exception that it cant turn off my CD player (can turn it on, stop a cd playing etc, just not off)

Mine isnt the nicest remote in the world and you can certainly get ones which look better but you get used to it quickly enough. I personally wouldnt consider paying £100 for a remote control but I guess that is just me (and the fact I have a "free" one which can do it anyway)
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    The 688 lacks the colour buttons so if these are important to you cross it off list.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have not got the 525, but amazon must have made a mistake with the price.

See CCL for good prices.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    Astaroth, the Logitech Harmony 525 remote is ~£48 inc.VAT from
    cclOnline
    ...the Amazon price is clearly a misprint (or extreme profiteering!) Think its about £69 from Comet.

Yep, 688 is missing the coloured buttons, so that rules that out for me.

Anyone got a 525 ??
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,834
    Forum Member
    srennocks wrote:

Anyone got a 525 ??

I have an 885 and a 655 both great IMO but not seen a 525 yet. Lots of people on AvForums swear by them; one or two just swear :D
    R46
  • dobbin231dobbin231 Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    THe Logitech Harmony 525 is available from Komplett for £37.51 (inluding VAT).

There is an in depth review of the 525 here
    http://www.trustedreviews.com/article.aspx?art=2127

I have got mine on order.