Options

Scandal Season 4 US Pace (may contain spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was beginning to think that Scandal had lost it's way, but that all changed with this week's episode. Talk about a turn-around!
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    postit wrote: »
    I was beginning to think that Scandal had lost it's way, but that all changed with this week's episode. Talk about a turn-around!

Was about to say the same thing!!:o What a turnaround. And about time too.

Case of the week: check.
    Mad twist in the end: check.
    Mellie madness: check.
    Cyrus's dark arts: check.
    B613 story bubbling in the background/not taking over the whole show: check.
    Olivia finally getting a bit of fire in her female belly: check.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heh. Huck and Quinn doing what they do best "classic fluff and fold?"

Not so malleable VP giving Cyrus ulcers

Great episode.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some US site spoiled me the ending before i watched it. I am no longer using that site anymore. They clearly don't believe in spoiler alerts. But to be honest, Jake has had a tagret on his head all season. It would of been a bigger shock if it had been another character.
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like the way the show took Jake out. It was way too easy and made Jake look weak.

He deserved being taken out in a more clever way, or at least by more than one person.

I know it was the fact he knew the person some how that made him hesitate, but surely his training would have saved him from that?
    I blame the show's writing rather than anything in the show's universe.
  • Options
    lovetochatlovetochat Posts: 737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although Jake was always going to be the next major death, agree he was taken out far too easily. He's better than that.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Is he really dead though? I know he got stabbed a bunch of times but this is Scandal....

I'm fed up with Rowan and B613.
  • Options
    topgooner100topgooner100 Posts: 2,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surprise Surprise the weasel lives Bet if he got nuked he'd still survive Shonda would never kill off her favourite pet

Now this Foxtail crap No one cares sick of b613 crap End the damn thing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was shocked he lived as Scott Foley did confirm his departure about an hour after it aired. Unless he is leaving, but not in a body bag and not until the finale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well that explains why he was taken out so easily.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So he wasn't killed at all......

I'm liking the empowered Mellie. At least with her political career it will keep the show running.

Please end this B613 rubbish. At first I found Rowan/Eli quite menacing but now I'm getting fed up of him and the fact he thinks he's always one step ahead. Show is going round in circles with that storyline and it's better that Rowan is killed rather than a Grand Jury case which will be just as annoying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    lovetochat wrote: »
    So he wasn't killed at all......

I'm liking the empowered Mellie. At least with her political career it will keep the show running.

Please end this B613 rubbish. At first I found Rowan/Eli quite menacing but now I'm getting fed up of him and the fact he thinks he's always one step ahead. Show is going round in circles with that storyline and it's better that Rowan is killed rather than a Grand Jury case which will be just as annoying.

Yes I agree about the B613 stuff, not really helping the show.

For me the show has always been about the political stuff and the case of the week stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, and I feel season 4 has strayed too far from the political and case of the week aspects of the show. I reckon that may be why season 4 has caused such a divide among people. Hopefully the B613 arc comes to a close at the end of the season. It's been going on for two seasons now. Season 5 should be a brand new arc with new allys and villians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    B613. Again.

Really, they could've ended all this boring B613 with a bullet to Rowan's head, if Olivia had the guts to do it and quit yakking on about how much she hates her dad blah, blah, blah. Now it all seems a whole load of dragging out a storyline that should have ended some time ago. It would actually be a more interesting s/l if we saw that Rowan had weak spots to his character that the team could use to their advantage rather than the writers making him out to be this ever prevalent all-seeing, all-knowing fear-god that he really is not.

As this B613 takes far too much centre stage, my intense hatred for it grows in direct proportion to my liking Sally more and more. How I wish we had more of the politics and case-of-the-week stuff. And for that I don't get as excited to watch Scandal as I used to, sadly. I hope this will be the final B613 season we ever have.

I love Quinn and Charlie working together:D
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, and I feel season 4 has strayed too far from the political and case of the week aspects of the show. I reckon that may be why season 4 has caused such a divide among people. Hopefully the B613 arc comes to a close at the end of the season. It's been going on for two seasons now. Season 5 should be a brand new arc with new allys and villians.

With most shows I prefer the ongoing arc stories rather than the monster/case/baddie of the week, but the silly weekly scandals is what they do best

Still enjoying the show but maybe one more season would be enough rather than let it drag on forever.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow what a finale
    I think season 5 will be rebirth

and i just read that Shonda was so indecisive over the finale, she ordered more footage to be filmed. She also edited the episode more than once and that the actors won't have a clue themselves how each of the character's fate will end up being.
  • Options
    arkark Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not "into" that ending at all. I am guessing no more Jake :(

Cant imagine where this goes next, but in drama anything is possible!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Meh, just glad this poor all-over-the-shop season is over, with B613 finally dead and buried. I mean, after making Rowan a man to be feared, all it took was a schoolboy slip-up on his part to bring him down? OK. Whatever. Didn't know whether to sigh or roll my eyes at the Cyrus twist being part of auctioning off Olivia. I think I'd already become jaded with this season some time ago.

Shame about Jake, but I'm not surprised. Boy, does Shona have a lot of work to do to save this show come next season. Last season wasn't that good - merely OK. This one was stoned with way too much silliness.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nihonga wrote: »
    Meh, just glad this poor all-over-the-shop season is over, with B613 finally dead and buried. I mean, after making Rowan a man to be feared, all it took was a schoolboy slip-up on his part to bring him down? OK. Whatever. Didn't know whether to sigh or roll my eyes at the Cyrus twist being part of auctioning off Olivia. I think I'd already become jaded with this season some time ago.

Shame about Jake, but I'm not surprised. Boy, does Shona have a lot of work to do to save this show come next season. Last season wasn't that good - merely OK. This one was stoned with way too much silliness.

I thought it was quite good that Rowan was put in jail for something so simple. It reminded me of how Al Capone was finally put in jail for tax evasion - despite all the crime he had committed and his influence with police, justice dept etc even he was tripped up on something simple.

I must have missed the bit about Cyrus, will have to re watch.

Jake had to leave somehow, he knew he was always second best.

It was worth it to see the end of B613 even if it was a bit of an anticlimax in the end :(.

I forgot that Mellie had never had contact with Rowan so it was a bit harsh of Fitz to have a go at her. She was heartbroken at the loss of their son - of course she wouldn't have caved in if she knew who he was.
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A fittingly terrible end to a fairly a awful season.
    lovetochat wrote: »
    It was worth it to see the end of B613 even if it was a bit of an anticlimax in the end :(.
    It isn't actually the end of B613 though. That's part of the many, many problems with the finale.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Just caught up on this. All I can say is I'm glad the season is over, what a train wreck.

S5 is really going to have to start with a bang if I'm going to be sticking to it because S4 was hard to get through.

It would be interesting to see what ratings they received, but I'm sure they've plummeted.
  • Options
    MinnieMinzMinnieMinz Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I agree about the B613 stuff, not really helping the show.

For me the show has always been about the political stuff and the case of the week stuff.

Another agreement from me. It's started to bore me and put me off watching a bit. I don't get as excited for a new episode and his long vocal rants.
  • Options
    chrisii2011chrisii2011 Posts: 2,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did like the ending but I cant help thinking it wont be happy ever after for Fitz and olivia
  • Options
    AlexiRAlexiR Posts: 22,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see what ratings they received, but I'm sure they've plummeted.
    These are Live+SD demo numbers they don't paint an especially pretty picture. Although to be fair its not been a good Spring for anything really and Scandal still sits at the top end of things. For comparisons sake I'll also post numbers for season 3 (which aired an hour later)

Season 4 Ratings

1. 3.8
    2. 3.3
    3. 3.0
    4. 2.9
    5. 3.0
    6. 3.1
    7. 2.9
    8. 3.2
    9. 3.1 [Midseason Finale]
    10. 3.6 [Midseason Premier]
    11. 3.2
    12. 3.1
    13. 3.3
    14. 3.0
    15. 2.7
    16. 2.4
    17. 2.3
    18. 2.1
    19. 2.4
    20. 2.3
    21. 2.2
    22. 2.3

Season 3 Ratings

1. 3.6
    2. 3.1
    3. 3.3
    4. 2.9
    5. 2.9
    6. 2.8
    7. 2.9
    8. 2.9
    9. 3.0
    10. 3.2 [Midseason Finale]
    11. 3.4 [Midseason Premier]
    12. 2.8
    13. 2.8
    14. 2.9
    15. 3.1
    16. 2.9
    17. 3.0
    18. 3.4
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AlexiR wrote: »
    A fittingly terrible end to a fairly a awful season.

It was quite a mess of a season but I thought it was a good finale which finally wrapped up the B613 nonsense and set things up for a next season.