How I Met Your Mother

Comments

• GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    Not a bad episode but the purpose was really just to get the wedding out of the way (Finally! It feels like we've been here for 2 seasons) before the grand finale next week.

The problem with TV weddings is that there are always a load of people who should be there but aren't because they can't get everyone together at the same time and there is only so much you can do with green screens. For example, what happened to Robin's cute sister? She was around a few episodes ago but then vanished.

The actress was probably too busy filming Pretty Little Liars to be in it more than she was.

Really enjoyed this episode and looking forward to the finale although I will be sad to see the series end.
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah one more episode to go! Going to be crying bucketloads next week
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The spoilers I found out for the finalè will very definitely divide the fans, if true...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finale draws ever closer....I am avoiding spoilers like the plague right now.
  • vixj83vixj83 Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    I have about 15 hours probably, hopefully, between airtime and completion of download in which time I could see spoilers. I really really hope to avoid them!!!
  • David_HillDavid_Hill Posts: 3,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know what time it will be over here when it airs in America. Wann stay up to download it but can't stay up too late because I have work in the morning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    David_Hill wrote: »
    Anyone know what time it will be over here when it airs in America. Wann stay up to download it but can't stay up too late because I have work in the morning.

It airs at 8pm in the States.
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    David_Hill wrote: »

Finishes at 2am, shame we're back to being five hours ahead due to BST, last week I downloaded it at half 12.

Really looking forward to the episode, part of me wants a massive twist but really I just want everything to go right for Ted (and the mother. (That said, there's also a tiny part that's still holding out for Ted and Robin. :blush:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Finishes at 2am, shame we're back to being five hours ahead due to BST, last week I downloaded it at half 12.

Really looking forward to the episode, part of me wants a massive twist but really I just want everything to go right for Ted (and the mother. (That said, there's also a tiny part that's still holding out for Ted and Robin. :blush:)

If there's still a hypothetical situation where Ted and Robin happens I shall pull my hair out :D
    Forum Member
    maurice45 wrote: »
    If there's still a hypothetical situation where Ted and Robin happens I shall pull my hair out :D

I don't think there still is, well I don't have one anyway. I do really like them together, mainly down to the actors' fantastic chemistry (much better than Harris/Smulders and Hannigan/Segal imo) but I admit the reason only a tiny part of me wants them together is because the rest of me knows there's no way the writers could put them together without pissing me off (i.e the mother being dead.)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    I think I'll feel a bit cheated and disappointed if the Mother is dead and Ted ends up with Robin. I won't be able to watch the finale for another six hours or so, so I'm outta here. Enjoy it everyone!
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    stripes85 wrote: »
    I think I'll feel a bit cheated and disappointed if the Mother is dead and Ted ends up with Robin. I won't be able to watch the finale for another six hours or so, so I'm outta here. Enjoy it everyone!

I think they did it in a good way. You don't feel any disloyalty to the Mother, for the way things ended up and it all makes sense in hindsight.

A satisfactory ending IMO.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »

:blush:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Hi guys, I've lurked for a little while but I don't know if we're allowed to talk without spoilers, so I'll put my thoughts on the finale in spoiler tags.
    Bits were beautiful, bits were cliched and bits were OTT, but overall I think HIMYM got the ending it deserved. I'll be hoenst, I'm a little disappointed about the death of The MOther (or Tracy as we now know she's called), given that she was meant to be the love of Ted's life, and that turned out to be Robin. As soon as it was revealed that Robin and Barney broke up it was clear that Robin would find her way back to Ted.
    I love Tracy. She's a beautiful character, who, having had very little involvement in the overall story arc, fitted in perfectly with the cast. I'm just not sure how they're going to do How I Met Your Dad, now that she's dead, and been dead for six years. I enjoyed that Barney had a daughter, it was right to see him finally change, and love someone more than he could ever love a woman.
    As for Lily and Marshall, I'd have liked to see Lily give Marshall back his bet money haha, just at the end as a nod to Robin and Ted. I'm just sad there are no more episodes!

I do think it was all done very well, I only teared up about Barney and Ellie, I expected to cry bucketloads. I also expected a twist with Number31 but I guess the point was that the woman wasn't important, it was the baby that mattered.
    The final meeting of the mother was lovely, and the kids encouraging their dad to ring aunt robin was good - but they were right, the whole damn story has been about her, not Tracy! [/SPOILERS]
    Forum Member
    I know I said I'd be pissed off if they did this just a few hours ago but they played it perfectly, and it was a brilliant way to end the show. :D

I loved that finale, seriously loved it. It was completely true to the characters, Barney and Robin were never going to work out and Robin was always going to be the one who fell away from "the gang." It didn't fob off the mother either, she was still a well realised character, someone Ted loved and will continue to love even when he's with Robin. I think the reason we kept hearing about "the one" is because in the end Ted had two "the ones", Robin and Tracy, and this was his way of explaining that to his kids. That he will always love their mother, and she meant the world to him, but he also loved "Aunt Robin" and after six years it's time to move on. It makes sense as no matter who fans "shipped" the backbone of the show was Ted and Robin, hence why it started when they met.

Donna Bowman from AV Club gets Ted (and the show) spot on once again: http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/how-i-met-your-mother-last-forever-202887

Ted is the character I'll take with me from this show, I know most dislike him or simply prefer Barney or Marshall but to me Ted *is* the show. Also Josh Radnor has played him perfectly throughout the series and has never gotten the credit he deserves imo, with all the attention going to Neil Patrick Harris who has a more flashy role.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just not sure how they're going to do How I Met Your Dad, now that she's dead, and been dead for six years.

:confused: How I Met Your Dad will be a completely separate story as far as I know.

It's not following the tale of the Mother from this story.
  • OminousGloryOminousGlory Posts: 5,019
    Forum Member
    For me, it was an amazing ending. What we watched in 9 years was a 25 year story that had everything. It ended how it started - Robin and Ted, and that's how it should have always been. Do I feel cheated? Sure. But the story did tell how he met her, how much he loved her and how much he would always love her, even after she died. The kids even said it, it was six years after she died. He wasn't disloyal. Even his kids encouraged him to go with Robin. A great ending to a great show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    I don't know how to feel. :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I'm going to call it Barney is going to be the Dad in "How I Met Your Dad" Only reason I can see for not name or showing Number 31... :o
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope Barneys' daughter has the word Legendary somewhere in her name
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    I thought the end was fantastic and was really excited seeing Ted and Robin gt together.

Let's also remember, realistically Ted has probably told his kids thousands of stories about the mother, whereas ( as we discovered) the sole purpose of this long long story was indeed all about Robin because he wanted his kids' blessing.

Really sad it's over.

I don't know if How I Mer Your Dad is gonna work out well just due to the fact that we basically know the formula for HIMYM, unless they rejuvenate the premise completely!
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted claimed he was no longer the guy who stole the blue French horn for Robin, only to go and steal the blue French horn again for Robin. His character development was amazing.

The premise of the show is pointless. The kids themselves knew that Ted's story was more about Robin (excellent parenting Ted). The last episode was basically fanfiction.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Ted claimed he was no longer the guy who stole the blue French horn for Robin, only to go and steal the blue French horn again for Robin. His character development was amazing.

The premise of the show is pointless. The kids themselves knew that Ted's story was more about Robin (excellent parenting Ted). The last episode was basically fanfiction.

At that point in the story, he wasn't the blue horn guy. You're forgetting that this story lasts 25 years, and by the end of it, he has become the blue horn guy again
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At that point in the story, he wasn't the blue horn guy. You're forgetting that this story lasts 25 years, and by the end of it, he has become the blue horn guy again

I'm not forgetting anything. The writers just seemed intent on hammering in that Ted/Robin were meant to be. It made the premise if the show fairly pointless.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    So How i met your mother was all about how me and robin messed about for years with feelings, then i met your mother had you and then me and robin again? SURELY the ending had to be him WITH the mother?