Options

The Following Season 3

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    The longer we go with out seeing Joe the better.
    Too late he appeared in the last few second of episode 5
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I loved the Mike and Ryan fight! Glad Max is OK.

Re: the parody - I thought it was hilarious!! So good to see Michael C. Hall in it, especially asking if Dean wanted some of his doughnut! Dexter reference :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought the 2 eps this week were the best yet
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the current episode please I keep getting confused when it's on. Enjoying the season so far. Feel sorry for Max's current boyfriend but wondering whether he's planning his own revenge.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FINALLY! Joe Carroll is back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote: »
    What is the current episode please I keep getting confused when it's on. Enjoying the season so far. Feel sorry for Max's current boyfriend but wondering whether he's planning his own revenge.

Episodes 4 and 5 aired on Saturday in the UK.

Episode 6 airs in the US tonight.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok it sucked me in again....but again how much more stupid and incompetent are these FBI ?
    Apart from Kyle dying, Daisy, Mark and Dr Strauss all got away......AGAIN :D:D
  • Options
    The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FINALLY! Joe Carroll is back!

Yep the series most incompetent serial killer is back. Lets watch him muck up the most simple of plans
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really liking season three. Intrigued to see what Tom does. He's already stolen evidence and, almost let Mike die.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They've finally got a good actor and killer in the guise of Michael Ealy. I hope he become the Big Bad of the season.
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not enjoying this season much tbh

Feels like they're making it up as they go along with no long term plans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think this week's episode was as good as the last few, but I suppose it's setting everything up. I really don't know how Mike can get away with killing Lily, the way things are going!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not enjoying this season much tbh

Feels like they're making it up as they go along with no long term plans
    One of the main problems I have with the show is that it doesn't seem to have a point. Just seems to be a case of the FBI being incompetent all the time.

I liked the idea of a cult going around killing random people all the time
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having watched the whole series from the beginning, I finally gave up on this last night. I found the constant stabbing of innocent people disturbing and the box scenes last week were probably the final straw. Coupled with the incompetence of the FBI I just know each episode is going to be more of the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    I found the constant stabbing of innocent people disturbing

Although this may contradict what I said about liking random people being killed, I do agree that the constant stabbing of innocent people is bad in terms of story,

I just like the idea of a cult making people feel insecure by killing them randomly, rather than a few deranged individuals going around killing people because they have mental problems.

It always amazes me how people who kill are shown to think they are somehow superior to anyone else.
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This series is rubbish. I like when we see Joe/Ryan interact but with Joe locked up he is underused.
    Cannot stand Max.
  • Options
    Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem to be going round in circles a little... Baddie... Chase... Only Ryan, Mike and max available to make chase..... And of course they end up in some ludicrous position with the baddie because they went in alone.....

Also, Daisy is no Emma and Dr Strauss is no Joe.

Still find it a decent, if frustrating, watch. Shame the fittie had to go this week.

Also, why two episodes this week? Quick burn off?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Episodes 4 and 5 aired on Saturday in the UK.

Episode 6 airs in the US tonight.

Thanks Sez :) Joe is finally back! Excited now... :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Sez :) Joe is finally back! Excited now... :)

No problem :)
  • Options
    Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    Also, why two episodes this week? Quick burn off?

FOX want to finish airing the season in May during the sweeps. They'll be showing 2 episodes again on May 11th and the final 2 episodes will air the following week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As much as I love this show and the cast - it frustrates me. I thought Joe was supposed to be Strauss' 'best student'. Now this unknown character suddenly appears to be his best student, someone we've never heard about before until this episode... Someone posted earlier that it seems the show is making itself up as it goes along - it certainly seems that way!
  • Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strauss stealing Joe's thunder is not remotely interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As much as I love this show and the cast - it frustrates me. I thought Joe was supposed to be Strauss' 'best student'. Now this unknown character suddenly appears to be his best student, someone we've never heard about before until this episode... Someone posted earlier that it seems the show is making itself up as it goes along - it certainly seems that way!

|f Joe was my best student I would walk away from teaching.

Worst maybe but Best? Never

Then again with such a needy and incompetent personality like Joe's I can see the reasoning behind telling him he "was my best".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »
    |f Joe was my best student I would walk away from teaching.

Worst maybe but Best? Never

Then again with such a needy and incompetent personality like Joe's I can see the reasoning behind telling him he "was my best".

:D you're so right.

I can't quite work out where the season goes from here tbh now Strauss is no longer and this new amazing student is in the mix... no mention of Mark either...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D you're so right.

I can't quite work out where the season goes from here tbh now Strauss is no longer and this new amazing student is in the mix... no mention of Mark either...

Would have preferred Joe to die and Emma have lived. Think that would have created a much better and interesting story (and seeing Ryan dealing with the death of the reason of his existence as well). I though Emma was fantastic character and would have made the story go in a very different direction.

I cannot shake the feeling the only reason Joe is still around is due to the great performance of James Purefoy. For me that is always a mistake