Scorpion: Season 1 - ITV2 UK Pace

Comments

• leeowls87leeowls87 Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are going to be 22 Episodes in Season 1

Though CBS have been very odd with the scheduling and have run through it at quite a pace that they have only 6 episodes left to show and still 13 odd weeks of the TV season to go, so there will be a lot of breaks in the US as I'd imagine they want the final few episodes to air late April and early May.

ITV would have caught up pretty quickly in that instance so I can only assume they are taing another break.

It might of made more sense for them to have waited another month or so before resuming the 2nd half of the season and they wouldn't of needed another break.
  • OcadoOcado Posts: 1,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss McPhee looked hot tonight. But then, don't think I have ever seen her NOT looking hot.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A surprisingly well done episode tonight, this was one of a very small handful of the apparently legally-required Christmas miracle episodes that I've sat through that didn't have me reaching for the sick-bucket.

This is in spite of the ending because we've seen previously that Walter will readily fake any seemingly emotion-driven action because it is the logical thing to do and I will keep telling myself that every time it looks like he's learning 'feelings'.
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Pacman1854 wrote: »
    Anyone know why next weeks is listed as 'last in the series' in the TV mags?

Did ITV2 only buy the first 12 episodes?

It isn't!

Digiguide has it listed for 5th March as well.

Next week is Episode 13 - evidently some of the TV magazines are still oblivious to the fact that CBS gave Scorpion a "back 9" order to complete a full 22-episode season. :blush:
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I managed about 20mins of this episode before i got sick of the boy crying and switched off. Wasn't my cup of tea, so yeah another crap episode for me.

I don't think ITV2 is taking another break with Scorpion. Pretty sure they're going to show the remaining episodes weekly till the season ends.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    I managed about 20mins of this episode before i got sick of the boy crying and switched off. Wasn't my cup of tea, so yeah another crap episode for me.

I don't think ITV2 is taking another break with Scorpion. Pretty sure they're going to show the remaining episodes weekly till the season ends.

It was one of the worst episodes of the series. It didn't help that it was shown just before Christmas at US pace. Very sentimental, something Scorpion doesn't do well.
  • Dave 101Dave 101 Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Started to watch this series a while back and haven't given it a look for ages. I liked the first couple of episodes and thought it had potential. Will have to catch up on it before giving more feedback but am looking forward to it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A very silly, silly, silly episode. It was engaging enough however that it kept my attention for the whole episode. An 10yo kid online gaming in the dark web uncovering a CIA safe house? Beyond ridiculous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really, if you remember the whole premise as to how Walter ended up meeting Cabe. As long as they keep Kat McPhee in it, I'll watch it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    As long as they keep Kat McPhee in it, I'll watch it.

That seems to be the ONLY reason you're watching the show! :D
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been really enjoying the past couple of episodes, what with sylvester getting blown up, happy with her dad AND toby :D and it being a genuinely interesting show!
  • linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The season has been quite good.

Not the best thing on tv but I have kept watching unlike The Flash which I got bored of. Problem with Scorpion it peaked at the first episode and the rest have been average.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not watched last night's episode yet but I really love this show. And it's great having Elyes Gabel back on my screen every week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back to a really good episode of Scorpion last night. They're rare goddamit, but i really enjoyed it. I think it might even be one of my favourites from the entire season so far.

I just found it really funny with Walter being totally clueless about love, flirting and chatting up women. The scenes between him and Paige were the best with Paige telling him exactly what to say and do! :D I might use that 'stunning' line next time i'm out! ;-)

Also some decent action at the end with the plane on fire. I liked this episode a lot. If only there were more badass villains like Sima the show would be so much better!

I fully expect the show to go back to normal next week.....
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back to a really good episode of Scorpion last night. They're rare goddamit, but i really enjoyed it. I think it might even be one of my favourites from the entire season so far.

I just found it really funny with Walter being totally clueless about love, flirting and chatting up women. The scenes between him and Paige were the best with Paige telling him exactly what to say and do! :D I might use that 'stunning' line next time i'm out! ;-)

Also some decent action at the end with the plane on fire. I liked this episode a lot. If only there were more badass villains like Sima the show would be so much better!

I fully expect the show to go back to normal next week.....

It's always worth watching, "if just for Paige,"
    She looked very sexy in that short black flared skirt.
    "We tend to notice these things."
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a fun episode and probably more realistic than most in that the theme was the social inabilities Walter is likely to suffer.

Funny it coincided with Paige having a crush on him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    That was a fun episode and probably more realistic than most in that the theme was the social inabilities Walter is likely to suffer.

Funny it coincided with Paige having a crush on him.

So are we to assume Walter is a virgin? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would consider that to be 99.999999999999999999% correct. My favourite part of the whole episode was Paige flirting with Sima and the look on the others faces made me laugh. It was like their fantasies come true.
  • Doctor_WibbleDoctor_Wibble Posts: 26,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ocado wrote: »
    ... My favourite part of the whole episode was Paige flirting with Sima and the look on the others faces made me laugh. It was like their fantasies come true.
    If Sylvester was not recording that he's not a proper nerd! :D

As Cyrano style scenes go, the bar conversation definitely gave a good giggle but I also enjoyed the outdoor stuff between Toby and Happy - it's always funny when fancy spy gadgets only *almost* work properly.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So are we to assume Walter is a virgin? ;-)

No because some time in his teens he decided it was time to lose his virginity and being a genius he worked out the most likely candidate amongst his known associates, calculated precisely the amount of alcohol required. Researched the most suitable location. Statistically analysed the most appropriate time. And being a genius it actually worked. So no problem there then.😉
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite night of the week, but then that is no surprise. Funny, whilst I found Katharine McPhee attractive on American Idol, I find her totally sexy on Scorpion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok episode last night.

Wish they'd stop trying to turn Walter into some kind of hero chasing after villians when the guy has had no kind of training whatsoever. He's a nerd, not an action hero! Still can't warm to the bloke. Toby and Sylvester are much more likeable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last night's episode was a lot of fun. Another one of the rare really good episodes of Scorpion. Really enjoyed it. Sylvester right in the thick of things - what a legend! :D

Having said that if the villains were as ruthless as they were supposed to be Walter, Cabe, Paige and Sylvester should all really be dead. The amount of times they had a gun pointed at them and they got off. LOL!
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just gonna catch up on scorpio i'm on the episode of true colours, and there's no place is it in the same universe as the n c i s and hawaii five o and jag.
  • Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just gonna catch up on scorpio i'm on the episode of true colours, and there's no place is it in the same universe as the n c i s and hawaii five o and jag.

Has to be the same - given that Hetty (from NCIS: LA) has been in it and this span off from within NCIS which span off from within JAG. And all of these have had crossover characters. Plus NCIS:LA has crossed over episodes with Hawaii 50.

So - yes - they are all linked!

You can add Magnum into the mix as that frequently mentioned Hawaii 50 as a real unit during its episodes (and Magnum was created by the same person as created JAG and NCIS).