Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix - Behind the Scenes Photoshoot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GCBBFAkTj8

I hope we get to have those other shots, because they all look more interesting than the official album cover.

Explosion of Tumblr gifs in 3...2...1
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I think they picked the worst cover :p. I still like the cover though. :)

Hopefully they are in the booklet. Perrie looked unreal in some of them shots though!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Those glamor shots of Leigh-Anne near the end though at 3:15...she looks like an old Hollywood star.

Jesy Face of Thunder 1:06

Depleting the ozone layer for the afro 2:20
  • aldualdu Posts: 2,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are the girls feeling better now? Little Jade needs some serious vitamin..
    The band simply needs to rest it seems like these journeys are just taking their toll.
    I just pray they all turn up to XFACTOR over the weekend, I don't watch the show but will only for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aldu wrote: »
    I just pray they all turn up to XFACTOR over the weekend, I don't watch the show but will only for them.

The only way someone would miss that is if they are in the hospital. They'd power thru it. I think all the girls should be dosing with vitamins since they were all in contact with Jade during the incubation period.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just hope someone makes an hd recording of their performance - so we can watch more than once....:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Mix are currently competing for the Popjustice 20 Quid prize :D. They just beat MKS - Flatline.

Here's how it went down (from PJ)
    Two songs at random are picked from the shortlist and the group have to debate about which of the two should go. So I doubt anyone in the room wanted Flatline out as early as it was, but it was up against DNA really early on.

DNA kept getting picked out and killing off the challenger, until it reached a point where everyone was sick of listening to and talking about DNA. It happened that CHVRCHES was the song to kill it off, but I get the feeling various songs on the list could have killed off DNA at that point due to fatigue.

The Saturdays made Top 3 by virtue of simply not being picked out at random to be in a head-to-head until the latest stages of the night (despite only narrowly surviving the 'immediate elimination' debate at the start of the night).

When it came down to CHVRCHES vs The Saturdays - The Saturdays picked up a lot of pissed off girl band fans that has seen Girls Aloud and Little Mix go out. But that contingetnt was overwhelmed by those in the room that felt there would be something "not quite right" about the song that knocked out DNA being beaten by Gentleman, when DNA would have beaten Gentleman hands down.

In the end the winner was as much about saying that Gentleman absolutely CANNOT be named song of the year, as much as it was about saying The Mother We Share was the best.

Net result: DNA really popular. Strong like bool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I say Move will enter at 4... hopefully.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio 1 are announcing a Live Lounge for next week at 12:30.

Edit: Yeah its Little Mix. They are on next Thursday!! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Jesy Face of Thunder 1:06

You can always tell when they have had a long day because Jesy generally looks fed up/pissed off and makes no attempt to hide it :D I've never really picked a favourite but if i did it'd probably be her, doesn't looks like she would take any BS and be anything other than totally honest. I like that.

- tim
  • BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can always tell when they have had a long day because Jesy generally looks fed up/pissed off and makes no attempt to hide it :D I've never really picked a favourite but if i did it'd probably be her, doesn't looks like she would take any BS and be anything other than totally honest. I like that.

- tim

Agreed completely. Jesy does NOT beat around the bush. She tells it like it is.

That's what will help LM develop overtime, having a voice an not allowing anyone to control them. I think Jesy was the one who spoke upon Simon not really mentoring them? I think she said "he doesn't really help us that much, we see him once a month or something"

The rest of the girls were pretty quiet after she said that. :D I can't find the interview though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was their last Google hangout.
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    Picture of them rehearsing move for X Factor there seems to be a lot more dancers than previous performances so that's good ! :D no sign of Jade though http://twitter.com/LittleMixOffic/status/395949167723704321/photo/1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Not exactly original since CV said the exact same thing, but I'll guess 3rd-5th for Move, keeping in mind that I don't understand the UK market well and the idea of buying a single is completely alien to me. Storm Queen is leading them decisively in iTunes preorders while all the other acts I recognized that are coming out the same week are trailing them. I think Eminem, probably 1D, and maybe Lorde will stick around ahead of them. There's a bit of downside risk but very little chance they go higher, I think.

Move views on Youtube seem to have more or less flatlined at ~300k/day so it's doing solidly but not really taking off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though its only on the B List this week. I have heard Move a lot on Radio 1! :)
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    Even though its only on the B List this week. I have heard Move a lot on Radio 1! :)
    No it's not its on the A List now ! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    No it's not its on the A List now ! :)

Its on the A List for next week as the new playlist doesnt commence till the following Monday! :)

Thats why I posted I am hearing it a lot for it being on B
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I heard it 5 times today in the car. Radio 1 (twice), Capital (twice) & Real Radio. The airplay is certainly picking up.

- tim
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard it 5 times today in the car. Radio 1 (twice), Capital (twice) & Real Radio. The airplay is certainly picking up.

- tim

That's great, as today was the 1st time I've heard it on radio - and that, on Capital (9:50) - I don't get the opportunity to have the radio on for longer than short snippets, daily..:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://comparemyradio.com/tracks/Little_Mix/Move

1636 plays on this list. Move needs to pick up as The Saturdays Disco Love had 2300 plays when it was released (it got Top 10).

http://ukairplaychart.com/uk/rolling_week/

#24 now up from #41 last week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nissl wrote: »
    Not exactly original since CV said the exact same thing, but I'll guess 3rd-5th for Move, keeping in mind that I don't understand the UK market well and the idea of buying a single is completely alien to me. Storm Queen is leading them decisively in iTunes preorders while all the other acts I recognized that are coming out the same week are trailing them. I think Eminem, probably 1D, and maybe Lorde will stick around ahead of them. There's a bit of downside risk but very little chance they go higher, I think.

Move views on Youtube seem to have more or less flatlined at ~300k/day so it's doing solidly but not really taking off.

This is just a corollary thought. Little Mix seems to have a high Q Score in the US. In fact one of the radio PDs mentioned that in the All Access hoorah blurbs when Wings was on air in the US. That's a likeability rating.

http://variety.com/2003/scene/news/you-like-me-you-really-like-me-1117896302/#

So funny enough I am evolving my position on how well their new stuff will do, everywhere. I'm getting much more optimistic.

Also, I was figuring my positions for next week on 1D staying ahead of them but I'm not so sure now. Even though they were ahead in the midweeks, on UK iTunes Eminem is outselling them (and Lorde) by a large margin currently, so I think that midweek position was entirely preorders which wont be there next week.

http://kworb.net/popuk/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Picture of them rehearsing move for X Factor there seems to be a lot more dancers than previous performances so that's good ! :D no sign of Jade though http://twitter.com/LittleMixOffic/status/395949167723704321/photo/1

Yes! Lots more dancers and mixed gender too. That will give it a party atmosphere.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Also, I was figuring my positions for next week on 1D staying ahead of them but I'm not so sure now.

Nor am I, it looks like the sales will drop off quite a bit. I am not getting the feeling it's really getting people overly excited. It'll probably stick around the top 10 for a while though.

I'm going to be bold and make a top 5 prediction for the 10th November, based on how things look to be shaping up....

1) Storm Queen - Look Right Through
    2) Eminem ft Rihanna - The Monster
    3) Little Mix - Move
    4) Britney Spears - Work Bitch
    5) Lorde - Royals

Think the Eminem song will be huge (it has Rihanna in it) and that Storm Queen track as previously mentioned will go down very well I reckon, everybody seems to love it. The Britney track will probably chart quite well but I don't pick up on a lot of enthusiasm for it on the radio at the moment and the Fatboy Slim records sales already look to have started sliding, so don't think it'll be inside the top 5 in over a weeks time. I have listened to the Taylor Swift single and can't see it setting the world alight to be honest.

Looking at releases in the coming weeks I think the song could stick around a bit as well, but lets not get carried away yet.... #3 next week would be great.

- tim
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim you think Britney will go top 5?

I dont think it will!
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking Britney will debut around #8, One Direction will slip to around #5 and Little Mix will debut around 3-4
This discussion has been closed.