Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Scream & Shout is one of the worst things ever and look where that ended up.

The thing that's going on this quarter is a lot of big names with their big fanbases are releasing and it doesn't have to be a good song to get big numbers.

The big artist may not have sales matching past success, but the numbers are still enough to beat smaller acts.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't be bothered to comment about the Britney song.:yawn:

I really wish the girls would make their songs longer by about a minute.... I feel the tracks would get deeper into the minds of listeners....:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The radio edit would always chop it down to 3:40 though.

Always Be Together was their longest track.

I heard Timberlake has an 11 minute song on the second album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Huge sigh of relief from me:

@aaroncarlohair Is Perrie back to the ponytail hairstyle? :( #canshepleasedipdyeherhairpinkagain

@aaroncarlohair 24 Sep
    sometime pony/sometimes down. That's the beauty of hair......we will not be dying it pink again!

@aaroncarlohair and purple?

@aaroncarlohair
    no
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I love the new Britney song :o but it's pretty clear that her typical fanbase is gay males which isn't the widest demographic in the UK but I think this song is a great workout song and it'll be huge in clubs so it might sell to a bigger audience.

I could see Gaga releasing a single the week before her album comes out which would mean it would compete with Move. If it would be the rumoured Rihanna duet :(.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    Can't be bothered to comment about the Britney song.:yawn:

I really wish the girls would make their songs longer by about a minute.... I feel the tracks would get deeper into the minds of listeners....:p

Mmmmm..... Little Mix fans with minds.. what a concept....
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    Britney's new song is awful..... It even failed to do well stateside so I dont know what would make it do well here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it would be the rumoured Rihanna duet .

Supposedly Gaga denied that for the album on a radio interview. I have this vision of RiRi sitting back in her chair with her popcorn and bored face while the other pop girls have their cage match.
  • shaunnashinesshaunnashines Posts: 5,698
    Forum Member
    Britney's single will definitely go #1, it's Britney and it's a club song.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney's single will definitely go #1, it's Britney and it's a club song.

That doesn't make it a great song, I don't think it's gonna get no 1:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Go on as many tv shows and scream & shout as you want, if people aren't feeling the song it won't sell. Remember the lengths LM went to, to try and get CYL (especially) & HYD into the top 10. It didn't work, the public weren't feeling it.

How effective the TV promotion will be for LM will depend on how well they pull off the live performance. Still can't get my head around how it'll work. It'll either be awful or amazing.

- tim

Just to play devil's advocate, going on a publicity blitz does help with repetitions and increasing awareness. All I have to do is scan who is on every magazine cover at the supermarket checkout to see who's film is opening here.

I have to say that Little Mix's great strength is always delivering live. Sure they've had nervous performances for them (2) but I have yet to see them bring a car crash.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Always Be Together was their longest track.

It feels long as well when you listen :yawn:

The fact that is the 3rd track people are confronted with when listening to the album (and possibly LM) for the first time, whilst Case Closed & Love Drunk are hidden away as bonus tracks is so wrong.

- tim
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avon942 wrote: »
    That doesn't make it a great song, I don't think it's gonna get no 1:cool:

Since when has that stopped Bieber?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that is the 4th track people are confronted with when listening to the album (and possibly LM) for the first time, whilst
    I'll Make You Believe & Love Drunk are hidden away as bonus tracks is so wrong.

- tim

Fixed.

And you'll have to pry ABT from my cold dead fingers.
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since when has that stopped Bieber?

Wow this is awkward as I like Beiber and his songs lol:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Heh sorry but just to reiterate what I said up the page. All these acts have enormous fanbases that will carry whatever is put out regardless of quality. LM aren't there yet so they do have to put out good stuff.
  • felpcalibasfelpcalibas Posts: 5,547
    Forum Member
    lol I liked Bieber's last album
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont be at the R1 Teen Awards this year.

Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Rizzle Kicks, Fall Out Boy, James Arthur and Icona Pop are the comfirmed artists.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Wont be at the R1 Teen Awards this year.

Jessie J, Tinie Tempah, Rizzle Kicks, Fall Out Boy, James Arthur and Icona Pop are the comfirmed artists.

It's on the same day of their X Factor performance, so not massively surprising.

I bet LM were asked because thats a pretty ropey line up for a teen event to be honest.

- tim
  • davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    they could have sung at the teen awards near the start and then off to x factor
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opting for the televised one that will reach 9 million viewers at once seems the logical choice.

I hope they aren't nervous like they were for DNA. I want them to own the stage like they did week after week on the show and I think that's what XF viewers who are not LM followers would expect.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davem1234 wrote: »
    they could have sung at the teen awards near the start and then off to x factor

I'm not sure they could. The Teen Awards usually happen mid-afternoon, so they wouldn't have much time to finish then get over to the X Factor and prepare for what will be a pretty big production.

Nailing the X Factor performance is probably the most important part of the whole promotional campaign. I'm quite happy for them to concentrate on that, performing at Wembley beforehand could be a significant distraction. Chances are a lot of the crowd at the Teen Awards will be buying the single anyway....

- tim
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not sure they could. The Teen Awards usually happen mid-afternoon, so they wouldn't have much time to finish then get over to the X Factor and prepare for what will be a pretty big production.

Nailing the X Factor performance is probably the most important part of the whole promotional campaign. I'm quite happy for them to concentrate on that, performing at Wembley beforehand could be a significant distraction. Chances are a lot of the crowd at the Teen Awards will be buying the single anyway....

- tim

Not forgetting most concerts run behind schedule. LM cant be late for a televised appearence like Rachel Riley.
  • old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Opting for the televised one that will reach 9 million viewers at once seems the logical choice.

I hope they aren't nervous like they were for DNA. I want them to own the stage like they did week after week on the show and I think that's what XF viewers who are not LM followers would expect.

I think any nerves will most likely centre on the dance routine for Move
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could always opt for slow sultry moves and let the dancers go crazy. I just don't want them losing breath like they did last time.

The song has such fast singing I'm wondering how they'll arrange it.
This discussion has been closed.