Suits on Dave : Series 4 UK pace (No spoilers)

Comments

• carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,684
    Forum Member
    But despite that you still would, wouldn't you? Her or Rachel.

(I know. Objectifying. But don't think the girls don't do that too :D)
  • julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hackney1 wrote: »
    Donna is SO annoying - gobby, interfering know it all

I am not a fan of Donna at all. The way she interferes and thinks she knows everything but I actually felt sorry for all last week when she thought she was going to go down for fraud. I still think either Louis or Jessica should have represented her instead of Harvey but in the end he got her off.

See the way she stays out of Jessica's way who never minces her words
    Forum Member
    Cracking finale. Not quite as big a cliff-hanger as last season. Of course I'm sure it'll all be worked out after a few episodes :D
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    I am not a fan of Donna at all. The way she interferes and thinks she knows everything but I actually felt sorry for all last week when she thought she was going to go down for fraud. I still think either Louis or Jessica should have represented her instead of Harvey but in the end he got her off.

See the way she stays out of Jessica's way who never minces her words

A rather weak final episode. No real "cliffhangers" were there?
    Mike proposes to Rachel, (no big deal as they already live together) Donna says she's going to work for Louis. How long will that last?
    Forum Member
    I already said as much, but then I don't like shows that end on any sort of cliff-hanger anyway because of the possibility it won't get resolved :(
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Was that the season finale then?

Not sure about anyone else but I really couldn't give a shit about Donna any more.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Was that the season finale then?

Not sure about anyone else but I really couldn't give a shit about Donna any more.

Me neither. She's such a whiney cow. Didn't realise it was the season finale. It went out with a whimper than a bang.
    Forum Member
    Me neither. She's such a whiney cow. Didn't realise it was the season finale. It went out with a whimper than a bang.
    Yeah, it hardly screams "tune in to next season to find out what happens". It's the kind of finale that could easily be written known it was cancelled.

I guess we'll get S5 at the same time next year, if Dave pick it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it hardly screams "tune in to next season to find out what happens". It's the kind of finale that could easily be written known it was cancelled.

I guess we'll get S5 at the same time next year, if Dave pick it up.

Not sure how popular it is over here anymore. A lot of people were complaining on here so maybe Dave won't pick it up.
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a slight improvement on S3 even though the initial episodes with the Gillis stuff was a bit tiresome.

A lot of things seem to be wrapped up now so maybe S5 will go back to the dynamics of S1 and S2?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was a slight improvement on S3 even though the initial episodes with the Gillis stuff was a bit tiresome.

A lot of things seem to be wrapped up now so maybe S5 will go back to the dynamics of S1 and S2?

Hope so cause all that lovey dovey stuff was boring. At least we have the Good Wife as a decent replacement tonight at 10.
    Forum Member
    I usually watch Forever on Thursdays. Will be watching The Last Leg and skipping through some of the election coverage.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually watch Forever on Thursdays. Will be watching The Last Leg and skipping through some of the election coverage.

Isn't Forever on at 9 the same time as The Last Leg?
    Forum Member
    Isn't Forever on at 9 the same time as The Last Leg?
    I watch most shows from On Demand to get rid of ads.
    I'm enjoying Forever so watch that on Thrusdays (Friday early mornings) and leave Suits until another free night.
    Forum Member
    Yeah, it hardly screams "tune in to next season to find out what happens".
    So a bit like last years then. (Like he was never going to go back to the firm.)

Okay. Not exactly like that; but close. It's hardly a no-brainer that she's not going to leave. (Unless the actress doesn't sign-on for S5, I guess!)
  • issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Are they gonna repeat Season 4 on Dave? Just finished watching Season 3 on Netflix :$
    Forum Member
    issy17 wrote: »
    Are they gonna repeat Season 4 on Dave? Just finished watching Season 3 on Netflix :$
    It doesn't seem to get a rerun until just before the new series airs. Just a guess but if Dave sign up S5 then it'll be on at the same time next year.

Oh, and I didn't mean that Donna would leave the show, but it does look as though she's leaving Harvey.
    Probably will have a will they or won't they get together story line.
  • daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's renewed for season 5 already, likely to air June/July in the US. Was renewed in Feb. Viewing figures have been falling in the US but it still scores very well for them in the 18-49 demographic that they are so obsessed with.
    Whether Dave will pick it up, I don't know. If not, I'll have to rely on Netflix.

I still like it, still love Harvey. I do like Donna as well. She has made mistakes this season, but I don;t have any problem with her calling Harvey out and going to work for Louis. Harvey knows that he loves her, she knows that he loves her. He has dangled her on a string, citing the "it will ruin our work relationship" thing, and she's tired of it. Fair enough!

I'm looking forward to the Louis and Donna show! He needs someone to get him going since he lost the blonde associate.

Season 5, I'm in!
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/06/acquisitions-roundup-uktv-slate-dave-picks-up-uk-rights-to-suits-season-5/

>> TVWise has confirmed that UKTV has picked up the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to the fifth season of the USA Network series from NBCUniversal International Television Distribution. In a break with years previous, however, Dave is fast-tracking the show’s fifth season with plans to air it this August, mere weeks behind its debut on USA Network state-side.<<

Since Dave are splitting it I'm now more glad I've given up on it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2015/06/acquisitions-roundup-uktv-slate-dave-picks-up-uk-rights-to-suits-season-5/

>> TVWise has confirmed that UKTV has picked up the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to the fifth season of the USA Network series from NBCUniversal International Television Distribution. In a break with years previous, however, Dave is fast-tracking the show’s fifth season with plans to air it this August, mere weeks behind its debut on USA Network state-side.<<

Since Dave are splitting it I'm now more glad I've given up on it.

That's good news. Thought Dave would drop it after people seemed to lose interest in it over here.
    Forum Member
    Maybe they're fasttracking it to keep people interested.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On one hand, it's good news that Dave are fast tracking it, but on the other the mid-season break for Suits in particular is usually huge - often around 5 months.

Season 4 aired from the 11th of June until the 20th of August 2014 and then wasn't back until the 28th of January 2015, so I suspect Season 5 will be similar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    On one hand, it's good news that Dave are fast tracking it, but on the other the mid-season break for Suits in particular is usually huge - often around 5 months.

Season 4 aired from the 11th of June until the 20th of August 2014 and then wasn't back until the 28th of January 2015, so I suspect Season 5 will be similar.

Maybe they will show the 2nd half of season 5 in January over here so the mid season break won't be as long over here as the US.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they will show the 2nd half of season 5 in January over here so the mid season break won't be as long over here as the US.

Well Season 5 is due to start in the US on June the 24th, and for the past 3 years, barring one, they've always shown the first 10 episodes weekly without a break so following that pattern, episode 10 will be shown on the 26th of August so a 5 month break would bring it back around the same time in January, around the 26th I imagine.

I'd say it's more likely that Dave will start screening the second half of the season in the first two weeks of Feb 2016 as that'll give them around a fortnight's gap in case any of the US Paced episodes are pre-empted.

Two other shows that I know have mid-season breaks, being Once Upon a Time and The Walking Dead, are usually only gone 3 months so a 5 month break with Suits is very unusual.
    Forum Member
    I don't mind the breaks in some shows. Many new series i've been watching have 8-12 eps a series instead of 22-24 so if they do split it it feels like two seasons in a short amount of time.