Lady Gaga - 'Applause' Music Video (premiere)

Comments

• annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The video is OK.
    It's not as OMG as Bad romance, but I don't know if you can have that many videos like that in one career...

She didn't need that many persona/costumes, it makes the video a bit messy IMO (or maybe it's the editing cause there were many of them in Bad romance, but it worked better somehow).
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    Omg it's so good. I feel like It's referencing a lot of things that I don't understand though lol.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/7430/ke8.gif :D

i actually think this video is rather good though.:eek: of course, its nothing amazing, but it does enhance the song somewhat, at least for me anyway. she does look great with the long haired bikini shots, the hair back with the blazer images reminds me of madonna's drowned world tour look and she looks uncannily like liza minnelli in places.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sick of this woman writhing around in her underwear. There used to be a kitschy, retro charm to her videos along with the arresting imagery but it seems the ideas have just dried up so she just gets her tits out and rips off other artists. She looks terrible in this video, like a manic, washed up coke ****. I see a meltdown in her future, shame as her debut was phenomenal.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gpk wrote: »

Omg :D This one made me laugh :D
  • Diane_RobDiane_Rob Posts: 1,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the 'haters' are just as OTT as the little monsters :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    I'm sick of this woman writhing around in her underwear. There used to be a kitschy, retro charm to her videos along with the arresting imagery but it seems the ideas have just dried up so she just gets her tits out and rips off other artists. She looks terrible in this video, like a manic, washed up coke ****. I see a meltdown in her future, shame as her debut was phenomenal.

N'aww, You won't like Rihanna, Katy Perry or Madonna then, just a heads up.
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pretentious tosh as always
  • So 3008So 3008 Posts: 2,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Easily her best video since Alejandro in my opinion. I'm over the disappointment of Applause now and am just enjoying it for what it is. Good job SwanGa.

Her hair and makeup look great during the shell-bikini segments, and I loved chained up cadged Gaga as well.
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    God she needs to get Red One to produce for her again .
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diane_Rob wrote: »
    N'aww, You won't like Rihanna, Katy Perry or Madonna then, just a heads up.

I'm not actually that fond of any of them, funnily enough. I like early GaGa far more.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annushka wrote: »
    She didn't need that many persona/costumes, it makes the video a bit messy IMO (or maybe it's the editing cause there were many of them in Bad romance, but it worked better somehow).

I agree some parts do get a little messy.

She did say in the GMA interview before the premiere that it was all about an obsession with transformation and quick transformation that appears almost magical. I think that's why the changes are so rapid and regular throughout.#

I'm really, really loving this video. It's fun and dark at the same time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Was that the same dance routine from another one of her songs?
  • konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with the video imo - it's just that the song continues to be awful no matter how many times I hear it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Personally I'm relieved that the video is a decent length and has lost the pretension of the last few videos. I don't feel the video enhances the song in anyway and I'm not entirely compelled to rewatch. However it is better than the majority of videos from her last era.
  • digichantdigichant Posts: 3,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish video...

She looks uglier and more deranged than ever!
  • chrisqcchrisqc Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Allright video for a sub par song

I love her look when she wears the green jacket
    Killer body compared to what she turn into at the end of her last tour
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digichant wrote: »
    Rubbish video...

She looks uglier and more deranged than ever!

Aw that's mean, I'd hate to know your views on 'Alejandro' then!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the video but it's done nothing for the song, imo. Still don't like it.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've watched it 5 times and still think its awful.

This might be controversial but I think the lyric video suited the atmosphere of the song better and serves as a better video for the track. That would have made a better official video and been a change from the usual OTTmess she has boxed herself into.

I mean to think she has gone from great videos like Pokerface, Paparazzi, Telephone and Bad Romance to this.. its just :eek: Its like watching a train crash in slow motion.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    The video just makes the song sound even worse. A feat I didn't think was possible, even for Gaga.
  • boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it affecting her sales though,here or in the US??
    That's the aim. IMO a late released vid has bugger all chance of reversing a songs fortunes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It has it's moments, but it's another example of why she needs an experienced music video director.

She's good at creating the look and feel of her videos, but she really does need someone to take her ideas and mould them into a cohesive concept and execution. I had hoped she gathered this, particularly after saying she wouldn't be directing ARTPOP videos, but however great Inez and Vinoodh are...they're fashion photo/videographers and not directors.

As a fan, it's annoying that she could have her pick of any producer, director, choreographer, stylist, make up artist etc. in the industry, but continues to chose inexperienced friends who compromise her potential.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I thought it was very messy, tbh. I miss the epic videos of her earlier songs, despite what some people say about their length. Compare this video with the one for 'Bad Romance'. The latter was brilliant, stylish, stunning, full of amazing images and still managed to tell a story. This new one has too many random edits and sterile posturing (and, on a totally shallow note, where was Gaga's usual group of semi-naked male dancers or attractive male actors?? They were always a highlight).